Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitmain AntMiner U1 Tips & Tricks - page 32. (Read 106330 times)

legendary
Activity: 4116
Merit: 7849
'The right to privacy matters'
January 07, 2014, 10:58:54 AM
okay, ive created it and put cgminer.exe --bmsc-options 115200:20 -o stratum.bitcoin.cz:3333 -u MisterSpades.worker2 -p x  --bmsc-freq 0881 --  into the start.bat, but its giving me a bmsc send golden nonce  and bmsc recv nonce timeout. any suggestions?

Have you only got one plugged in when you start the batch? And have you definitely updated the driver with Zadig? (try unplugging and plugging back into the same port after you've done that)

that was exactly what i had to do, start it up without anything else plugged in. but my question now would be, am i not able to add my 333mh bes in the same hub as it? is there a special command or is there just no way i can have them in the same hub?

put them on the same hub and run bfgminer  look at my photo  a few posts above  I run both cg and bfg
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
January 07, 2014, 10:57:41 AM
@lucazane

How to install or configure bfgminer to make it working for Antminer U1? (debian weezy)

Thanks

I would imagine something like the following should do it;

Code:
git clone https://github.com/nwoolls/bfgminer.git
cd bfgminer
./autogen.sh
./configure --enable-bfsb
make

/edit
You'll also probably need to run the below if you haven't build bfgminer before;

Code:
apt-get update
apt-get install build-essential autoconf automake libtool pkg-config libcurl4-gnutls-dev libjansson-dev uthash-dev libncursesw5-dev libudev-dev libusb-1.0-0-dev libevent-dev libmicrohttpd-dev -y
Activity: 10
January 07, 2014, 10:46:24 AM
@lucazane

How to install or configure bfgminer to make it working for Antminer U1? (debian weezy)

Thanks
Activity: 9
January 07, 2014, 10:45:57 AM
okay, ive created it and put cgminer.exe --bmsc-options 115200:20 -o stratum.bitcoin.cz:3333 -u MisterSpades.worker2 -p x  --bmsc-freq 0881 --  into the start.bat, but its giving me a bmsc send golden nonce  and bmsc recv nonce timeout. any suggestions?

Have you only got one plugged in when you start the batch? And have you definitely updated the driver with Zadig? (try unplugging and plugging back into the same port after you've done that)

that was exactly what i had to do, start it up without anything else plugged in. but my question now would be, am i not able to add my 333mh bes in the same hub as it? is there a special command or is there just no way i can have them in the same hub?
legendary
January 07, 2014, 10:45:33 AM
works a lot better with bfgminer Smiley

it just don't display the HW error

I play around with it sometime this week.
 I have 36 sticks running at 1.9-2.05 with the overclock on cgminer.

So 36 x 1.6 = 57.6 gh  vs  36 x 2 = 72  gh

So I will stay with cg as  it is getting 14 gh extra with the oc.

legendary
Activity: 1198
Merit: 1000
January 07, 2014, 10:32:59 AM
works a lot better with bfgminer Smiley

it just don't display the HW error
Activity: 1246
Merit: 501
January 07, 2014, 09:00:58 AM
nwoolls' version of bfgminer works properly with these miners.  WAY better than the botched cgminer supplied.  

Getting 17GH from 10 U1's using bfg, was only seeing 11GH with cg.

good.  I need to see if bfgminer will allow for oc. 

It doesn't at the moment from the TUI.  I haven't had a chance to try it via command line, because I'm working remotely and don't want to mess things up.  Overclocking may not be available yet, either, I don't know.  Check the bfgminer thread I guess.
Activity: 57
January 07, 2014, 08:54:46 AM
what configure options do i need to build bfgminer with antminer support?

:edit:

I don't know how to access the proper branch. The URL provided in his post doesn't clone and the main repo doesn't have the antminer driver.
Anyone got a walk through?
legendary
Activity: 1198
Merit: 1000
January 07, 2014, 08:48:56 AM
Just received 30 units today

at the usb port (stock clock) :

voltage : 4,6 V
current : 0,39-0,4 A

so power = 1.84 w per miner , not bad
legendary
January 07, 2014, 08:38:52 AM
nwoolls' version of bfgminer works properly with these miners.  WAY better than the botched cgminer supplied.  

good.  I need to see if bfgminer will allow for oc. 
January 07, 2014, 07:57:41 AM
minepeon is crashing after about 2 hours with the new cgminer from fractal. i've also checked that setting is in my boot/cmdline.txt file.
Activity: 28
January 07, 2014, 06:40:41 AM
I don't get stuck there, but the changes Bitmain have made to CGminer break something that adafruits scripts reply on. Guess we will just have to wait until the drivers are merged back into the main Git of CGminer
That could be the api change they made.  They pissed kanoi off when they changed the hashrate from MHS to GHS.  I changed it back on my branch.  Try it and see if it works with your adafruits scripts.  It did get miner.php to work properly when there were both old and new miners in the config.

It built and ran perfectly for me just now (no more fiddling around with the driver! Yay!!!), but the Adafruit display is still stuck on the IP address unfortunately...
yeah I did notice the API change over on Github when I looked at this

https://github.com/bitmaintech/cgminer/commit/bf453120ef7a6a2e9dbe4f0da5f3136c8aaf0cb6

Tried undoing the changes and recompiling but that gavce an error. Im now almost 100% sure that the changes made here have broken the piminer's lcd api as what im seeing on my screen is "MHS av" which is part of the line they removed (line 2111).

Any ideas if I could take the same file from the official version of Cgminer and compile correctly with that?
Activity: 1246
Merit: 501
January 07, 2014, 06:06:56 AM

January 07, 2014, 06:01:32 AM
Has anybody managed to get their RPI setup working with the Adafruit 16x2 LCD + Piminer python script?...

I've run a sample python script for the LCD and the display and all buttons are working perfectly (which is surprising considering I hadn't soldered anything for a decade before today!), but when I launch "python PiMiner.py &", the display comes on and just sticks on displaying the RPI's IP address... Occasionally after stopping and starting cgminer the display will change to "connecting to cgminer...", but it then just sticks on that indefinitely... None of the buttons respond when it's stuck on the IP address or "connecting" screens.

The default port is definitely listening;

root@RASPBIAN:~# netstat -l
Active Internet connections (only servers)
Proto Recv-Q Send-Q Local Address           Foreign Address         State
tcp        0      0 *:ssh                   *:*                     LISTEN
tcp        0      0 *:4028                  *:*                     LISTEN

The following lines are in my .conf file;
"api-listen" : true,
"api-mcast-port" : "4028",
"api-port" : "4028",
"api-allow" : "0/0"
Did that ever work for you?  I "could" read that as saying "listen on port 4028 but don't allow anyone to talk to me".  My .conf has the following:

Code:
"api-listen" : true,
"api-mcast-port" : "4028",
"api-network" : true,
"api-port" : "4028",

I needed the "api-network" before mine would work.

I was pretty much just going with whatever they suggested on the Adafruit article - http://learn.adafruit.com/piminer-raspberry-pi-bitcoin-miner/configure-settings
I've just tried it without api-allow and with api-network enabled, but no change  Sad (same thing with the bitmaintech and your own version of cgminer)
January 07, 2014, 05:32:45 AM
okay, ive created it and put cgminer.exe --bmsc-options 115200:20 -o stratum.bitcoin.cz:3333 -u MisterSpades.worker2 -p x  --bmsc-freq 0881 --  into the start.bat, but its giving me a bmsc send golden nonce  and bmsc recv nonce timeout. any suggestions?

January 07, 2014, 03:53:16 AM
for those who are curious I am running 12 on a 20 port hub using minepeon on the RPI.
built cgminer from fractalbc git repo (page 9).
all running at around 2GHs.
January 07, 2014, 03:30:44 AM
January 07, 2014, 02:50:29 AM
im having issues on a few things. got my u1 to detect, but cant get it above 1gh. using the modded cgminer, using windows 8.1, on an anker usb 9port. im at wits end trying to figure this out on whats wrong. any help would be greatly appreciated

yeah did you use a .bat  file? with this in it

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.4272492   I had the 1/2 rate problem

the fix was here

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.4279482

i looked at these, my issue is im still learning a bit and i created a start.bat file, but it hasnt done a thing. i must be missing out on something.
legendary
January 07, 2014, 02:11:11 AM
im having issues on a few things. got my u1 to detect, but cant get it above 1gh. using the modded cgminer, using windows 8.1, on an anker usb 9port. im at wits end trying to figure this out on whats wrong. any help would be greatly appreciated

yeah did you use a .bat  file? with this in it

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.4272492   I had the 1/2 rate problem

the fix was here

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.4279482
January 07, 2014, 01:59:42 AM
Pages:
Jump to: