Pages:
Author

Topic: bitmain and asicboost/segwit - page 2. (Read 1274 times)

Activity: 314
Merit: 251
April 06, 2017, 11:55:02 AM
if segwit activates bitmain can suck an egg for all i care but the ordinary miners with bitmain tech would get destroyed.. if say S9s cannot mine segwit blocks im just wondering what all the folks with S9s etc  will do when all their gear turning into doorstops overnight.

they would be forced to support a forked BU based chain i guess. whether they agree with BU or not.

glad im gpu mining alts..

I think the idea is that Wu has an (unfair?) advantage by only having the secret ASICBOOST hardware on his equipment, so he alone can earn the extra 30% revenue.  He didn't share the boost with his customers.  The stuff they sold retail would not have the advantage.

legendary
Activity: 4326
Merit: 3519
what is this "brake pedal" you speak of?
April 06, 2017, 11:43:40 AM
if segwit activates bitmain can suck an egg for all i care but the ordinary miners with bitmain tech would get destroyed.. if say S9s cannot mine segwit blocks im just wondering what all the folks with S9s etc  will do when all their gear turning into doorstops overnight.

they would be forced to support a forked BU based chain i guess. whether they agree with BU or not.

glad im gpu mining alts..
legendary
Activity: 3416
Merit: 4324
April 06, 2017, 10:14:05 AM
Hard to speculate, a lot of money involed in those corrupted ASICS. Jihan's overlord(s) needs to make consessions with a mega loss ore they go bankrupt with PoW change. Good change they will swich to support Segwit with slime on there faces.

I think they will find an excuse to maintain mining, they wont give up there business that fast. However, there reputation is rock bottom completely destroyed by greed  Smiley
legendary
Activity: 4326
Merit: 3519
what is this "brake pedal" you speak of?
April 06, 2017, 10:02:30 AM
this is probably obvious but i havent seen a clear yes/no answer on this:

if segwit activates on btc (fat chance) will bitmains recent asics stop hashing? if so which models?
Pages:
Jump to: