Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitminter client (Windows/Linux/Mac) - page 11. (Read 654627 times)

Activity: 113
Merit: 10
April 09, 2014, 11:01:19 PM
 Roll Eyes

thought i'd come by and say a uninstal and re-instal of 1.4.2 fixed my issues

Not too knowledgeable about these hashing rigs being talked about here.

But a good heatsink goes a long way, even if you don't see improvements in the individual programs or benchmarks. Finding software that can benchmark without stress testing will be a better guide to knowing how modifications have improved what.

You may need something to look at transfer speeds and chip speeds for the device itself, and w/e ports it's attached to.

haveing higher quality parts, such as capacitors/resistors help the voltages remain constant or for resistors, at a certain voltage range. i'm guessing people are finding its overvolting when it overclocks?

I've found a process monitor software called "process hacker 2" that is free ware. and has many tools in it that are helpful, some features are unlocked when run as an admin. this has been most helpful monitoring network and i/o etc. The software is best in the hands of an experienced pc user. But many things can be useful to all. Just be careful. Read up on anything you don't know. Ask me if you wish.

ps: again i have no experience placeing large metal objects on a antminer u1 or u2. but it seems people are putting a heatsink on the backside of the pcb, and leaveing the chips exposed. from first apperances, using thermal seems foolish directly on the pcb with some waffled? copper base?

Not using thermal would mean your not getting much use or contact with the parts your trying to cool.

Leaving the chips your trying to cool exposed limits their potential and drastically shortens their lifespan. yes i would suggest a heatsink for the entire unit. pcb and all. And delicate placement of tiny ammounts of thermal nanodiamond or 99%w/v silver. or a mix of these 2. with individual heatsinks for the chips. Get some anti-static wrap, cut some peices to lay over the edges of the chips to cover any exposed metal surfaces. I might buy some of these and try this haha.
Activity: 50
Merit: 0
April 09, 2014, 08:36:42 PM
so again i learn an new thing.. Wink thanks
Isn't it an idea then that you can give a specific usb minor a unique name or isn't that possible?
I want the U1 do 1,6 ghz and the U2 do 2,0 GHz my server is in the my basement so it can be pretty handy i can give them an unique id to indentefy each other. it is just a suggestion, thanks for listing and good luck with improve bitminer, its already great...
regards,
bas vw

I'm finding that pretty much all of my U1 will run at 2GHps and that my U2s don't run any faster, even with the larger heat sink.
I think all of them probably need the resistor upgrade, then good heat sinks, and then they can be run easily at 2GHps and hopefully faster if I do it right.

-S
legendary
Activity: 2730
Merit: 1034
Needs more jiggawatts
April 09, 2014, 04:01:37 PM
Bitminter client v1.6.0 is out.

New:
  • Switch to Stratum mining protocol
  • Show worker difficulty changes in the log
  • Show the block's hash in the log when a block is found
  • Remove display of queued work from status line (work now generated locally)

Try it now:

Note: if you were using the "port 80" option to bypass a firewall then this release will probably not work for you. v1.5.0 will still be available in the "tools" menu at bitminter.com for some time. If you have firewall issues, let me know what your needs are, or better yet, fix the firewall.

If you have a problem with 1.6.0 you can still load 1.5.0 from here: https://bitminter.com/client/1.5.0/bitminter.jnlp

If you restart the client and still see 1.5.0, try clearing your java cache. See http://www.java.com/en/download/help/plugin_cache.xml
Activity: 3
April 09, 2014, 01:06:21 PM
thanks, and keep up the good working Smiley
legendary
Needs more jiggawatts
April 09, 2014, 12:09:39 PM
Isn't it an idea then that you can give a specific usb minor a unique name or isn't that possible?
I want the U1 do 1,6 ghz and the U2 do 2,0 GHz my server is in the my basement so it can be pretty handy i can give them an unique id to indentefy each other. it is just a suggestion, thanks for listing and good luck with improve bitminer, its already great...

You can do this today. Each has their own setting. Only problem is if they trade places, U1 on COM1 and U2 on COM2 originally. You set different speeds. Later for some reason the U1 is on COM2 and U2 on COM1, and the client will attempt to run them with wrong speeds. I think this will normally not happen if you keep them plugged into the same USB ports.
April 09, 2014, 11:48:52 AM
regards,
bas vw
legendary
Needs more jiggawatts
April 09, 2014, 09:33:08 AM
Difference in bitminter U1/u2 antminer
Is it possible that bitminter detects the difference between U1  and U2. its difficult to see the difference now in program. 
Lucky you have make the identify button.
Is it possible that bitminter can see the difference between the tow in the new beta?
Regards,
Basvw

As far as I know the only difference is the larger heatsink on U2. I don't think there is a way for software to detect a difference.
April 09, 2014, 08:52:01 AM
Difference in bitminter U1/u2 antminer
Is it possible that bitminter detects the difference between U1  and U2. its difficult to see the difference now in program. 
Lucky you have make the identify button.
Is it possible that bitminter can see the difference between the tow in the new beta?
Regards,
Basvw
legendary
Needs more jiggawatts
April 08, 2014, 01:26:58 PM
hmm weird thing is i dont have the cog or the wrenches on my client, the only thing i have under controls is the engine start button

That's because the "total" display that shows all the totals is the only one showing full information. The device displays are minimized. Press the green arrows to expand them and the wrench and other stuff will appear.
Activity: 6
April 08, 2014, 05:27:26 AM
Thanks for the help  Smiley ill go and have a fiddle with the software lol
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
April 08, 2014, 05:19:48 AM
hmm weird thing is i dont have the cog or the wrenches on my client, the only thing i have under controls is the engine start button

Try the beta install, do not let the "unstable" run ya off. It is normal procedure to disclaim "everything OK" on new software.

I would reinstall java first, and do the remove older versions tool after. (if on windows)

I do not know if v1.5 even works on U1 and U2 I had issues early on, switched to BFG till doc had time to iron it out Smiley
The Newest Ant work is in the beta.
April 08, 2014, 04:26:59 AM
April 08, 2014, 03:50:32 AM
1.6 beta report, got a new U2 today so I popped it into the 5v 5a hub I built, and set port speed to 115200 and Turned off allow computer to sleep this device in device properties.
Told BM Client to scan COM6 it was found, and I set the "wrench" icon to 2gh .0981 and it works just fine. Reports about 1.98 to 1.99 gh.

BFG on the older ones gives 2.03 - 2.08 but pool reports 1.99 so it is all evened out.

Works well Doc, Thank You

Oh, I have not tested the "Identify" button, cool feature, I will get to it later.
April 08, 2014, 03:29:37 AM
im running v1.5.0 of the client and im getting 1.55Ghps out of my antminer u2, any ideas on how i can push this up to 2Ghps?
Activity: 50
April 07, 2014, 07:02:51 PM
With 1.6.0 b1 I am able to run just about all of my Antminers at 2GHps with no miscalculations and the same or fewer rejections.
I need to replace all the resistors and put on a new heat sink array with better cooling and see how far I can go.
Anyone have an IR picture of a working Antminer U1/U2?
Activity: 104
Merit: 10
April 07, 2014, 03:33:28 PM
If you're talking about not overclocking an AntMiner you have to weight the hash rate against the rejections to find your sweet spot.  I guess you should probably factor in power consumption as well for a total picture.  Rejections aren't the end of the world when you're trying to get the most out of your gear.
Activity: 1
April 06, 2014, 05:18:28 PM
For what it's worth as a noob, I have a lot less rejections using 1.60
April 06, 2014, 03:58:51 PM
So all is well, next to run some U1 ants with it, all seems well so far.

Good stuff. No network issues? Devices running out of work or connection issues?

v1.6 beta running fine for me. seems there are way less rejected pows.

I will report what I find, if anything...

The exchange rates tool - site is questioning ::
Hey! A lot of the information from this page has been moved to http://bitcoincharts.com. It might be worth visiting if you didn't know about that site yet.

I like the simplicity of the first original site tho.
Activity: 7
April 06, 2014, 08:13:28 AM

Good stuff. No network issues? Devices running out of work or connection issues?

v1.6 beta running fine for me. seems there are way less rejected pows.
legendary
Needs more jiggawatts
April 06, 2014, 06:19:56 AM

Pages:
Jump to: