Pages:
Author

Topic: BITMAIN announces Antpool - page 34. (Read 382888 times)

legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1003
November 26, 2015, 07:06:36 PM
it happens from time to time. Usually gets cleared up once the days payouts are sent.
Activity: 206
Merit: 100
November 26, 2015, 06:56:17 PM
I was wondering the same thing.
Activity: 910
Merit: 1002
November 26, 2015, 05:01:30 PM
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1032
Carl, aka Sonny :)
November 20, 2015, 11:03:01 PM
about 20 mins you should see "something" within the hour you should see full hashrate. just wait a bit.

Thanks... Then maybe you could answer my other question?
My account is setup on PPS but I've setup one of my miners to point to solo.antpool.com:3333
The second worker shows up however as payment it's still set to PPS so my question is am I actually solo mining or not?

You pick the payment method (PPLNS, PPS, or SOLO) under Settings after you log in.  Select Edit and choose the type you want.  Your URL for mining does not change.

EDIT:  If you wanted different workers to have different payment methods you would need to create new sub-accounts for each payment method you want. Example: main account djroadking with workers djroadking.ant01 and djroadking.ant02 both with payment method PPS and sub-account djroadking1 with workers djroadking1.ant03 and djroadking1.ant04 both with payment method SOLO (or PPLNS).
Activity: 92
Merit: 10
November 19, 2015, 09:48:50 PM
Then why do they call it "solo" if you're not actually solo mining? Doesn't make sense.
legendary
Activity: 1344
Merit: 1024
Mine at Jonny's Pool
November 19, 2015, 03:15:57 PM
No, you're not.  AntPool's "solo" is not in fact solo mining at all.
November 19, 2015, 03:11:11 PM
about 20 mins you should see "something" within the hour you should see full hashrate. just wait a bit.

Thanks... Then maybe you could answer my other question?
My account is setup on PPS but I've setup one of my miners to point to solo.antpool.com:3333
The second worker shows up however as payment it's still set to PPS so my question is am I actually solo mining or not?
legendary
Activity: 1500
Merit: 1002
Mine Mine Mine
November 16, 2015, 11:19:34 PM
How long do you have to have a miner running to actually see results on Antpool's Dashboard? Out of the other pools I've used Antpool is giving me quite the headache...
I'm not seeing a worker as active even though it's on the list when I select "all." I'm also not seeing a hashrate on the chart.

November 16, 2015, 03:34:58 PM
How long do you have to have a miner running to actually see results on Antpool's Dashboard? Out of the other pools I've used Antpool is giving me quite the headache...
I'm not seeing a worker as active even though it's on the list when I select "all." I'm also not seeing a hashrate on the chart.
Activity: 979
Merit: 510
November 13, 2015, 07:28:59 PM
Is:
stratum+tcp://us.solo.antpool.com:3333
Still a valid setting?  My workers show up as active, but show no hash rates for over a day.
Tried restarting, miners are saying they are doing work and being accepted, but not getting paid.
Other miners are using this and still working, only seems to affect some.
Activity: 22
Merit: 0
November 12, 2015, 10:42:36 PM
Thanks!
Activity: 327
Merit: 250
it's a hardware thing!
November 12, 2015, 10:23:31 PM
How do you create a worker in Antpool?  I'm sure its probably been asked before but its not coming up for me in search.

I've made a sub-account.  When I click on the worker tab it shows the groups and there's a big red button to delete a group but don't see anything to create a worker.  Is there something additional I need to do other than create the sub-account?

Thanks!

Just put the worker name in your settings when you connect to the pool then it will show up. I do like cflocation.201 201 being the ip address of my miner. This makes it east to see whats going on with a glance

Activity: 22
Merit: 0
November 12, 2015, 09:52:21 PM
How do you create a worker in Antpool?  I'm sure its probably been asked before but its not coming up for me in search.

I've made a sub-account.  When I click on the worker tab it shows the groups and there's a big red button to delete a group but don't see anything to create a worker.  Is there something additional I need to do other than create the sub-account?

Thanks!
Activity: 266
November 09, 2015, 12:56:25 PM
Is P2pool worth looking into?
Is it a better way to use Antpool?
Does it somehow make use of a local full node?

There is no p2pool for antpool - only p2pool itself, which is far better for the network anyway, as well as yourself  Wink
Activity: 165
Merit: 100
November 09, 2015, 12:45:02 PM
Is P2pool worth looking into?
Is it a better way to use Antpool?
Does it somehow make use of a local full node?
Activity: 392
November 09, 2015, 02:30:37 AM
Average Luck for period (02-08 November) is 80% (!!!)

Average hashrate by pool (info from www.antpool.com) was ~100Phs
Average hashrate by cash generation (fact from solved blocks) ~80Phs
Luck 80%

Facepalm...

Just use PPS instead. I do. even though they take 2.5% you still come out with more than that stupid pool luck crap PPLNS.

Activity: 118
November 09, 2015, 02:18:29 AM
Average Luck for period (02-08 November) is 80% (!!!)

Average hashrate by pool (info from www.antpool.com) was ~100Phs
Average hashrate by cash generation (fact from solved blocks) ~80Phs
Luck 80%

Facepalm...
November 07, 2015, 10:24:53 PM
I hate to sound so dumb but are these empty block like dead end roads were you have to turn around after traveling down them and go find another route?
They are blocks that contain no transactions other than the coinbase one to distribute the 25BTC reward.  So, if you had a transaction waiting for confirmation, it's going to wait until somebody else finds a block.

To use your driving analogy, it's not like heading down a dead end road - it's more like getting to a traffic circle and just spinning around it a few times before heading off in the right direction.

who cares as long as you can keep lining your pockets.

So you wouldn't mind if your paycheck was supposed to be direct deposited into your account, but the bank just decided not to process it.

a bank and direct deposit has nothing to do with bitcoin and again as long as there is a 24 hour payout from antpool who cares they pay better than any other pool I tried them all I am tired of trying pools.

prove there is a better pool that supports the network and pays better or just as good and I will use it.

It was an analogy.  Fine let me make it a more direct comparison.  I send you 50BTC but you never get it because pools decide to mine empty blocks.

you mean it takes much longer but you will get it like when I SENT BITMAIN THE PAYMENT FOR THE S7 it took  MORE THAN AN HOUR to reach 1 confirmation and my order expired.

legendary
Activity: 1344
Merit: 1024
Mine at Jonny's Pool
November 07, 2015, 10:00:34 PM
I hate to sound so dumb but are these empty block like dead end roads were you have to turn around after traveling down them and go find another route?
They are blocks that contain no transactions other than the coinbase one to distribute the 25BTC reward.  So, if you had a transaction waiting for confirmation, it's going to wait until somebody else finds a block.

To use your driving analogy, it's not like heading down a dead end road - it's more like getting to a traffic circle and just spinning around it a few times before heading off in the right direction.

who cares as long as you can keep lining your pockets.

So you wouldn't mind if your paycheck was supposed to be direct deposited into your account, but the bank just decided not to process it.

a bank and direct deposit has nothing to do with bitcoin and again as long as there is a 24 hour payout from antpool who cares they pay better than any other pool I tried them all I am tired of trying pools.

prove there is a better pool that supports the network and pays better or just as good and I will use it.

It was an analogy.  Fine let me make it a more direct comparison.  I send you 50BTC but you never get it because pools decide to mine empty blocks.
Pages:
Jump to: