Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitmain AntMiner U1 Tips & Tricks - page 11. (Read 106330 times)

Activity: 50
Merit: 0
January 28, 2014, 08:55:24 PM
Can someone help me here, got 6 miners. In the bat file i have the speed set to 2GHZ (0981)

But they only seem to be doing around 1.6-1.8 had the 6 miners getting arounf 9.5-10GHS, but I was expecting 12GHZ

They are plugged into this hub http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00DCO9YVM/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 so power shouldnt be an optio, can anyone help

This is the bat

C:\Users\Windows\Desktop\Bitcoin\bfgminer-3.10.0-win32\bfgminer.exe -o stratum+tcp://uk1.ghash.io:3333 -u myname -p mypass -S antminer:all --set-device antiminer:clock=x0981 --no-opencl-binaries --no-submit-stale

Take the "--no-submit-stales" out and see how many rejects you are getting. I have a suspicion that it is your pool's fault.

You have        antiminer:clock=x0981          try       antminer:clock=x0981   (not anti)

FFS Cheers. I have been pulling my hair out and its cause a stupid spelling mistake
Activity: 322
Merit: 250
January 28, 2014, 08:48:47 PM
Okay, maybe I'm not seeing it here. I have:

Code:
C:\Users\M\Downloads\CTB\bfgminer-3.10.0-win64\bfgminer.exe -S antminer:all --set-device antminer:clock=x0981 -o
 stratum+tcp://stratum.mining.eligius.st:3334 -u "Shut up, Flanders." -p 123 --no-opencl-binaries --no-submit-stale

and it works fine on six AntMiners. Is there a way to adjust their clock speeds individually?
yes, you have to run a different instance of bfgminer for each ant at each speed. Unplug all but one miner. run a .cmd with the clock speed you want, wait til its stable, plug in the next miner, repeat until all are at their speed. no way to run them on one instance that I am aware of.

I assume that I should pull out "-S antminer:all" and that bfgminer will just use the AntMiner that isn't running?
Activity: 452
January 28, 2014, 06:50:39 PM
Is there a way to set individual clock rates in bfgminer? If so, I'm not finding it. Maybe my searches suck. Heh.

Code:
bfgminer.exe -o http://stratum.whatever.xx:3333 -O worker:pass -S antminer:all --set-device antminer:clock=x0981

Code:
C:\Users\M\Downloads\CTB\bfgminer-3.10.0-win64\bfgminer.exe -S antminer:all --set-device antminer:clock=x0981 -o
 stratum+tcp://stratum.mining.eligius.st:3334 -u "Shut up, Flanders." -p 123 --no-opencl-binaries --no-submit-stale

and it works fine on six AntMiners. Is there a way to adjust their clock speeds individually?

yes, you have to run a different instance of bfgminer for each ant at each speed. Unplug all but one miner. run a .cmd with the clock speed you want, wait til its stable, plug in the next miner, repeat until all are at their speed. no way to run them on one instance that I am aware of.
Activity: 452
January 28, 2014, 06:48:01 PM
Is there a way to set individual clock rates in bfgminer? If so, I'm not finding it. Maybe my searches suck. Heh.

Thanks!

yeah you just set the conditions in a .bat or .cmd file when you launch it. or if you are using something like multiminer to run bfgminer you add the conditions under settings advanced miner options. If you read through the posts here you will find countless examples.
January 28, 2014, 06:35:46 PM

Code:
bfgminer.exe -o http://stratum.whatever.xx:3333 -O worker:pass -S antminer:all --set-device antminer:clock=x0981

Code:

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
January 28, 2014, 05:42:18 PM
Can someone help me here, got 6 miners. In the bat file i have the speed set to 2GHZ (0981)

But they only seem to be doing around 1.6-1.8 had the 6 miners getting arounf 9.5-10GHS, but I was expecting 12GHZ

They are plugged into this hub http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00DCO9YVM/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 so power shouldnt be an optio, can anyone help

This is the bat

C:\Users\Windows\Desktop\Bitcoin\bfgminer-3.10.0-win32\bfgminer.exe -o stratum+tcp://uk1.ghash.io:3333 -u myname -p mypass -S antminer:all --set-device antiminer:clock=x0981 --no-opencl-binaries --no-submit-stale

Take the "--no-submit-stales" out and see how many rejects you are getting. I have a suspicion that it is your pool's fault.

You have        antiminer:clock=x0981          try       antminer:clock=x0981   (not anti)
Activity: 457
January 28, 2014, 05:26:34 PM

Thanks!

Code:
legendary
Activity: 1513
Merit: 1040
January 28, 2014, 05:25:50 PM
I need some help with minepeon. I plugged them in, RPi recognised all of them but they are hashing at BE speed only (~334 MH/s).
MinePeon 0.2.4.3
cgminer3.9.0
Is there further config necessary? Anyone knows how to solve that issue?
Thanks!

try the latest version  0.2.5 pr1
Tried it with bfgminer instead of cgminer and it's working now.
I did no overclocking and they are running at about 1950 each. 49 are hashing a total of 95 GH/s. How is that possible?
January 28, 2014, 04:59:01 PM

Thanks!
Activity: 252
Amateur Professional
January 28, 2014, 04:52:38 PM

This is the bat

Activity: 470
Better to have 100 friends than 100 rubles
January 28, 2014, 04:47:57 PM
Sounds like an issue with one of the libraries in your USB stack. Cross-check the versions across your installations, and update them if they are behind.

Thanks!  That makes sense!  I'll check as soon as I get home tomorrow evening.

Still, can't be too far behind.  That system was only built about 2 weeks ago.  But at least its something to check. 

Alas, that wasn't it.  Every package with "USB" in its name is the same on both systems.  Still... I appreciate the thought.

Awaiting a new hub, so can't play until it comes in.
Activity: 50
Merit: 0
January 28, 2014, 04:39:49 PM

This is the bat

January 28, 2014, 03:58:41 PM
I need some help with minepeon. I plugged them in, RPi recognised all of them but they are hashing at BE speed only (~334 MH/s).
MinePeon 0.2.4.3
cgminer3.9.0
Thanks!

try the latest version  0.2.5 pr1
legendary
Activity: 1513
Merit: 1040
January 28, 2014, 03:54:08 PM
MinePeon 0.2.4.3
cgminer3.9.0
Thanks!
Activity: 826
°^°
January 28, 2014, 12:17:56 PM
quick trick if you have only one lan port but more miners:

set one as wifi-ap and let the others connect als clients
did not even need a antenna, but u can use a paperclip

in my case have only one powerline plug in the basement

this should be in the S1 thread, not the U1 (usb sticks) thread

alternatively - you can do what i did and find a used network switch for <$20 (in my case, 48-ports for $10)
oh. what one single char can matter

i shot a 5 port switch for some euros at the bay
but the miners were here first and wanted to be run Wink
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1005
ASIC Wannabe
January 28, 2014, 11:43:40 AM

this should be in the S1 thread, not the U1 (usb sticks) thread

alternatively - you can do what i did and find a used network switch for <$20 (in my case, 48-ports for $10)
Activity: 826
°^°
January 28, 2014, 10:56:00 AM

Activity: 616
Merit: 500
January 28, 2014, 06:41:08 AM
Have you been able to overclock with minepeon? If so can you provide instructions/command that is needed

I used bfgminer as the default miner in minepeopn latest 2.5.0 pr1 pre-release, with the same parameters as shown in this thread in the settings page and it seemed to be overclocking to similar rates as in Windows.  I don't have minepeon running now, so can't quote the exact command, however I basically copied it from my win settings.

Cheers
Ran minepeon again, using bfgminer as the default miner, and this is the entry in Settings (line added just before the bfgminer command line which was already there)

--set-device antminer:clock=x0981
/usr/bin/screen -dmS miner /opt/minepeon/bin/bfgminer -S all -c /opt/minepeon/etc/miner.conf

You'll need to change the x0981 to your desired clock value as posted elsewhere in this thread.

Cheers

Did you set your clock value to the max. I'm debating should I set it to the max.
No, I did not do that on the minepeon.  I tried a higher setting (0A01) on my Win7 rig, but it just had a much higher HW error rate, with minimal benefit in hash rate.  I guess that you have to change the resistors as per the U1 manual to get any greater overclocking going without a huge increase in HW errors.

Cheers
legendary
Activity: 1493
Merit: 1003
January 28, 2014, 06:05:38 AM
hey,

I have an antminer which is running anormaly slow.
[...]
This antminer has been tested with different hubs (dlink, 49-ports...), alone, but it never reached more than 0,1Gh/s.

The 21 other units are working very well, so I guess the item is faulty  Huh
Screws are tight... and it's not getting hot at all ... Any idea?

Two ideas:
1) you are running the miner for a short period - wait at least some hours
2) that is the hash rate the pool sees - with zero shares it is quite natural the hash rate is bad and dropping!!
Please, don't run the miners for 1 minutes and complain of slowness... I see AMU 0 running at 2.10 and the other two at 1.98!!!

1) I had it run for one day, no luck. bfgminer is reporting correct (5s avg/all time avg) but "effective avg" is < 0.1ghs and it produces very low shares.
And running it on cgminer I'm getting those results:
Code:
[P]ool management [S]ettings [D]isplay options [Q]uit
 ANT  0:                | 133.3M/65.73Mh/s | A:  36 R:  0 HW: 16 WU: 0.6/m
 ANT  1:                | 1.574G/1.530Gh/s | A:1296 R:128 HW: 51 WU:20.4/m
 ANT  2:                | 1.646G/1.733Gh/s | A:1400 R:  0 HW: 54 WU:23.2/m
 ANT  3:                | 1.596G/1.837Gh/s | A:1400 R:  0 HW: 59 WU:24.6/m

2) Yes, even after running it for hours it doesn't produce more shares. I have 27 other AMU running fine, that's why I wonder what happens with this one...

Measure different voltages on the testpoints.
I'd like to know how to do that... I have a multimeter but have no clue what should I measure... I'm more in software than hardware ehe Grin

Ahh!!! now we're talking!!
Now I see a quite number of shares to compare.
Tell us one thing: have you tried to plug that one on other port?
Sometimes I have a somehow similar problem, but it vanishes after restarting my cgminer (but I'm no example since I'm on Linux and it behaves quite different).
Try hot-unpluging it (leave the others running normally) and hot-plug it on another usb.
Wait about one hour and post the results, please.
If I manage to find some time later today, I'll pick one image posted in this forum and detail you how to use the multimeter.
January 28, 2014, 05:07:46 AM
I just got one of these today and I'm having some issues getting it to work (windows 7). I followed the instructions in the manual, and when I start cgminer this is what happens: First it looks fine, see image.

Then it says that I possibly don't have the correct URL.

I do have the correct URL, port, have workers, etc. Here's my command line:

cgminer.exe --bmsc-options 115200:20 -o stratum+tcp://zet.dsync.net:3333 -u username.Miner1 -p 12345abc --bmsc-freq 0981

Has this happened to anyone else?

You need BFG 3.10.0 for antminers
Pages:
Jump to: