Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitmark - page 63. (Read 622213 times)

Activity: 156
Merit: 100
March 27, 2015, 08:41:27 AM
Yes unethical behaviour occurred, on my part. I dipped in to a trading fund a few times for basic needs, and over time it mounted up, I'd hoped to simply trade back up again, but given a negative climate I started to dig a financial hole

Well that is just charming...  Mate, I believed in you, enough to donate to the cause and mine the coin for months.  If you were doing that tough, you should have asked for help. The community would have helped you out.  But now we have a situation where funds are missing, the dev wont show his face here and that is only making things worse.  Development on the coin is non existent despite it desperately needing work on both the algo and the marketing of the coin. 

Mark, if you want to save this project, make yourself visible again.  Tell us what you need to move the coin forward and help will be forthcoming.  Hiding in a corner is only killing the coin.  IMHO, what needs to happen ASAP:
1. An algo adjustment.  Fortunately it is still weeks until the next diff change due to the pathetic hash rate.  Plenty of time to make it happen.
2. Marketing. I'm no marketing guru but this coin is nearly a year old with no real concrete implementation of "Marking".  What was a brilliant idea a year ago is rapidly being overtaken/copied by others.

I have some friends that may be able to help. I'll talk to them and see if they are interested and get back to you.  No promises as from what I can see there has been a lot of "Fiddling whilst Rome burns" going on here. It's time to stop discussing possible solutions and testing possible algos and DO SOMETHING.

Quoted for truth...
Activity: 183
March 27, 2015, 08:36:35 AM
Yes unethical behaviour occurred, on my part. I dipped in to a trading fund a few times for basic needs, and over time it mounted up, I'd hoped to simply trade back up again, but given a negative climate I started to dig a financial hole

Can someone explain what this trading fund is?
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
March 27, 2015, 04:29:44 AM

Well that is just charming...  Mate, I believed in you, enough to donate to the cause and mine the coin for months.  If you were doing that tough, you should have asked for help. The community would have helped you out.  But now we have a situation where funds are missing, the dev wont show his face here and that is only making things worse.  Development on the coin is non existent despite it desperately needing work on both the algo and the marketing of the coin. 

Mark, if you want to save this project, make yourself visible again.  Tell us what you need to move the coin forward and help will be forthcoming.  Hiding in a corner is only killing the coin.  IMHO, what needs to happen ASAP:
1. An algo adjustment.  Fortunately it is still weeks until the next diff change due to the pathetic hash rate.  Plenty of time to make it happen.
2. Marketing. I'm no marketing guru but this coin is nearly a year old with no real concrete implementation of "Marking".  What was a brilliant idea a year ago is rapidly being overtaken/copied by others.

I have some friends that may be able to help. I'll talk to them and see if they are interested and get back to you.  No promises as from what I can see there has been a lot of "Fiddling whilst Rome burns" going on here. It's time to stop discussing possible solutions and testing possible algos and DO SOMETHING.
Activity: 854
Merit: 1001
March 26, 2015, 03:44:26 PM
My first question is: how big is the hole ?
I've always had the impression of Mark as a trustworthy guy, but even the best of us can make crappy decisions, especially if we need to put bread on a family table.
Bitmark has always been an excellent project imho, and I wouldn't like to see it go tits-up.

We need at least a few sane and non-scammy projects in crypto right now.......
legendary
Activity: 826
Merit: 1002
amarha
March 26, 2015, 05:23:22 AM
The situation is unclear at this point.

We got this message

This is unfortunate, but imho, it's something that with the right support could possibly made right, and the project getting back on track, which is my hope.

Yes, one solution might be as simple as getting right back on track as we all know how much value can be created and realized when a project begins to come to fruition. Hopefully this is possible at some point soon, as it seems like the most obvious solution. Personal issues might make that more complicated than it seems though I guess.
March 26, 2015, 05:12:09 AM
The situation is unclear at this point.

We got this message

This is unfortunate, but imho, it's something that with the right support could possibly made right, and the project getting back on track, which is my hope.

Activity: 156
March 26, 2015, 12:29:55 AM
Unfortunately this project is now in kind of limbo.

Coinsolidation was having marital issues and was without internet for a couple of days, saying he'd be back last sunday.

We've not heard from him since, and have been unable to get in contact, but are trying.

Our primary thought is to make sure markpfennig / coinsolidation is OK, then hopefully get this project back to development.

WRT the project I have the alert codes, but unfortunately not the keys to the foundation nor any of the marking code that was written in the last 8 months which remains in a private repository.  There's currently no codebase checked in to build on

Regarding all those that donated to the foundation, medic has said he may still have the keys on an old computer, we are not sure.

We hope that mark is doing well and if anyone is in contact with him, or knows of someone that is, it would be great to know.  As a community our focus now is on getting back in contact ASAP and making a plan to go forward.

I heard that Mark is handing over project for the next couple of months and then will return in May part time, do you think it's feasible that a multi user wallet/Web marking will be available by Q3
Activity: 334
🌟 æternity🌟 blockchain🌟
March 25, 2015, 11:00:37 PM
I have faith in Mark and all the dev team  Cool
Activity: 544
Merit: 500
March 25, 2015, 08:16:09 PM
I wish the Dev well, hope he is doing ok

same, coinsolidation is one of the best crypto devs around. I think he'll be back for sure!!
Activity: 122
March 25, 2015, 08:11:43 PM
I wish the Dev well, hope he is doing ok
legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1000
March 23, 2015, 08:55:28 AM
Surely Coinsolidation will be back...
March 23, 2015, 07:21:11 AM
Unfortunately this project is now in kind of limbo.

Coinsolidation was having marital issues and was without internet for a couple of days, saying he'd be back last sunday.

We've not heard from him since, and have been unable to get in contact, but are trying.

Our primary thought is to make sure markpfennig / coinsolidation is OK, then hopefully get this project back to development.

WRT the project I have the alert codes, but unfortunately not the keys to the foundation nor any of the marking code that was written in the last 8 months which remains in a private repository.  There's currently no codebase checked in to build on

Regarding all those that donated to the foundation, medic has said he may still have the keys on an old computer, we are not sure.

We hope that mark is doing well and if anyone is in contact with him, or knows of someone that is, it would be great to know.  As a community our focus now is on getting back in contact ASAP and making a plan to go forward.
Activity: 224
★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice
March 20, 2015, 04:27:37 AM

There is rough consensus between those actively involved in Bitmark that:

1: Any decision on whether to implement this should come after Marking is Ready for Market.
2: Feedback on the proposal should be collated, and reviewed at our Sunday meetings.
3: Discussion should not detract from our key focus, which is marking.

Thanks,

My opinion is that the algo should be implemented as soon as possible. Say what you want about supply and demand, demand vs price, and Marking not being implemented, but part of the reason that people aren't interested in Bitmark is because it takes a full day (sometimes two) just to complete a transaction.

The talks about mining and algo are always centered around coin supply, but ignore the fact that minting coins is a side effect of mining. The purpose of mining is to secure the network and facilitate transactions. But, because there is no incentive for mining with the current diff, that part is failing.

+1

I mined some BTM back in November and still wait for them to get paid. As a miner, it makes no sense for me to mine this coin.
🌟 æternity🌟 blockchain🌟
March 19, 2015, 08:15:35 AM
Hey guys,

Will there be a hard fork for implementing the difficulty change algorithm? I have most of my coins in my wallet dormant, so i need to know whether I should be paying attention to the changes or not. Because i don't plan to sell in the near future.

Thanks! Cheesy

There's no hard fork scheduled right now, no. But lots of work has been done by dbkeys, leathan, emdje, ecucoin and mark in testing alternative algos. So if he community decides we need to hard fork we should be able to implement some of the new ideas.

We will make sure to give lots of notice if we're going to hard fork.

Alright, thanks!
legendary
amarha
March 19, 2015, 03:19:48 AM
Hey guys,

Will there be a hard fork for implementing the difficulty change algorithm? I have most of my coins in my wallet dormant, so i need to know whether I should be paying attention to the changes or not. Because i don't plan to sell in the near future.

Thanks! Cheesy

There's no hard fork scheduled right now, no. But lots of work has been done by dbkeys, leathan, emdje, ecucoin and mark in testing alternative algos. So if he community decides we need to hard fork we should be able to implement some of the new ideas. (edit: Sometime in the future though, not in the short term for sure. A few things need to be worked out first. The important thing is that we have options for the future if it's deemed necessary.)

We will make sure to give lots of notice if we're going to hard fork.
🌟 æternity🌟 blockchain🌟
March 19, 2015, 12:02:36 AM
Hey guys,

Thanks! Cheesy
legendary
amarha
March 11, 2015, 08:49:15 AM
Hi !

i just setup a Pool for BitMark

http://gcpool.ddns.net/bitmark/public/

If you wish help to find Blocks , then join and spread the Hashes

1% Fee
MPOS + NOMP

Nice. Hopefully we can get some more hashing going soon. Smiley
legendary
amarha
March 11, 2015, 05:52:59 AM
who's working on the website???

i can lend my services if needed

Great. Actually we've been looking for people to work on the website recently. Are you in our slack.com group yet? If not PM an email address(can be a throwaway if you want) and I'll invite you. (And anyone else who wants an invite can do the same!)
Activity: 111
Merit: 10
March 10, 2015, 08:57:09 PM
who's working on the website???

i can lend my services if needed
legendary
Activity: 1028
Merit: 1000
March 08, 2015, 02:56:53 PM
Hi !

i just setup a Pool for BitMark

http://gcpool.ddns.net/bitmark/public/