Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitmain AntMiner U1 Tips & Tricks - page 31. (Read 106330 times)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10
Be kind man, don't be mankind
January 08, 2014, 10:04:15 AM
Nothing goes to waste in my mining rig tangle.

bitmaintech cgminer, built as per cs2000's post on a fresh install of ubuntu desktop 32-bit, cgminer args include –bmsc-freq 0981
(–bmsc-freq A081 gave me nonce timeouts. Which is only funny in british english.)

The asus eee netbook itself is also cpumining scrypt at a hilarious 0.69 khash/s since why not, it's only running to be spare USB ports.
Activity: 57
Merit: 0
January 08, 2014, 09:38:47 AM
I believe the issue is that you git cloned the main repo.
If I am not mistaken you would have to checkout the antminer branch, but I am not sure. I was not able to clone the correct part of the git. I suppose I could just download the branch and try to compile...

Exactly. You have to clone that repository and then checkout the feature/antminer-u1-support branch. If you don't see driver-antminer.c in the folder you are not going to get AntMiner U1 support by compiling.

when I configure what option do I need? at the end of ./configure the enabled drivers does not say antminer neither does the disabled drivers say antminer.
Activity: 181
Merit: 100
January 08, 2014, 09:06:30 AM
A note, I had been running 40 antminers overclocked at 2.0 under cgminer. I finally got bfgminer to compile under linux, and recognize the ants and it seems to have kept the cgminer overclock, and they are running under bfgminer at the 2.0 overclock. Might be a temp solution until overclocking is added to bfgminer.
Activity: 28
January 08, 2014, 05:32:42 AM
I gave up on the bitmaintech branch because of some of the other changes they made to cgminer and pulled the latest ckolivas 3.9.0 repository, merged the bmsc driver and posted it to https://github.com/fractalbc/cgminer.git
This is very interesting.

Can you just clarify what you did when you "merged the bmsc driver"

The bitmain version of cgminer is terribly unstable and doesn't work with the adafruit piminer lcd scripts because of the API changes Bitmain have made so id be keen to replicate what you have done.
Activity: 42
January 08, 2014, 04:13:04 AM
To clone the antminer branch do:

Code:
git clone https://github.com/nwoolls/bfgminer/ -b feature/antminer-u1-support

Thanks a bunch! I am also new to Linux and really appreciate any hint.

Is it possible to use the overclocking "command" with the AntBFGminer branch?
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1001
January 08, 2014, 03:31:15 AM
To clone the antminer branch do:

Code:
git clone https://github.com/nwoolls/bfgminer/ -b feature/antminer-u1-support
Activity: 10
January 08, 2014, 03:19:42 AM
If I am not mistaken you would have to checkout the antminer branch, but I am not sure. I was not able to clone the correct part of the git. I suppose I could just download the branch and try to compile...

Exactly. You have to clone that repository and then checkout the feature/antminer-u1-support branch. If you don't see driver-antminer.c in the folder you are not going to get AntMiner U1 support by compiling.

Where is feature/antminer-u1-support branch located? Is a git clone url available...
I'm a not very familiar with Linux (but nice to learn it).
Activity: 840
Merit: 1002
January 08, 2014, 12:19:17 AM

Activity: 66
January 08, 2014, 12:00:07 AM
Well, I can't get zadig to replace the drivers from CP210X to WINUSB .  It keeps saying "driver installation failed".  I tried to manually install the driver, but that was way over my head.  So I fired up bfgminer, and got all(6) miners working, one at a time.  Speeds suck though, best I'm seeing is just under 1 ghs. 
Any advice on the zadig problem?  I'm using Windows 7 and the correct cgminer version.  I just can't switch to the right driver.

~D

I got them working, and since I haven't seen an answer to this yet, I'll post what I did to fix it. Don't ask me how or why, it just worked. I think it's a windows 7 problem with zadig, because I can use the same miners on my XP box.

1. Uninstalled all versions of zadig
2. Re-installed Zadig for Windows XP (http://zadig.akeo.ie/downloads/zadig_xp_v2.0.1.162.exe) not Zadig for Windows Vista or later
3. Right click Zadig > Properties>Compatibility  Check box to run in compatibility mode, and drop down box to Windows XP (Service pack 2)
4. Right click Zadig > Run as administrator

I don't know if you need to do all the steps, or if it was something altogether different I did, maybe I just got lucky, but this worked.  Got all miners running in every hole.
Activity: 192
Merit: 100
January 07, 2014, 11:33:35 PM
I gave up on the bitmaintech branch because of some of the other changes they made to cgminer and pulled the latest ckolivas 3.9.0 repository, merged the bmsc driver and posted it to https://github.com/fractalbc/cgminer.git

The result when built with "./configure --disable-opencl --enable-bmsc --enable-bitfury --enable-icarus" is

There is one intermittent timeout issue on startup when running with screen that I am still trying to track down.
Activity: 112
Be kind man, don't be mankind
January 07, 2014, 08:37:31 PM
You saved my sanity, buddy! I tried this once as per some other thread, and after a night of twarting about with linux on multiple devices and the nwools fork of bfgminer, i was ready to quit for the night. Before I tried this tweak to driver-bmsc.c

Now a hilarious 32-bit ASUS EEE netbook with 2GB of ram, 4GB of SSD and a cracked screen gets to run my ants for the night. (i need more hubs.)

Will be applying same to pi tomorrow.

MWAH <3

except... I had to
Code:
./autogen.sh 
./configure --enable-bmsc
[b]make -j 6[/b]
it a second time after editing the code in nano.

Now, its time to tackle cgminer itself.....

sudo apt-get install autoconf
git pull https://github.com/bitmaintech/cgminer
wget http://ck.kolivas.org/apps/cgminer/3.8/cgminer-3.8.5.tar.bz2
tar xvf cgminer-3.8.5.tar.bz2
mv ./cgminer-3.8.5/configure ./cgminer/configure
///This is done because the next command kept moaning that there was no configure directory, so I gave it one....\\\
./autogen.sh
This takes a long time....
./configure --enable-bmsc
This also takes a long time....
make-j

Next, is that all important file change to stop cgminer crashing as discussed on page 2 of this topic, but basically...

cd
cd cgminer
sudo nano  driver-bmsc.c
///Press ctrl+w then paste this...\\\
memcpy((char *)&nonce, nonce_bin, sizeof(nonce_bin));
///Remove that and replace with this...\\\
memcpy((char *)&nonce, nonce_bin, sizeof(nonce));
///Press ctrl+x to exit, y to save the file and then the Enter key to confirm...\\\

To test, run the following...

sudo ./cgminer/cgminer --config /home/pi/cgminer.conf --bmsc-options 115200:20

You should see CGminer start mining, if you do, press CTRL+c to exit.

Then, I launch with the following line on bootup by typing...
sudo nano /etc/rc.local
Paste the line below befpore the Exit 0 line in there...
nohup ./cgminer/cgminer --config /home/pi/cgminer.conf --bmsc-options 115200:20

This was (as im sure people realise) based heavily off of the adafruit PiMiner tutorial, but im putting it here in one single place so anyone such as me finds it easier to start mining with their Antminers.
January 07, 2014, 05:22:41 PM
Thanks.. Smiley
How to start bfgminer... Are there any flags needed?

The --enable-bfsb flag isn't needed when compiling. To run bfgminer with the AntMiner U1 driver use:

Code:
bfgminer -S antminer:all

Note it's not currently easy to mix and match them with BEs, though it can be done with the -S argument.

Sorry, I was getting confused with having to enable bmsc for the cgminer build...

Just tried building it and launching with "-S antminer:all" on my Pi and it starts up OK, but shows "NO DEVICES FOUND: Press 'M' and '+' to add"

Im getting the same errors  Undecided
driver-avalon.c is not in the bfgminer dir but in don't know if it's a must?

Activity: 57
January 07, 2014, 05:06:59 PM
Activity: 42
January 07, 2014, 04:31:03 PM
Thanks.. Smiley

The --enable-bfsb flag isn't needed when compiling. To run bfgminer with the AntMiner U1 driver use:

Code:

Note it's not currently easy to mix and match them with BEs, though it can be done with the -S argument.

Sorry, I was getting confused with having to enable bmsc for the cgminer build...

Just tried building it and launching with "-S antminer:all" on my Pi and it starts up OK, but shows "NO DEVICES FOUND: Press 'M' and '+' to add"
Activity: 840
Merit: 1002
January 07, 2014, 03:45:17 PM
Thanks.. Smiley

Code:

legendary
Activity: 4116
Merit: 7849
'The right to privacy matters'
January 07, 2014, 02:30:02 PM
Did someone overclocked   Antminer to 4 GHS already?
I purchased big heatsink+resistors, and will try to overclock them  on Friday.
Will post my results here Wink

let us know power per stick.

my 36 sticks pull 115 watts  at the psu plug minus 2 fans 7 watts = 108 watts at the psu plug that is 3 watts per stick. I figure the psi is 85 percent effifecnt  so at a 2 oc it is 2.55 watts a stick.

If you get to 3 gh you will need a 3.o usb hub since they can give .9 x 5 = 4.5 watts per stick
January 07, 2014, 02:18:30 PM
@lucazane

How to install or configure bfgminer to make it working for Antminer U1? (debian weezy)

Thanks

I would imagine something like the following should do it;

Code:
git clone https://github.com/nwoolls/bfgminer.git
cd bfgminer
./autogen.sh
./configure --enable-bfsb
make

/edit
You'll also probably need to run the below if you haven't build bfgminer before;

Code:
apt-get update
apt-get install build-essential autoconf automake libtool pkg-config libcurl4-gnutls-dev libjansson-dev uthash-dev libncursesw5-dev libudev-dev libusb-1.0-0-dev libevent-dev libmicrohttpd-dev -y

Thanks.. Smiley
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
January 07, 2014, 12:34:10 PM
Did someone overclocked   Antminer to 4 GHS already?
I purchased big heatsink+resistors, and will try to overclock them  on Friday.
Will post my results here Wink

Activity: 9
January 07, 2014, 12:09:14 PM
okay, ive created it and put cgminer.exe --bmsc-options 115200:20 -o stratum.bitcoin.cz:3333 -u MisterSpades.worker2 -p x  --bmsc-freq 0881 --  into the start.bat, but its giving me a bmsc send golden nonce  and bmsc recv nonce timeout. any suggestions?

Have you only got one plugged in when you start the batch? And have you definitely updated the driver with Zadig? (try unplugging and plugging back into the same port after you've done that)

that was exactly what i had to do, start it up without anything else plugged in. but my question now would be, am i not able to add my 333mh bes in the same hub as it? is there a special command or is there just no way i can have them in the same hub?

put them on the same hub and run bfgminer  look at my photo  a few posts above  I run both cg and bfg

if i have them on the usb hub, then cgminer gives me the nonce timeout.
legendary
Activity: 4116
Merit: 7849
'The right to privacy matters'
January 07, 2014, 11:01:32 AM
here is a shot of the ant sticks on the hub

power for the sticks with 2 fans = 100 watts

the overclock is pretty stable been running it for 19 hours it was as high as 71gh right now it drifted to 68gh  but power went from 115 watts to 100watts.

100 watts at the plug to run 68gh    = very good

2 cubes run one at 30 gh and 1 at 38 gh power = 500 watts and noisy.
Pages:
Jump to: