Pages:
Author

Topic: BITMAIN's BM1380 chip is open for ordering. 10,000 chips for 99.9BTC, 3.6BTC/TH - page 3. (Read 19651 times)

legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1000
Hmm

awfull pricing comparing my project

the wafer cost is 3k,with aprox 3k chips so their cost price is aprox 10k

and noone is interested in participating in my 65 nm at cost price

crazy folks

Because it is not open source dude. your business model is not much different than Asic one.
You get the technology with  our money invested we eventually get good praise from today point's of view and we are going probably to loose our investments from tomorrow point of view

who said it s not opensource?

i ve uploaded all the needed files for the pcb and else
Yeah like avalon competition for Open source PCB I can get the pcb and have the schematics. What i want to have is the PIC software. Have you seen a single participant who uploaded his software in competition - NO i gues same as me. The open source is Klondike project only and nothing else from my point of view.  - Speaking of The ASIC excuse my competence BUT what i mean like open source is you to publish all asic Related Files which are needed for us so that no matter how stupid we are when we go to Fabric and say for instance i wanna have this chip they to be able to produce it. Did you understand what i am up to. But you stated that this aint gona happen if I remember correctly right?

So you  think he is going to give you access to gds and the mask?

hmm
please confirm with them as i would be interested also if this is the case

No he want of course but the difference is
1. He invested own money or at least not collected from community
2. He does not claim that he is open source he is here for the businesses. No doubt about that
3. The magic word open source means nothing anymore

Can I ask you if you claim to be open why you are not giving your mask and GDS and mask to the community
I know do not answer it is NDA shit or you paid cheaper to cut the costs or million reasons which has nothing to do with opensource and most probably is a bulshit
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
Hmm

crazy folks

Because it is not open source dude. your business model is not much different than Asic one.
You get the technology with  our money invested we eventually get good praise from today point's of view and we are going probably to loose our investments from tomorrow point of view

Yeah like avalon competition for Open source PCB I can get the pcb and have the schematics. What i want to have is the PIC software. Have you seen a single participant who uploaded his software in competition - NO i gues same as me. The open source is Klondike project only and nothing else from my point of view.  - Speaking of The ASIC excuse my competence BUT what i mean like open source is you to publish all asic Related Files which are needed for us so that no matter how stupid we are when we go to Fabric and say for instance i wanna have this chip they to be able to produce it. Did you understand what i am up to. But you stated that this aint gona happen if I remember correctly right?

So you  think he is going to give you access to gds and the mask?

hmm
please confirm with them as i would be interested also if this is the case
legendary
Hmm

crazy folks

Yeah like avalon competition for Open source PCB I can get the pcb and have the schematics. What i want to have is the PIC software. Have you seen a single participant who uploaded his software in competition - NO i gues same as me. The open source is Klondike project only and nothing else from my point of view.  - Speaking of The ASIC excuse my competence BUT what i mean like open source is you to publish all asic Related Files which are needed for us so that no matter how stupid we are when we go to Fabric and say for instance i wanna have this chip they to be able to produce it. Did you understand what i am up to. But you stated that this aint gona happen if I remember correctly right?

Hmm

crazy folks

legendary
Hmm

crazy folks

You get the technology with  our money invested we eventually get good praise from today point's of view and we are going probably to loose our investments from tomorrow point of view
Hmm

crazy folks
Activity: 741
Merit: 514
https://www.bitmain.com
legendary
Activity: 1600
Merit: 1014
Will you be releasing the code for the micro controller as well?
legendary
Activity: 1974
Merit: 1003
OFFTOPIC :
do u plan to sell more antminers anytime soon ?
Activity: 420
I am interested in getting in on this one.  I don't need raw chips though. I need an organized buy of a product that I can plug in and hash with :-)
+1 That is what we all need

And knowing chip cost - reasonably priced plug and play.  Yeah, you know who I'm talking to custom folks. Wink
legendary
I am interested in getting in on this one.  I don't need raw chips though. I need an organized buy of a product that I can plug in and hash with :-)
+1 That is what we all need
legendary
Activity: 1600
Merit: 1014
I would be able to fund and run a batch of very nice looking miners, complete with plastic housing, manual, shiny box, CE and UL cert and so on. Am in Shanghai, possible to communicate in Chinese.
However I need somebody to do the PCB's reliably without fucking me over.

Anybody interested contact me for details.

Thank you.
Activity: 630
Merit: 501
Miner Setup And Reviews. WASP Rep.
I am looking at starting a group buy for chips here. If anyone is interested.

thanks Bestlymac,

The BOM and open sourced documents will be uploaded in two days.
That is great. Will you also be releasing your antminer design?

All the file needed for a antminer S1 design will be uploaded.
Thats great news. Thank you.
How many chips are in a S1?

64 chips. 32 chips per board and two boards combined into a dual-blade miner
legendary
Activity: 910
How many chips are in a S1?

**** Ok, looks like 64, please correct me if I am wrong.

thanks Bestlymac,

All the file needed for a antminer S1 design will be uploaded.
legendary
Activity: 910

would you in turn then build a usb with customer chips?  this was done with the bit fury chips by you.
I am sure we could. Potentially even a dual chip usb. It depends what the buyers want.
legendary
Activity: 4242
Merit: 8515
'The right to privacy matters'

would you in turn then build a usb with customer chips?  this was done with the bit fury chips by you.

thanks Bestlymac,

Pages:
Jump to: