Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitmex Tips - How to not lose your house and maybe even make some money - page 6. (Read 948 times)

Activity: 378
Merit: 28
I also first traded in a big minus on this exchange and when I lost almost everything, I started using stop loss and buy no more than 10% of the capital and gradually return my Deposit! Very insidious exchange, you need to learn how to work in a plus!

Definitely agree. The feeling of getting stopped out SUCKS, but then you realize it saves you in so many situations. Don't let confirmation bias run your trades!
Activity: 210
Merit: 10
I also first traded in a big minus on this exchange and when I lost almost everything, I started using stop loss and buy no more than 10% of the capital and gradually return my Deposit! Very insidious exchange, you need to learn how to work in a plus!
Activity: 238
Merit: 0
My boyfriend got liquidated a while ago. I found out that there is a simulation website for bitmex by bitmex where u can start learning.
Bitmex is so wild
Feeling a serious case of FOMO and want to short at 7650, but reminding myself to stay patient. May hit 7750, looking to short there.
Longing 7250, shorting 7800.
Unfortunately never hit my targets before this dump. Sitting out for now, kind of a no trade zone.
Looking to short between 7600 and 7800
Great success playing between 7400 and 7300. Keep tight SLs on your longs though, should still be overall bearish.
Longing 7650. This bear run is nasty though.
Short worked out well, but not feeling as confident about 8800. May sit out for a bit and see what happens. Waiting for an 8450 break or an 8100 break.
Shorting to 8350. Longing there to 8800ish for the final wave down after that!
7.8k still not hit unfortunately. No trade zone IMO right now, waiting for either 8350 to confirm up or 8100 to confirm down.
Long range didn't hit unfortunately, but crazy day riding pumps and dumps. Great day to demonstrate the massive amount of money you can make (or lose!) from bitmex. Shorting from 8400 to 8k now.
Short at 8700 certainly did well! Layering longs from 8k to 7.8k for a bounce.
Activity: 280
Merit: 100
The Operating System for DAOs
Nice guide but please don't tell people to trade at 100x leverege. Noobs should just play without any leverage to get familar with the platform then start using leverege but no higher than 5x leverage.
Activity: 672
Merit: 252
Until the end
Allmeat27 posts some good information here.  If you are new to this take it to heart.  As always, read up on the coins you want to invest in and get to know them.
Shorting at 8700 if it hits it today. Tight SL around 8750 in case it decides to go nuts.
Activity: 770
Merit: 258
The Standart Protocol - Solving Inflation
If you wont lose your house fast dont trade using laverage or if you really need to do laverage dont go very big laverage. As far as i know people always lose trading using laverage because you will be forced to close your poaition if your margin is not enough.
Admittedly did horrible the last few days. Kept expecting a bounce, but never got one. Always use stop-losses! Hoping for 8450 then bounce for now.
Pages:
Jump to: