Pages:
Author

Topic: BITMAIN announces Antpool - page 53. (Read 382774 times)

Activity: 165
Merit: 100
June 24, 2015, 12:20:39 PM
Antpool:  When you're hot you're HOT.  When you're not, you're NOT.

Let's not go for another 30 block dry spell.
Activity: 392
Merit: 250
June 23, 2015, 10:55:20 PM

Go right ahead. me its included in my lease agreement so I am not stealing so there is no crime.

do whatever floats your boat.

i would check over that lease agreement.
im guessing somewhere in there it says that if your power increases too much your rent will go up or you will get kicked out.

only an idiot would rent out a place and not put something in there like that.

Even if its not specifically stated, there are fair use precedents. For example set by the guy who was selling 'his' free electricity back to the network to collect a cheque, to pay the rent.

by law if its not stated it does not apply as a guideline.
June 23, 2015, 10:52:06 PM

Go right ahead. me its included in my lease agreement so I am not stealing so there is no crime.

im guessing somewhere in there it says that if your power increases too much your rent will go up or you will get kicked out.

Even if its not specifically stated, there are fair use precedents. For example set by the guy who was selling 'his' free electricity back to the network to collect a cheque, to pay the rent.

You probably also signed saying you wouldn't run a business out of your unit.  This could probably qualify as a business and get you in trouble.

Nope been mining over a year and everything is fine. believe me I read the fine print very carefully.
legendary
Activity: 2786
Merit: 1011
Get Paid Crypto To Walk or Drive
June 23, 2015, 10:19:40 PM

You probably also signed saying you wouldn't run a business out of your unit.  This could probably qualify as a business and get you in trouble.
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183
dogiecoin.com
June 23, 2015, 09:43:20 PM

legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000
June 23, 2015, 07:35:06 PM
Yea, that's it, we're jealous of your crappy apartment that you don't own. Roll Eyes

Nice PM to me, by the way, I hope it gets you banned.
June 23, 2015, 07:28:28 PM
or you can be like me I don't pay for electric I get it free hahahaha.

Think I'd rather pay for it.

Then it's not free, you're paying for it as part of your lease.

Yes that's true my lease is less what you guys pay for your electric alone I am not complaining haha.

Bragging about living in the ghetto?  Whatever floats your boat...

ho ho ho ho hum boring I been in this app over 5 years already. been mining already for one year and not being thrown out for the rent being to high the problem is that you all are just all jealous because you have to pay more. 
legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006
June 23, 2015, 07:09:50 PM

legendary
June 23, 2015, 06:28:04 PM

Yes that's true my lease is less what you guys pay for your electric alone I am not complaining haha.

Bragging about living in the ghetto?  Whatever floats your boat...
legendary
Activity: 4466
Merit: 1798
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
June 23, 2015, 05:26:48 PM

Yep, what floats my boat is not ripping someone else off.
Electricity costs someone money, thus someone is paying for it.
Personally I see no pleasure in making someone else pay for my mining.
June 23, 2015, 05:19:08 PM

legendary
June 23, 2015, 03:58:32 PM

legendary
Activity: 2786
Merit: 1011
Get Paid Crypto To Walk or Drive
June 23, 2015, 03:29:12 PM

so if you rather pay go ahead.

There has been a lot of talk about what that means.  Usually it is limited to reasonable levels of power use.  I would wager that if you started maxing out every circuit in the place, your landlord would not be happy and would make you pay for it. (At the very least, make you pay for it one way or another, they can always add extra fees here and there when they feel like it).
June 23, 2015, 03:23:45 PM

legendary
Activity: 1596
June 23, 2015, 02:23:37 PM

June 23, 2015, 09:59:21 AM

legendary
Activity: 4466
Merit: 1798
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
June 23, 2015, 09:48:53 AM
... and in Australia if you get a banded elec rate plan ...
10pm-7am every day, is 1/5 of the peak weekday 2pm-8pm price
(the rest of the time is about half the peak)

The actual hours vary - but the different banded plans are similar.

(but the peak price sux - ~50c/kWhr)
legendary
Activity: 4172
Merit: 8075
'The right to privacy matters'
June 23, 2015, 09:44:45 AM
Im curious about total hashrate of antpool.
Why its go up and down significantly?
If it happen in short period i think its ok but its longer than day or two.
Are they testing hardware? Somebody has big hasrate join on and off?
Only antpool can answer this.
Contrary to popular belief and the conspiracy theorists, the vast majority of the time you see swings in hash rate on a pool, or even on the entire BTC network itself, it's not because some manufacturer just turned on a boatload of new hardware.

Pools and the network itself have absolutely no comprehension of actual hashing rate.  All they know is how fast shares are being submitted (pool) and how fast blocks are being solved (BTC network).  They use this in combination with the share difficulty (pool) or network difficulty (network) to ESTIMATE what the pool's/network's speed is.  The key word there is estimate.

Because of the nature of solving shares/blocks, the estimation process will show swings in hash rate.

+ 10% to -10%   are normal swings. On pure luck alone,  so a pool at 50 ph can go up and down   from 45ph to 55ph  as  a norm

not unusual at all.   Even  larger swings can happen  due to heavy good or bad luck.

Then there are other up and downs.  Under clocking gear, over clocking gear. -+ 2-3%    .  Weekends - weekdays         night mining only  = cheaper power  in USA, NJ

You can get special rates if you mine from 9pm to 5am.   So if your gear has roi'd 100%.  Then mining at night works. This can do swings.
legendary
Activity: 1344
Merit: 1023
Mine at Jonny's Pool
June 23, 2015, 09:34:14 AM
Contrary to popular belief and the conspiracy theorists, the vast majority of the time you see swings in hash rate on a pool, or even on the entire BTC network itself, it's not because some manufacturer just turned on a boatload of new hardware.

Pools and the network itself have absolutely no comprehension of actual hashing rate.  All they know is how fast shares are being submitted (pool) and how fast blocks are being solved (BTC network).  They use this in combination with the share difficulty (pool) or network difficulty (network) to ESTIMATE what the pool's/network's speed is.  The key word there is estimate.

Because of the nature of solving shares/blocks, the estimation process will show swings in hash rate.
Activity: 169
Merit: 100
June 23, 2015, 04:05:11 AM
Pages:
Jump to: