Pages:
Author

Topic: BITMAIN‘s Liquid Cooled Miner C1: It is not only cool, but it is cool - page 10. (Read 18285 times)

Activity: 26
Merit: 0
@ Bitmain:

With the broken promises of updated firmware for S2 users & all the problems with the S4, PSU, firmware, etc, etc - I would like to see some proof that these will actually work as advertised before deciding to buy some or not.

1) Can you post a screen of one actually mining showing hash/error rate?

2) Will these work with all pools, including p2pool, or just a select few as with the S4?

3) Has the firmware been thoroughly tested this time?

4) What version of cgminer is bundled with it?

Thanks.

@ Bitmain: Pretty please?  Wink

Don't think that is too hard to do. Do they have some of them fabbed and running yet?

I'd like to know this too - some info/answers would be nice......
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1185
dogiecoin.com
What is the watt in total ? Watercooling and the c1 in one psu? 850w?

Yeah, 850-900W
Activity: 392
Merit: 250
What is the watt in total ? Watercooling and the c1 in one psu? 850w?
legendary
dogiecoin.com
Not to spread anti-environmentalism, but an obvious great market for this is people who have unmetered water. Wink

That's the other side of the C1 - those who use large farm evapourative cooling can simply plumb in the C1 into their mains.

Would swimming pool water corrode the water blocks?

Would probably deposit a load of minerals in the blocks and gunk up everything. Maybe though, interesting.
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
Watch out for the "Neg-Rep-Dogie-Police".....
@ Bitmain:

With the broken promises of updated firmware for S2 users & all the problems with the S4, PSU, firmware, etc, etc - I would like to see some proof that these will actually work as advertised before deciding to buy some or not.

1) Can you post a screen of one actually mining showing hash/error rate?

2) Will these work with all pools, including p2pool, or just a select few as with the S4?

3) Has the firmware been thoroughly tested this time?

4) What version of cgminer is bundled with it?

Thanks.

Again.....
donator
Activity: 1617
Merit: 1012
Not to spread anti-environmentalism, but an obvious great market for this is people who have unmetered water. Wink

That's the other side of the C1 - those who use large farm evapourative cooling can simply plumb in the C1 into their mains.

Would swimming pool water corrode the water blocks?
legendary
Activity: 2030
Merit: 1076
BTCLife.global participant
S2 seems like a better deal as compare to this and you can use coupon too..
Do you mean S4?  Wink
Activity: 924
Good idea, but incl. all accessories and shipping overpriced. Especially for people in Europe, which have to pay 19-22% VAT.

Electricity rates make it viable in the EC?

Just wondering if anything is viable unless it is made locally in the EC this is true over everything that is being made today given the BTC price.
Activity: 154
Merit: 100

*Get 2L if you think you might spill or want spare.
*^Optional but highly recommended.

So, the Quick Disconnects are really added to easily separate the pump from the radiator, right?

I've never dealt with a pump/radiator assembly like this before, to fill the entire system then, is
that done through the top opening in the pump? or some other method..

Thanks

the Quick Disconnect are not added in the water cooling kit,but G1/8-8 Tubing Adapter is included.as you say, the entire system is filled with coolant through the top opening in the pump.
legendary
Activity: 1274

This is interesting, but I would be more interested in buying more S1 upgrade kits.

Or C1 upgrade kits . sense it the same thing as a S3 So I'm guessing why not just sell them as C1 upgrade kits  for S1, it looks like it would would work .

extend the S1s just a tad longer  Tongue) .

Activity: 448
S2 seems like a better deal as compare to this and you can use coupon too..
Activity: 326
Good idea, but incl. all accessories and shipping overpriced. Especially for people in Europe, which have to pay 19-22% VAT.
legendary
Personally I would like to fasten the radiator, pump and whatever else at the top of C1 using some kind of installation rail, for example, from meccano.  Roll Eyes
In this scenario you will no need to often disconnect something...
Activity: 74
Merit: 10

*Get 2L if you think you might spill or want spare.
*^Optional but highly recommended.

So, the Quick Disconnects are really added to easily separate the pump from the radiator, right?

I've never dealt with a pump/radiator assembly like this before, to fill the entire system then, is
that done through the top opening in the pump? or some other method..

Thanks

legendary
One includes a PSU one doesnt.
I don't need S4s PSU. ) ATX or server PSU bought at local market is always better (especially if I can put it inside the miner case...).
legendary
dogiecoin.com
On coolant how much do you need for each C1?

1L will do one kit easily. At 6mm ID you could get 35m of tubing out of it. But -150ml for the resevoir and about 250ml in the radiator. tldr, you'll use 600ml or so, potentially more if you use longer tubing.
Activity: 312
legendary
Activity: 1456
Activity: 312

The link for the "ANT C1 mining cooling kit" is working now.  $40 for shipping to the US?  Is that correct?   I only see one shipping option.

Yes, and about $15 for adding a second kit.

Actually, it's $24 shipping for 2nd kit.  I decided to order 2.  I'll either buy a 2nd C1, or sell the 2nd water cooling kit.
legendary
dogiecoin.com

The link for the "ANT C1 mining cooling kit" is working now.  $40 for shipping to the US?  Is that correct?   I only see one shipping option.

Yes, and about $15 for adding a second kit.
Pages:
Jump to: