Pages:
Author

Topic: BITMAIN AntRouter R1: 1st wireless networking device with bitcoin mining chip - page 24. (Read 77458 times)

legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006
Still getting some resets with 1 U3.  But less than 3 U3's.   So odd that it does seem to reset.

The interesting thing is there still appears to be not near as many of these online from antrouter page as I thought there would considering they sold out:
During the last 100 days in 126 valid miners.

your resets are probably due to high difficulty and timing out.
set the cgminer-monitor to run every 5 minutes instead of 3.

also i bet a good amount are on different pools..
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000
Still getting some resets with 1 U3.  But less than 3 U3's.   So odd that it does seem to reset.

The interesting thing is there still appears to be not near as many of these online from antrouter page as I thought there would considering they sold out:
During the last 100 days in 126 valid miners.
legendary
hmm nope, doesnt look like the echo goes to the syslog..

So where does it go?  Smiley / can we make it go to the syslog? Also what do you make of

Sun Oct 25 16:33:04 2015 daemon.err udevd[3572]: error: runtime directory '/run/udev' not writable, for now falling back to '/dev/.udev'

Or is this spurious?

Rich

yeah i can show you.. check your pm i made a irc chat.
Activity: 588
Merit: 500

So where does it go?  Smiley / can we make it go to the syslog? Also what do you make of

Sun Oct 25 16:33:04 2015 daemon.err udevd[3572]: error: runtime directory '/run/udev' not writable, for now falling back to '/dev/.udev'

Or is this spurious?

Rich
legendary
OK I have just had a stop and a restart, here are the last lines from the System Log.

Code:
Sun Oct 25 16:28:01 2015 cron.info crond[841]: crond: USER root pid 3153 cmd /usr/bin/cgminer-monitor
Sun Oct 25 16:29:01 2015 cron.info crond[841]: crond: USER root pid 3178 cmd /usr/bin/cgminer-monitor
Sun Oct 25 16:30:01 2015 cron.info crond[841]: crond: USER root pid 3202 cmd /usr/bin/cgminer-monitor
Sun Oct 25 16:31:01 2015 cron.info crond[841]: crond: USER root pid 3375 cmd /usr/bin/cgminer-monitor
Sun Oct 25 16:32:01 2015 cron.info crond[841]: crond: USER root pid 3515 cmd /usr/bin/cgminer-monitor
Sun Oct 25 16:33:01 2015 cron.info crond[841]: crond: USER root pid 3543 cmd /usr/bin/cgminer-monitor
Sun Oct 25 16:33:04 2015 daemon.err udevd[3573]: specified group 'tty' unknown
Sun Oct 25 16:33:04 2015 daemon.err udevd[3573]: specified group 'dialout' unknown
Sun Oct 25 16:33:04 2015 daemon.err udevd[3573]: specified group 'kmem' unknown
Sun Oct 25 16:33:04 2015 daemon.err udevd[3573]: specified group 'video' unknown
Sun Oct 25 16:33:04 2015 daemon.err udevd[3573]: specified group 'lp' unknown
Sun Oct 25 16:33:04 2015 daemon.err udevd[3573]: specified group 'disk' unknown
Sun Oct 25 16:33:04 2015 daemon.err udevd[3573]: specified group 'floppy' unknown
Sun Oct 25 16:33:04 2015 daemon.err udevd[3573]: specified group 'cdrom' unknown
Sun Oct 25 16:33:04 2015 daemon.err udevd[3573]: specified group 'tape' unknown
Sun Oct 25 16:33:04 2015 daemon.info kernel: [ 1073.770000] udevd[3573]: starting version 173

So you can see it checking every minute, what do you make of the error before the restart, any clue as to why it stopped?

Rich

OK I have just had a stop and a restart, here are the last lines from the System Log.

Code:
Sun Oct 25 16:28:01 2015 cron.info crond[841]: crond: USER root pid 3153 cmd /usr/bin/cgminer-monitor
Sun Oct 25 16:29:01 2015 cron.info crond[841]: crond: USER root pid 3178 cmd /usr/bin/cgminer-monitor
Sun Oct 25 16:30:01 2015 cron.info crond[841]: crond: USER root pid 3202 cmd /usr/bin/cgminer-monitor
Sun Oct 25 16:31:01 2015 cron.info crond[841]: crond: USER root pid 3375 cmd /usr/bin/cgminer-monitor
Sun Oct 25 16:32:01 2015 cron.info crond[841]: crond: USER root pid 3515 cmd /usr/bin/cgminer-monitor
Sun Oct 25 16:33:01 2015 cron.info crond[841]: crond: USER root pid 3543 cmd /usr/bin/cgminer-monitor
Sun Oct 25 16:33:04 2015 daemon.err udevd[3573]: specified group 'tty' unknown
Sun Oct 25 16:33:04 2015 daemon.err udevd[3573]: specified group 'dialout' unknown
Sun Oct 25 16:33:04 2015 daemon.err udevd[3573]: specified group 'kmem' unknown
Sun Oct 25 16:33:04 2015 daemon.err udevd[3573]: specified group 'video' unknown
Sun Oct 25 16:33:04 2015 daemon.err udevd[3573]: specified group 'lp' unknown
Sun Oct 25 16:33:04 2015 daemon.err udevd[3573]: specified group 'disk' unknown
Sun Oct 25 16:33:04 2015 daemon.err udevd[3573]: specified group 'floppy' unknown
Sun Oct 25 16:33:04 2015 daemon.err udevd[3573]: specified group 'cdrom' unknown
Sun Oct 25 16:33:04 2015 daemon.err udevd[3573]: specified group 'tape' unknown
Sun Oct 25 16:33:04 2015 daemon.info kernel: [ 1073.770000] udevd[3573]: starting version 173

So you can see it checking every minute, what do you make of the error before the restart, any clue as to why it stopped?

Rich
legendary

in the UI its under SYSTEM
change the /3 to /1

I must be be very thick this Morning, the clocks have just changed in the UK and we are back on GMT...

I am SSH in and am looking ate the directories but "in the UI its under SYSTEM" is not meaning anything to me. What is the path?

Unfortunately mine has just stooped again and after `10 Mins has not restarted so there must be another issue? However if I just reselect the frequency and save & Apply it restarts fine?

Thanks Rich

this is the easiest way to change it.

but the actual file is in /etc/crontabs/root

Thanks I have made the change & have another question?

If I look in the Cron Job there seem to be a number of instances looked for and then a message is echo'd

echo "Case C"

Is there a way to monitor these messages? (Please spell it out simply)

My R1 sometimes restarts and sometimes does not so would be good to see the messages?

Rich

if it just restarted cgminer from cron it would say in the system log.. but if the whole r1 rebooted it wouldnt show up in any logs.

looking at that script, case c and e are for if you didnt have internet and it came online.. (probably for when you first plug it in, cgminer hangs out until the network comes online)
case b is last known work.. so if you for some reason dont submit a share since the last time the script was ran it will restart cgminer ( this is prob why you want to keep it at 3 minutes, this also may be your problem.. if the worker difficulty is too high it might run the script and see no new shares) and case d is workers.. if there is less then 1 it restarts cgminer

nothing in that script will reboot the whole r1.. just restart cgminer..

you could just stop that script by temporarily putting a # in front of the line and seeing if cgminer doesnt restart.

change the /3 to /1

I must be be very thick this Morning, the clocks have just changed in the UK and we are back on GMT...

I am SSH in and am looking ate the directories but "in the UI its under SYSTEM" is not meaning anything to me. What is the path?

Unfortunately mine has just stooped again and after `10 Mins has not restarted so there must be another issue? However if I just reselect the frequency and save & Apply it restarts fine?

Thanks Rich

Thanks I have made the change & have another question?

If I look in the Cron Job there seem to be a number of instances looked for and then a message is echo'd

echo "Case C"

My R1 sometimes restarts and sometimes does not so would be good to see the messages?

Rich
legendary
Somebody with an R1 should check to see if  /usr/bin/cgminer-monitor is a real program, or just some kind of script. If it's a script, it might provide some useful guidance to folks with U3's on how to "work around" the zombie issue. While they might still go zombie, maybe the "hand holding" could be reduced.
i just checked this script and all it does for the cgminer-u3 is stop it if it cant reach the internet..
it wont do anything for zero hash or zombie condition..

it does stop and restart the internal chip if it doesnt send a share in x amount of time.. it woudlnt be hard to make a new script to do the same for the u3.
legendary

change the /3 to /1

Thanks Rich

change the /3 to /1

OK found this one /etc/crontabs/root

Thanks Rich

A supplementary question?

echo "Case C"

Rich

legendary
its just shell or sh or bash.

It's easy when you know  Smiley I will go have a read..

So in this example what is it / where is the code that makes it rum every 3 Minutes?

Rich

its this
*/3 *  *   *   *     /usr/bin/cgminer-monitor

in scheduled tasks

its called a cron job.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cron

OK understood, which directory are the scheduled tasks in. I fancy changing this one to be every minute?

Rich
change the /3 to /1

It's easy when you know  Smiley I will go have a read..

So in this example what is it / where is the code that makes it rum every 3 Minutes?

Rich

its this
*/3 *  *   *   *     /usr/bin/cgminer-monitor

in scheduled tasks

its called a cron job.

OK understood, which directory are the scheduled tasks in. I fancy changing this one to be every minute?

Rich
legendary

Rich

its this
*/3 *  *   *   *     /usr/bin/cgminer-monitor

in scheduled tasks

its called a cron job.

Rich
legendary
Somebody with an R1 should check to see if  /usr/bin/cgminer-monitor is a real program, or just some kind of script. If it's a script, it might provide some useful guidance to folks with U3's on how to "work around" the zombie issue. While they might still go zombie, maybe the "hand holding" could be reduced.

Her it is

Code:
#!/bin/sh
# This file is for cron job

# This if for make sure the start cgminer when there is network problem
set -x
date
cpuinfo=`top -bn 1 | grep hostapd | grep -v "grep" | awk '{print $7}'| tr -d '%'`
echo $cpuifo

if [ "$cpuinfo" -gt "80" ]; then
    wifi down
    wifi up
fi
C=`pidof cgminer | wc -w`
if [ "$C" != "1" ]; then
    echo "Case C"
    killall -s 9 cgminer
    sleep 1
    /etc/init.d/cgminer restart
    exit 0;
fi
E=`pidof cgminer-u3 | wc -w`
if [ "$E" != "1" ]; then
    echo "Case E"
    killall -s 9 cgminer-u3
    sleep 1
    /etc/init.d/cgminer-u3 restart
    exit 0;
fi

A=`cat /tmp/cm.log`
B=`cgminer-api devs | grep "^   \[Last Valid Work\]"`
echo "$B" > /tmp/cm.log
if [ "$B" != "" -a "$A" == "$B" ]; then
    echo "Case B"
    killall -s 9 cgminer
    sleep 1
    exit 0;
fi

D=`cgminer-api stats | grep "^   \[miner_count\]"`
if [ "$D" == "" ]; then
echo "Case D"
killall -s 9 cgminer
sleep 1
exit 0;
fi

I am also seeing stops without U3 connected. Timing of them is a bit random but I feel the higher I have the Hash rate the more frequent they are?

I need to look into / understand better these little programs? Software not my thing..... Can someone tell me what this "language" is and point me to an online guide?

Rich

Rich

Her it is

Code:
#!/bin/sh
# This file is for cron job

# This if for make sure the start cgminer when there is network problem
set -x
date
cpuinfo=`top -bn 1 | grep hostapd | grep -v "grep" | awk '{print $7}'| tr -d '%'`
echo $cpuifo

if [ "$cpuinfo" -gt "80" ]; then
    wifi down
    wifi up
fi
C=`pidof cgminer | wc -w`
if [ "$C" != "1" ]; then
    echo "Case C"
    killall -s 9 cgminer
    sleep 1
    exit 0;
fi
E=`pidof cgminer-u3 | wc -w`
if [ "$E" != "1" ]; then
    echo "Case E"
    killall -s 9 cgminer-u3
    sleep 1
    /etc/init.d/cgminer-u3 restart
    exit 0;
fi

A=`cat /tmp/cm.log`
B=`cgminer-api devs | grep "^   \[Last Valid Work\]"`
echo "$B" > /tmp/cm.log
if [ "$B" != "" -a "$A" == "$B" ]; then
    echo "Case B"
    killall -s 9 cgminer
    sleep 1
    exit 0;
fi

D=`cgminer-api stats | grep "^   \[miner_count\]"`
if [ "$D" == "" ]; then
echo "Case D"
killall -s 9 cgminer
sleep 1
exit 0;
fi

I am also seeing stops without U3 connected. Timing of them is a bit random but I feel the higher I have the Hash rate the more frequent they are?

I need to look into / understand better these little programs? Software not my thing..... Can someone tell me what this "language" is and point me to an online guide?

Rich

Rich
alh
legendary
Activity: 1843
Merit: 1050
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080
---- winter*juvia -----
thanks notlist3d - finally i have some use for those U3s.

legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000
Hi Guys,

Will the U3 work in a normal 4 port USB Hub (unpowered) ?

TMT

Yes it will.  I have used a "cheap" 4 port from amazon and had no issues's with it.  I have used it more then the powered one with it. 

I still really need to do some testing with powered one now that I know I can run 1 U3 with no resting. Which it did recover from quickly so was not a issue really.
Pages:
Jump to: