Pages:
Author

Topic: BITMAIN AntRouter R1: 1st wireless networking device with bitcoin mining chip - page 26. (Read 77458 times)

Activity: 588
Merit: 500
I have connected up a fan and have been pushing up the frequency Today.  Smiley

Have now got up to 225MHz giving 12.375GH/s using a setting of "2:225:0882"

This as high as you can go with the Core voltage at it's standard setting of 0.61V. Actually this is better than I expected as the data sheet calls for about 0.67V. At this point I am seeing a few too many HW errors and at 250MHz there are a lot of errors. I will fit a pot Tomorrow, adjust the voltage up a little and push on up.

This is BTW with an external 5V PSU as I suspect the built in one would have run out of steam by now?

Rich
I have the R1 on the bench and have now connected a 5V supply, one shock from the mains was enough...

I have stuck on a couple of the Mini heatsinks front & back and the temperature seems to be fine. The Core Voltage is 0.61V and is set right at the bottom limit possible from the TPS53355 Buck Coveter. In fact they have coupled the output directly into the VFB input with no resistor to ground.

0.61V should be good for 125MHz perhaps 150MHz but would expect to then be seeing some HW errors, however I suspect you will also need some additional cooling and I do not know how much current the rest of the PSU is good for?

I have been running for an Hour at 125MHz (6.9GH/s) and everything seems fine but chip temperature with just the mini heatsink is now at 50 Deg C, time for a fan.

Rich

OK brilliant it all works. Now what would be nice.  Smiley

Would be as you have it but a way of retaining the original Antrouter Solo Login as a pool plus your two and then a means of selecting the pool order from the screen?

I have to say for all the S Series Miners a way of changing the pool order from the Config screen would be great. I am constantly cutting and pasting the order.

Many Thanks

Rich
legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006
Something like this maybe?

option pool1pw 'x'
   option pool1url 'stratum+tcp://stratum.mining.eligius.st:3334'
   option pool1user 'BTC-ADDY'

yeah its setup like this

pool1url = conf:taboption("default", Value, "pool1url", translate("Pool 1"))
pool1user = conf:taboption("default", Value,"pool1user", translate("Pool1 worker"))
pool1pw = conf:taboption("default", Value,"pool1pw", translate("Pool1 password"))
conf:taboption("default", DummyValue, "", translate(""))
pool2url = conf:taboption("default", Value, "pool2url", translate("Pool 2"))
pool2user = conf:taboption("default", Value, "pool2user", translate("Pool2 worker"))
pool2pw = conf:taboption("default", Value, "pool2pw", translate("Pool2 password"))
conf:taboption("default", DummyValue, "", translate(""))

then just make the value in a form you can edit.

but what i did was lock the pools to cksolo and nicehash solo and just made it so your bitcoin address goes in the box.. pretty easy.
ldp
Activity: 11
Merit: 0
Something like this maybe?

option pool1pw 'x'
   option pool1url 'stratum+tcp://stratum.mining.eligius.st:3334'
   option pool1user 'BTC-ADDY'
legendary
Try :

/etc/config/cgminer  Smiley

the main problem is no password in the sh file.. plus your username will be R1:0:2:btcaddress_mac
and cksolo wont accept that Sad

i can make a pools tab if anyone wants but in reality there are only 2 solo pools id use.. cksolo and nicehash solo.
ldp
Try :

/etc/config/cgminer  Smiley
legendary
OK I guess there is more than one way of doing this as your approach seems quite different to what I had read. Smiley

I will give it a go. Got to say I look forward to one Day having a proper user interface.

Rich

here using winscp
goes

/etc/init.d/

make sure its marked 0755

http://www.mediafire.com/download/q5ggjpxktobpict/cgminer

this cgminer has cksolo default with nicehash solo as backup.

OK I guess there is more than one way of doing this as your approach seems quite different to what I had read. Smiley

I will give it a go. Got to say I look forward to one Day having a proper user interface.

Rich
legendary
OK I have read what others have done but can't get it mining on another pool. I think these are the key lines in /etc/init.d/cgminer

Code:
	local _pool1url=antrouter.antpool.com:3333
local _pool1user

local _pool2url=antrouter.antpool.com:443
local _pool3url=vip.antrouter.antpool.com:443

So I am changing first line to the new Pool address

Code:
	_pool1user=":R1:${version}:${paytype}:"${_pooluser}"_"${_mac}

and I am commenting out this line

Then I am putting my worker ID in the Bitmain User ID box on the Miner Tab

Rebooting and.... it's not working.

Where am I going wrong?

Rich

ill show you.

local _pool1url=stratum+tcp://solo.ckpool.org:3333
   local _pool1user

local _pool2url=stratum+tcp://stratum.solo.nicehash.com:3334
#      local _pool3url=

just comment out pool3url.

then make this line to this
        _pool1user=${_pooluser}"."antRouter

then add the password to these lines
   POOL1="-o $_pool1url -u $_pool1user -p x"
        POOL2="-o $_pool2url -u $_pool1user -p x"

then this line take out pool3 and add --suggest-diff and change queue to 1

PARAMS="$AOPTIONS $POOL1 $POOL2 --api-listen --api-network --version-file /usr/bin/compile_time --queue 1 --suggest-diff 16"

now just put your bitcoin address in the box in the r1 page.
OK I have read what others have done but can't get it mining on another pool. I think these are the key lines in /etc/init.d/cgminer

Code:
	local _pool1url=antrouter.antpool.com:3333
local _pool1user

local _pool2url=antrouter.antpool.com:443
local _pool3url=vip.antrouter.antpool.com:443

So I am changing first line to the new Pool address

Code:
	_pool1user=":R1:${version}:${paytype}:"${_pooluser}"_"${_mac}

and I am commenting out this line

Then I am putting my worker ID in the Bitmain User ID box on the Miner Tab

Rebooting and.... it's not working.

Where am I going wrong?

Rich

legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000
i bought sidehacks compac sticks for batch 2.
i will be working on porting cgminer-gekko but he said they should already work.
Should be possible to port mainline cgminer to it so that it can run all types of USB miners.

This item has a TON of potential on modding.  We are just starting to see the first ones.  It will be a interesting ride on the modding.

I predict we see a cgminer for others usb modules. We have seen ports on other bitmain miners where they update cgminer.  So there is already history of this happening, so should be very doable.  I think modding will be part of the fun with these R1's.    We kinda owe bitmain for not locking down any device, and we can void warranty on these things for not a huge risk.

So another Day in the Life of the R1 Community. It's interesting to see the number connected, 112 at the moment, and still There are 0 miners dug 0 bitcoins  Smiley

Yes Modding is the big draw for me. OpenWRT has so much support that things can happen very quickly. As well as supporting other USB Miners, given that it supports a single BM1384 I wonder for instance if it could be used as a Controller for an S5 Hash Board?

Although it has been written off by many as a useless Toy I think that a few generations down the line this could be looked back on as being a breakthrough device. Let's hope the concept takes off and they follow up with an R2 with the BM1385 Chip.

Rich
I didn't think about the possibility of this being able to be a controller, maybe they will make that a standard option in future miners.

I got my R3 today (thanks CrazyGuy!).  But so far it's really fun to play with.   

It seems to be a good controller for U3's.  I have 3 hooked up to it right now no issues.  I will test it and see how it goes.  So far I'm very happy with it.
i will be working on porting cgminer-gekko but he said they should already work.
Should be possible to port mainline cgminer to it so that it can run all types of USB miners.

This item has a TON of potential on modding.  We are just starting to see the first ones.  It will be a interesting ride on the modding.

I predict we see a cgminer for others usb modules. We have seen ports on other bitmain miners where they update cgminer.  So there is already history of this happening, so should be very doable.  I think modding will be part of the fun with these R1's.    We kinda owe bitmain for not locking down any device, and we can void warranty on these things for not a huge risk.

So another Day in the Life of the R1 Community. It's interesting to see the number connected, 112 at the moment, and still There are 0 miners dug 0 bitcoins  Smiley

Yes Modding is the big draw for me. OpenWRT has so much support that things can happen very quickly. As well as supporting other USB Miners, given that it supports a single BM1384 I wonder for instance if it could be used as a Controller for an S5 Hash Board?

Although it has been written off by many as a useless Toy I think that a few generations down the line this could be looked back on as being a breakthrough device. Let's hope the concept takes off and they follow up with an R2 with the BM1385 Chip.

Rich
ldp
Leaving aside the BM1384 Bitcoin ASIC, is there anything that makes the R1 superior to most other Wifi bridge device, such as:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004UAKCS6?keywords=iogear%20wifi%20bridge&qid=1445405932&ref_=sr_1_1&sr=8-1

The Antrouter R1 runs OpenWrt Is that Superiority not Blatantly Obvious ?
alh
legendary
Activity: 1843
Merit: 1050
Leaving aside the BM1384 Bitcoin ASIC, is there anything that makes the R1 superior to most other Wifi bridge device, such as:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004UAKCS6?keywords=iogear%20wifi%20bridge&qid=1445405932&ref_=sr_1_1&sr=8-1
Activity: 261
Merit: 257
Cross-compiling from another system may be the easiest solution. I had a bit of trouble getting a usb storage device to mount and gave up for the night on building from the device. If you do want to go for it, I suggest using the correct package source.
Easiest way is to just use OpenWRT buildroot for cross-compiles.
legendary
Activity: 1973
Merit: 1007

Cross-compiling from another system may be the easiest solution. I had a bit of trouble getting a usb storage device to mount and gave up for the night on building from the device. If you do want to go for it, I suggest using the correct package source.

Here's my current opkg config file for reference

Code:
src/gz barrier_breaker http://downloads.openwrt.org/barrier_breaker/14.07/ar71xx/generic/packages/packages/
src/gz barrier_breaker_base http://downloads.openwrt.org/barrier_breaker/14.07/ar71xx/generic/packages/base/
dest root /
dest ram /tmp
lists_dir ext /var/opkg-lists
option overlay_root /overlay
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

Activity: 261
Merit: 257
legendary

It'll be cool when someone solves a block with it.  Nice that the dashboard includes..."There are 0 miners dug 0 bitcoins".  So we'll know if someone wins the lottery.

It would be cool if someone solved a block with one.  The chances of solving a block at today's difficulty with only 5GH is essentially 0, however, so don't hold your breath!  And the difficulty is only going up from here...

Still, looks like another fun toy to tinker with.  I'll probably buy one.

I think they will get a good amount of sales as a neat fun toy.   On ROI does not make a ton of sense on it's own.  If you use as a U3 controller it makes a good argument of saving money if you were using a PC.

So the U3 controller I actually see as one of it's biggest features.  I think it will help sell some U3's aswell.

maybe if they turn the minimum amount down to 1.
unfortunately at 20 i dont see many people buying them. they will get them 2nd hand.

Or from reselllers.  I got mine from crazyguy.  He is a great guy and a reseller so I was able to get a few and not order near that 20 order.  

I suggest if your looking for a  U3 take a look at his store.   I agree from bitmain on 20 units of U3's is to many. (I get no kickback from this, I just think he has treated me so good I feel safe sending others to him)

Pages:
Jump to: