Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitminter client (Windows/Linux/Mac) - page 12. (Read 654653 times)

Activity: 238
Merit: 100
April 06, 2014, 05:05:29 AM
OK testing W7 64bit IE10 Java7.

So far it picked up com14, as not in use on first fireup.

BFG was using it. So I cleaned all the unused ports in DeviceManager with these commands in command prompt.

set DEVMGR_SHOW_NONPRESENT_DEVICES=1

devmgmt

tick show hidden in view

remove greyed out icons for hubs and com devices...

Reran the v6 client and it found all ports being used as it should..

2014.04.06 [01:54]  Cannot probe COM4: port in use
2014.04.06 [01:54]  Cannot probe COM17: port in use
2014.04.06 [01:54]  Cannot probe COM16: port in use
2014.04.06 [01:54]  Cannot probe COM15: port in use
2014.04.06 [01:54] No external devices detected.
2014.04.06 [01:54] BFL drivers: http://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/VCP.htm ASICMiner and Antminer drivers: http://www.silabs.com/products/mcu/Pages/USBtoUARTBridgeVCPDrivers.aspx On Linux load FTDI driver: "sudo modprobe ftdi_sio vendor=0x0403 product=0x6014". You may lack access to serial ports (Ubuntu: "sudo usermod -a -G dialout USERNAME" then log out and back in).
2014.04.06 [01:54]  Cannot probe COM14: port in use
2014.04.06 [01:54]  Cannot probe COM3: port in use
2014.04.06 [01:54]  Cannot probe COM7: port in use
2014.04.06 [01:54]  Cannot probe COM12: port in use
2014.04.06 [01:54]  Probe of port COM1 failed: timeout 2014.04.06 [01:54]  Cannot probe COM5: port in use

The BFL message is not needed in this instance silabs is installed.

So all is well, next to run some U1 ants with it, all seems well so far.
legendary
Activity: 2730
Merit: 1034
Needs more jiggawatts
April 06, 2014, 04:24:27 AM
Does the "latest (auto update)" menu selection give 1.5 or 1.6 ?

It gives 1.5 until 1.6 is out of beta testing.
April 05, 2014, 11:07:23 PM
Bitminter client v1.6.0 beta1 is ready for testing.

New:
  • Switch to Stratum mining protocol
  • Show worker difficulty changes in the log
  • Show the block's hash in the log when a block is found

Note: if you were using the "port 80" option to bypass a firewall then this release will probably not work for you. v1.5.0 will still be available in the "tools" menu at bitminter.com for some time. If you have firewall issues, let me know what your needs are, or better yet, fix the firewall.

Please check it out:

Does the "latest (auto update)" menu selection give 1.5 or 1.6 ?
legendary
Needs more jiggawatts
April 05, 2014, 05:18:49 PM
Bitminter client v1.6.0 beta1 is ready for testing.

New:
  • Switch to Stratum mining protocol
  • Show worker difficulty changes in the log
  • Show the block's hash in the log when a block is found

Note: if you were using the "port 80" option to bypass a firewall then this release will probably not work for you. v1.5.0 will still be available in the "tools" menu at bitminter.com for some time. If you have firewall issues, let me know what your needs are, or better yet, fix the firewall.

Please check it out:

-ck
legendary
Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631
Ruu \o/
April 01, 2014, 02:38:11 AM
The question was rhetorical. Only altcoin miners and botnets are cpu mining these days, neither of which is relevant here.
Activity: 296
Merit: 10
March 31, 2014, 04:08:59 PM
this makes me sad now. I had much better earnings when i was able to use the software provided dependably. this is why i keep asking for it to return. But dr says it should work fine. it must be something on my end causeing issues.

i already obtained 1.4mhs. cpu with your software. it's not just the software but system configurations (unlocking your os) and hardware potential.

i've already withdrawn,,,for last year...i was hopeing to enable better earnings this year. I guess you can pm me suggestions for other cpu miners. google hasn't been helpful. i end up finding virueses and trojans instead.
How on earth are you making money CPU mining bitcoin now? That hasn't been profitable in years. Even with free electricity you can only earn about 1 cent per month with a modern CPU.

CPU mining for Bitcoin is dead.

I'm running ~360GH/s of ASIC miners, and will be lucky to mine 1BTC per month at the current difficulty.
-ck
legendary
Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631
Ruu \o/
March 30, 2014, 11:11:46 PM
this makes me sad now. I had much better earnings when i was able to use the software provided dependably. this is why i keep asking for it to return. But dr says it should work fine. it must be something on my end causeing issues.

i already obtained 1.4mhs. cpu with your software. it's not just the software but system configurations (unlocking your os) and hardware potential.

i've already withdrawn,,,for last year...i was hopeing to enable better earnings this year. I guess you can pm me suggestions for other cpu miners. google hasn't been helpful. i end up finding virueses and trojans instead.
How on earth are you making money CPU mining bitcoin now? That hasn't been profitable in years. Even with free electricity you can only earn about 1 cent per month with a modern CPU.
Activity: 113
March 30, 2014, 11:07:18 PM

legendary
Needs more jiggawatts
March 30, 2014, 06:17:32 AM
When you can please re-implement an updated cpu miner.

1.4.2 is what is available. and this error that was corrected prevents us from conecting to the servers.

1.4.2 should connect fine.

Two reasons not to CPU mine:

1. It uses much more in electricity than what you earn. The more you mine, the more money you lose.

2. Like PCMiner just said, it is so slow that what you earn will probably never be more than "dust" which is not enough to withdraw.

And if you still want to CPU mine, don't use Bitminter client. The best CPU miners are 10 times faster. I never had time to implement fast CPU mining, and it doesn't make any sense now.
Activity: 123
March 30, 2014, 12:18:23 AM

1.4.2 is what is available. and this error that was corrected prevents us from conecting to the servers.

I used other miners, but the work does not seem to be getting turned in, as accurately as your software you provide. even though the hashrates are faster in some. none have come close to te 1.4mhs i was able to get with the provided software. cpu only.

i realize it may be a pain to put it in now, i'd be fine with a stand alone cpu only version of the same software.

Would there be any other reasons the java client is not able to connect to your servers? it's almost as if we are ddosing ourselves or something. By loggining in .... i can't imagine the servers being overloaded yet.

Did I just read that you are trying to mine bitcoin using CPU so you can get 1.4mhs?
If so, I'll spare you the normal reasons why you shouldn't use a CPU and just leave this one reason here:  Even if you mined for 10 years at that speed, you wouldn't ever make enough to be able to withdraw it from the Bitminter website.
Activity: 113
March 29, 2014, 11:18:33 PM

I used other miners, but the work does not seem to be getting turned in, as accurately as your software you provide. even though the hashrates are faster in some. none have come close to te 1.4mhs i was able to get with the provided software. cpu only.

i realize it may be a pain to put it in now, i'd be fine with a stand alone cpu only version of the same software.

Would there be any other reasons the java client is not able to connect to your servers? it's almost as if we are ddosing ourselves or something. By loggining in .... i can't imagine the servers being overloaded yet.
legendary
Needs more jiggawatts
March 29, 2014, 04:54:26 AM
My version 1.4.3 is unable to start .?

What happens when you try?

Does it help to clear the Java cache?

http://www.java.com/en/download/help/plugin_cache.xml

When I looked at the clients 1.4.3 was still the official stable client .
Is 1.5.0 now the official client ?

Yes, 1.5.0 is the latest version so that's the version you get unless you have been using a version-specific link.
Activity: 198
March 29, 2014, 04:03:56 AM
My version 1.4.3 is unable to start .?
When I looked at the clients 1.4.3 was still the official stable client .
Is 1.5.0 now the official client ?
Activity: 50
Merit: 0
March 28, 2014, 06:40:37 PM
Glad you have ironed out most (if not all) the U1 issues, now sushi is pumping U2.
Will help with overloaded USB hubs as you can only put 4 in most 8 port hubs.
Hoping U2 runs well in bitminter, as U1's will soon not be available new.
In all this meantime, I have become friends with BFGminer as 3.10 ran the U1's well.
Thank you for all your work on this device software.
Mine have just fine so far, there doesn't really seem to be a difference in recognizing U1's vs. U2's. They both seem to fire up at 1.6GH/s before you overclock them to your liking, and just show up as Antminer in the device list.

Received my first Antminer U2 and am not impressed.
All of my U1 work at 1.9 or 2.0.  U2 was supposed to be able to hit 2.2 without issue.
My first U2 only does 2.0.  They don't look much different than the U1 other than the larger heat sink.
Activity: 296
March 27, 2014, 03:19:19 PM
Does bitminter support butterfly labs asics.  Does it support all butterfly labs products i know it does the 5ghs version what about the 50ghs.

I have a dozen Chili miners running with no problems since 1.5.0 came out
Activity: 55
March 27, 2014, 08:27:24 AM
Glad you have ironed out most (if not all) the U1 issues, now sushi is pumping U2.

In all this meantime, I have become friends with BFGminer as 3.10 ran the U1's well.

Mine have just fine so far, there doesn't really seem to be a difference in recognizing U1's vs. U2's. They both seem to fire up at 1.6GH/s before you overclock them to your liking, and just show up as Antminer in the device list.
legendary
Needs more jiggawatts
March 26, 2014, 12:16:16 PM
Bitminter client supports all BFL products so far except the upcoming Monarch. Hopefully I can add support for that too.
Activity: 104
March 26, 2014, 09:27:40 AM
I'm running three 30gh/s BFL ASICS with no problems.  I'll be adding a 60 gh/s if it comes in the mail today.  I'm a big fan of Bitminter and the highly proactive Doc so if you're new.... welcome!
March 26, 2014, 05:47:03 AM

Activity: 50
March 25, 2014, 06:09:06 PM
Wow, all you guys with your high powered rigs.
I'm just starting out and am currently running 9 Antminer U1 at 2Ghps each and 5 ASIC Miners at 336Mhps each and am barely hitting 20Ghps.
I'm selling the 336's and just bought an Antminer U2.
I also plan to replace the resistors on the U1's and put new heat sinks on them.
I need to see if I can get a thermal image of the Antminer to determine where the best placement of the heat sink should be.
No reason to cover more area if it's not being useful.
Pages:
Jump to: