Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitmain AntMiner U1 Tips & Tricks - page 12. (Read 106330 times)

Activity: 9
Merit: 0
January 28, 2014, 04:59:44 AM
I got it working with bfgminer. I don't know why, but it's only working with the zetacoin pool I'm using, it does not work with peercoin pools. Both are SHA-256. It keeps spitting out a JSON stratum auth error, even though everything is entered correctly, URL, username.worker, and password.  Huh

http://imageshack.com/a/img27/3259/7v6u.jpg

Side note: It might be a good idea for the forum admin to get rid of the posting restriction regarding posting twice from the same IP address with only x seconds between posts. Seeing as how Private Internet Access (who I use) sponsors this forum, it seems a bit silly to have that since it's highly plausible that hundreds of privacy conscious members could be connected to the same server. LOL
Activity: 59
January 28, 2014, 12:59:08 AM
Anyone got any tips on serious cooling

I am inept with electronics but my mate is totally fine, and from what i gather if i get him to change a resistor and i can clock the miner up to 4 ghs.

Correct me if im wrong (which i probably am)

At the moment I have 2xAntminer running at 2Gh with zero errors, and got another 4 coming this week.

My current "cooling solution" although ghetto it works really well, (Can touch the miners and not even warm)

My cooling rig involves involves a decent desk USB Fan, and a 2ltr Coke Bottle with the top and bottom cut off, one end of the bottle the fan is sealed to the front of the fan (To avoid effecting the air intake) and the Teknet 3.0 USB hub in the other. Small whole cut in the top of the bottle so I can connect the fan to the USB hub.A picture below. I have moved it from its normal position for the photo,normally not got a kitchen sponge as a stand

What everyone think about it

lol that's pretty ghetto, why not just use an artic breeze fan?
Activity: 59
January 28, 2014, 12:55:01 AM
Have you been able to overclock with minepeon? If so can you provide instructions/command that is needed

I used bfgminer as the default miner in minepeopn latest 2.5.0 pr1 pre-release, with the same parameters as shown in this thread in the settings page and it seemed to be overclocking to similar rates as in Windows.  I don't have minepeon running now, so can't quote the exact command, however I basically copied it from my win settings.

Cheers
Ran minepeon again, using bfgminer as the default miner, and this is the entry in Settings (line added just before the bfgminer command line which was already there)

--set-device antminer:clock=x0981
/usr/bin/screen -dmS miner /opt/minepeon/bin/bfgminer -S all -c /opt/minepeon/etc/miner.conf

You'll need to change the x0981 to your desired clock value as posted elsewhere in this thread.

Cheers

Did you set your clock value to the max. I'm debating should I set it to the max.
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
January 27, 2014, 10:43:58 PM
hey,

I have an antminer which is running anormaly slow.
[...]
This antminer has been tested with different hubs (dlink, 49-ports...), alone, but it never reached more than 0,1Gh/s.

The 21 other units are working very well, so I guess the item is faulty  Huh
Screws are tight... and it's not getting hot at all ... Any idea?

Two ideas:
1) you are running the miner for a short period - wait at least some hours
2) that is the hash rate the pool sees - with zero shares it is quite natural the hash rate is bad and dropping!!
Please, don't run the miners for 1 minutes and complain of slowness... I see AMU 0 running at 2.10 and the other two at 1.98!!!

1) I had it run for one day, no luck. bfgminer is reporting correct (5s avg/all time avg) but "effective avg" is < 0.1ghs and it produces very low shares.
And running it on cgminer I'm getting those results:
Code:
[P]ool management [S]ettings [D]isplay options [Q]uit
 ANT  0:                | 133.3M/65.73Mh/s | A:  36 R:  0 HW: 16 WU: 0.6/m
 ANT  1:                | 1.574G/1.530Gh/s | A:1296 R:128 HW: 51 WU:20.4/m
 ANT  2:                | 1.646G/1.733Gh/s | A:1400 R:  0 HW: 54 WU:23.2/m
 ANT  3:                | 1.596G/1.837Gh/s | A:1400 R:  0 HW: 59 WU:24.6/m

2) Yes, even after running it for hours it doesn't produce more shares. I have 27 other AMU running fine, that's why I wonder what happens with this one...

Measure different voltages on the testpoints.
I'd like to know how to do that... I have a multimeter but have no clue what should I measure... I'm more in software than hardware ehe Grin
I can tell you that the voltage across the 2 larger ceramic capacitors that are near the edge and next to each other should measure about .8 volts across the capacitor.
EDIT: I don't know how far you can get with only a volt meter but you could check the voltage across some components and then compare with a working unit.

Activity: 168
Merit: 100
January 27, 2014, 10:36:53 PM
It helped me a little getting rid of the old comm drivers, or least helped my ocd side...

but under device manager, make sure to view all

anw
Activity: 76
Merit: 10
January 27, 2014, 10:32:14 PM
hey,

[...]
This antminer has been tested with different hubs (dlink, 49-ports...), alone, but it never reached more than 0,1Gh/s.

The 21 other units are working very well, so I guess the item is faulty  Huh

Two ideas:
2) that is the hash rate the pool sees - with zero shares it is quite natural the hash rate is bad and dropping!!
Please, don't run the miners for 1 minutes and complain of slowness... I see AMU 0 running at 2.10 and the other two at 1.98!!!

1) I had it run for one day, no luck. bfgminer is reporting correct (5s avg/all time avg) but "effective avg" is < 0.1ghs and it produces very low shares.
And running it on cgminer I'm getting those results:
Code:
[P]ool management [S]ettings [D]isplay options [Q]uit
 ANT  0:                | 133.3M/65.73Mh/s | A:  36 R:  0 HW: 16 WU: 0.6/m
 ANT  1:                | 1.574G/1.530Gh/s | A:1296 R:128 HW: 51 WU:20.4/m
 ANT  2:                | 1.646G/1.733Gh/s | A:1400 R:  0 HW: 54 WU:23.2/m
 ANT  3:                | 1.596G/1.837Gh/s | A:1400 R:  0 HW: 59 WU:24.6/m

2) Yes, even after running it for hours it doesn't produce more shares. I have 27 other AMU running fine, that's why I wonder what happens with this one...

I'd like to know how to do that... I have a multimeter but have no clue what should I measure... I'm more in software than hardware ehe Grin
January 27, 2014, 07:22:05 PM
You're using a quite old version of cgminer.
Please, read this thread from the begining and use fractalbc's fork or bfgminer.
Don't forget the USB drivers.

I get the same thing with bfgminer. Driver is installed. I'll look into the fork you mentioned and report back later when I get home. Thanks.
legendary
Activity: 1493
Merit: 1003
January 27, 2014, 07:13:36 PM
I just got one of these today and I'm having some issues getting it to work (windows 7). I followed the instructions in the manual, and when I start cgminer this is what happens: First it looks fine, see image.

Then it says that I possibly don't have the correct URL.

I do have the correct URL, port, have workers, etc. Here's my command line:

cgminer.exe --bmsc-options 115200:20 -o stratum+tcp://zet.dsync.net:3333 -u username.Miner1 -p 12345abc --bmsc-freq 0981

Has this happened to anyone else?

You're using a quite old version of cgminer.
Please, read this thread from the begining and use fractalbc's fork or bfgminer.
Don't forget the USB drivers.
January 27, 2014, 06:42:28 PM
I just got one of these today and I'm having some issues getting it to work (windows 7). I followed the instructions in the manual, and when I start cgminer this is what happens: First it looks fine, see image.

http://imageshack.com/a/img40/9027/0rg7.jpg

Then it says that I possibly don't have the correct URL.

http://imageshack.com/a/img21/2724/ttu0.jpg

I do have the correct URL, port, have workers, etc. Here's my command line:

cgminer.exe --bmsc-options 115200:20 -o stratum+tcp://zet.dsync.net:3333 -u username.Miner1 -p 12345abc --bmsc-freq 0981

Has this happened to anyone else?
Activity: 15
January 27, 2014, 01:05:45 AM
bfgminer -o http://your.pools.stratum.com -u yourworkername -p yourpassword -S antminer:all --icarus-options 115200:2:2 --set-device antiminer:clock=x0781 --no-opencl-binaries --no-submit-stale

Works about the best if you want a few extra Gh/s out of your pool! What really helped out was the --icarus-options 115200:1:1, --no-opencl-binaries and --no-submit-stale commands. Anyone have any other commands to add to that to bump the pools Gh/s rate with Bfgminer? I changed the clock to the default 1.6 in the example above from what I use so that no one accidentally fries their miner playing around. Also for 2.2Gh/s to show properly you need to set the --icarus-options 115200:1:1 even though this thing isn't an Icarus for your serial port. I tried the --icarus-timing long=20 (timeout in deciseconds) which should have been similar to the Antminer Cgminer --bmsc-options 115200:20 option but it incorrectly displayed my Gh/s rate. I think it was for setting Mh/s on old Icarus devices which conflicts with the --set-device antiminer:clock=x0781 setting. Either that or I hit 4 Gh/s with my --set-device antiminer:clock=x0981 (2.2) because I'm that awesome at overclocking.
Activity: 85
January 27, 2014, 12:46:43 AM
It's all explained at overclocking part of the Antminer U1 userguide, click "View Raw".
Change the resistors R1 & R2 (only R1 present at stock), add cooling and test with what frequency you can run it.
Activity: 50
January 26, 2014, 11:46:24 PM
4Ghs might be kinda extreme, I've just breached 3.0Ghs with 10k & 4.7k resistors and active cooling.
Ofcourse there are individual Ants which might run better, have only 1 in hand at the moment so can't do any comparison yet.

edit: Oh, forgot to mention - the BTC/hr value in my screenshot from bfgminer is not correct!
I wish this was that easy...  Cheesy

Could you possibly give a tutorial how to do it,my friend study's electronics so if i can guide to do it he will be able to
Activity: 85
January 26, 2014, 11:21:33 PM
4Ghs might be kinda extreme, I've just breached 3.0Ghs with 10k & 4.7k resistors and active cooling.
Ofcourse there are individual Ants which might run better, have only 1 in hand at the moment so can't do any comparison yet.

edit: Oh, forgot to mention - the BTC/hr value in my screenshot from bfgminer is not correct!
I wish this was that easy...  Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1820
Merit: 1001
January 26, 2014, 08:50:24 PM
Anyone know how to update the cgminer in he S1 Huh
January 26, 2014, 07:21:28 PM
Can someone give me a step by step guide on how to get them to 4Ghs. I have zero electronic knowledge so my friend would do it for me. So need to know step by step
Activity: 42
January 26, 2014, 07:08:27 PM
One hint I picked up earlier in this thread:  Check to make sure the screws are tight.  A small standard allen wrench is all that is needed.  Some have reported they are a bit lose and the heatsinks may not be working at 100%.

have just had it out, bolts were tight  Sad

restarted bfgminer .... back at 1.6gh/s now with 2% hardware errors ... give it 4-5 hours and i bet it slows down again  Sad Sad
Activity: 15
January 26, 2014, 07:03:54 PM
Nice! How did you get there? Details?!?
Eeehh? Just did as the Antminer user guide adviced, replaced (manually with pretty small soldering iron) the stock 1kOhm SMD resistor with 10kOhm and added second 3.9kOhm resistor parallel to first.
Stuck a bigger heatsink into it with thermal epoxy, which was leftover from my GPU tuning project.
Started bfgminer and set the hash frequency to 2.6 (miner didn't start with higher freq.) with --set-device antminer:clock=x4c81 command.

Currently have total of 3 more Ants ordered and planning to make a small 4 Ant farm, aiming for total hashing power of 12Gh...  Wink

Sweet! I had to order some resistors that are in the 1% range for that package size. Case Style:0603 [1608 Metric]. It looks like 1/10W or 100mW 50V like the other 10K 103 SMD resistor on the board. I ordered YAGEO RC0603FR-1010KL (10K) and RC0603FR-072K49L (2.49K) if anyone needs part numbers to go off of. The only other ones I saw were 1/25W 25V which probably would have been fine. The AOZ1021 is only rated to 16V. Also I'm guessing these are in spec? I'm no electronics major but I can read a diagram.
January 26, 2014, 06:46:25 PM
Anyone got any tips on serious cooling

I am inept with electronics but my mate is totally fine, and from what i gather if i get him to change a resistor and i can clock the miner up to 4 ghs.

Correct me if im wrong (which i probably am)

At the moment I have 2xAntminer running at 2Gh with zero errors, and got another 4 coming this week.

My current "cooling solution" although ghetto it works really well, (Can touch the miners and not even warm)

My cooling rig involves involves a decent desk USB Fan, and a 2ltr Coke Bottle with the top and bottom cut off, one end of the bottle the fan is sealed to the front of the fan (To avoid effecting the air intake) and the Teknet 3.0 USB hub in the other. Small whole cut in the top of the bottle so I can connect the fan to the USB hub.A picture below. I have moved it from its normal position for the photo,normally not got a kitchen sponge as a stand

What everyone think about it

legendary
Activity: 1493
Merit: 1003
January 26, 2014, 06:17:45 PM
hey,

In example with bfgminer known as AMU0 (5s avg/all time avg/effective avg):

AMU 0:       |  2.08/ 2.07/ 0.07Gh/s | A: 4 R:0+0(none) HW:0/none
AMU 1:       |  1.98/ 1.97/ 1.47Gh/s | A:50 R:0+0(none) HW:0/none

Another try:
 AMU 0:       |  2.10/ 2.07/ 0.10Gh/s | A:  0 R:0+0(none) HW:0/none
 AMU 1:       |  1.98/ 1.99/ 1.45Gh/s | A: 13 R:0+0(none) HW:0/none
 AMU 2:       |  1.98/ 1.98/ 1.48Gh/s | A: 10 R:0+0(none) HW:0/none

The 21 other units are working very well, so I guess the item is faulty  Huh

Two ideas:
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
January 26, 2014, 06:16:53 PM
Pages:
Jump to: