Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitmain Antminer X3 -- 220KH+ Cryponight - 550W - page 19. (Read 18877 times)

Activity: 148
Merit: 0
There is one firmware file at Bitmains download page for the X3. Is it the release version? How do we compare installed firmware version and download file version?

You have to compare the File System version on the miner Overview page with the filename of the tar.gz file.

https://i.imgur.com/kOnJMnP.jpg

The most recent firmware for X3 on Bitmain right now is Antminer-X3-201804122017.tar.gz

Mine says 4-11, how is it updated?
Activity: 306
Merit: 7
Thanks guys!! So there was an updste. But no changelog...
Activity: 420
Merit: 13
There is one firmware file at Bitmains download page for the X3. Is it the release version? How do we compare installed firmware version and download file version?

You have to compare the File System version on the miner Overview page with the filename of the tar.gz file.

The most recent firmware for X3 on Bitmain right now is Antminer-X3-201804122017.tar.gz

to see IF it's the latest in future you can as well compare the release dates:
Antminer-X3-201804122017.tar.gz = 2018 04 12, means this update is from the 12th April 2018
Activity: 350
Merit: 13

Activity: 306
Merit: 7
Activity: 434
Merit: 52
Lots of pools to choose from. Getting 1591 etn  270 Kh/s. (at fairhash)

I'm overclocked    to 475hz. Temps near 54/53 C.

Gotta keep it going until Fork time.

Overclocking is tempting but I'm too afraid I might mess something up or hurt the longevity of the machine if i want to host it in a facility long term.

That's totally valid, but considering the length of Bitmain's warranties and the speed in drop in profitability of the past couple miners they've sold (D3, A3), there's not a huge risk if you're careful. Not promoting or even necessarily condoning overclocking, but I do it. I have my L3+ overclocked for 6 months with no problems, the A3 for the two months it was worth bothering running it, and have my X3 overclocked as well. Just make sure your temps are good and your HW errors are low if you try it.

Think of it this way: if profitability the first 2 months is 5-6x that of later (using the A3 as an example), overclocking for a 30% bump is totally worth the risk if you can get those results for that whole period, even if it dies say 4 months in. Using the S9 as an example, it would probably have been very profitable to overclock it on arrival, but that machine was profitable for a very long time, so if it did kill it within 3-4 months, you might have ended up losing money. It's all about the risk/reward.

Also killing your machine limits resale to parts only, but I don't think that's as huge a loss with the current era of ASICs.

Agreed, I'm a bit conservative in the Oclocking. 475hz  getting 270-280 Kh/s. Some on youtube have Oclocked to 320 Kh/s. Only one bank had 8HW, temps are arounf 53-55 C

I have mine at around 320, though I am averaging between 290-310 on fairhash. Freq 550 if you're interested. All my temps are below 60 and I average around maybe 6 HW/day.

Overclocking is tempting but I'm too afraid I might mess something up or hurt the longevity of the machine if i want to host it in a facility long term.

That's totally valid, but considering the length of Bitmain's warranties and the speed in drop in profitability of the past couple miners they've sold (D3, A3), there's not a huge risk if you're careful. Not promoting or even necessarily condoning overclocking, but I do it. I have my L3+ overclocked for 6 months with no problems, the A3 for the two months it was worth bothering running it, and have my X3 overclocked as well. Just make sure your temps are good and your HW errors are low if you try it.

Think of it this way: if profitability the first 2 months is 5-6x that of later (using the A3 as an example), overclocking for a 30% bump is totally worth the risk if you can get those results for that whole period, even if it dies say 4 months in. Using the S9 as an example, it would probably have been very profitable to overclock it on arrival, but that machine was profitable for a very long time, so if it did kill it within 3-4 months, you might have ended up losing money. It's all about the risk/reward.

Also killing your machine limits resale to parts only, but I don't think that's as huge a loss with the current era of ASICs.

Agreed, I'm a bit conservative in the Oclocking. 475hz  getting 270-280 Kh/s. Some on youtube have Oclocked to 320 Kh/s. Only one bank had 8HW, temps are arounf 53-55 C
Activity: 434
Merit: 52

Activity: 846
Merit: 115

Activity: 895
Merit: 504
ETN 1449 @ 270 Kh/s = $33.00 with ETN @ .023 NOT $21.00
Which pool you could get 1440ETN? Tried Mining pool hub max 1100 ETN/day..

Fairhash.org. Running overclocked @ 475  hash ave. is 276 Kh/s

What is fairhash's payout schedule? I couldn't find any information on the website.

Every 200ETN

Thanks, I see a deposit of 214 ETN to my cryptopia account. I was skeptical since it has the same interface as bytecoin-pool.org which didn't pay my 1200+ BCN mined 5 days ago.
Activity: 31

What is fairhash's payout schedule? I couldn't find any information on the website.

Every 200ETN
Activity: 895
Merit: 504

Activity: 10
Merit: 1
Activity: 462
Merit: 118
Update

There are only four coins not forking.  Profits $5-20

Bytecoin (BCN) $19.45/day
DigitalNote (XDN) $4.65/day
Monero Classic (XMC)
Monero Original (XMO)
Dinastycoin (DCY) $13.75/day - forking
Electroneum (ETN) $21.00/day - forking
Karbo (KRB) $21.20/day - forking

Problem is the non-forked coins will bear the full hashrate of the remaining asics. So, difficulty will go up.
Activity: 154
Merit: 1
Update

There are only four coins not forking.  Profits $5-20

Bytecoin (BCN) $19.45/day
DigitalNote (XDN) $4.65/day
Monero Classic (XMC)
Monero Original (XMO)
Dinastycoin (DCY) $13.75/day - forking
Electroneum (ETN) $21.00/day - forking
Karbo (KRB) $21.20/day - forking
Hey Doorstopper Team! How is your space heater doing?

Laughing all the way to the bank, $30.00 a day for just plugging it in. Free heat too.

24 solar panels on my roof=ZERO electricity bill.

bitmain is out of stock on the X3 again.
I'm willing to sell mine for $5000 firm with power supply shipped the next day, for anyone that is interested, Feel free to PM me.  Looking for an offer that I can't refuse.

Wow, looks like those 895.00 ebay prices are about to go up.
legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1014
ex uno plures
One day we Humans will wise up to the scam that is money.

so optimistic. great quote though !
Pages:
Jump to: