Pages:
Author

Topic: BitMinter.com * Optional Custom Miner, PPLNS, Merged mining, Newbie-Friendly! * - page 2. (Read 220665 times)

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

Hi All! I am a newbie and my bitminter runs so. Is there any problem with?

You won't earn anything from mining Bitcoin with your CPU/GPUs. You will only waste your electricity. If you want to mine using CPU/GPU, mine an altcoin. Remember, you probably won't get any profit, instead, you will be mining for fun.

So if i wanna earn bitcoin what i need to doexcept faucets? What is wrong with that application so that it works so slow? I saw one's app in first page of topic that runs faster than mine. If i can get it run faster?
Activity: 560
Merit: 506
I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!

You won't earn anything from mining Bitcoin with your CPU/GPUs. You will only waste your electricity. If you want to mine using CPU/GPU, mine an altcoin. Remember, you probably won't get any profit, instead, you will be mining for fun.
Activity: 182

legendary
Activity: 2730
Merit: 1034
Needs more jiggawatts
Activity: 1
Merit: 0
I'm a new member. Bitcoin back unexpectedly so popular
Activity: 140
15 Mhps will give you 0.00006 BTC PER YEAR, worth about ONE CENT of a US DOLLAR.
 IN ONE YEAR!

We are well past that point. We used such devices a few years ago.
Even my great GPU at 500 Mhps would produce 0.002 BTC per year

It's not worth your electricity cost, by far. Just get out and buy a few cents of a Bitcoin to start using it.

I used to get speeds saying Approx mint speed 0.0010 or maybe 0.0001 per month, but now it's at 0.0000 a month, but my Mhps is 14.53 like it was before. how come it's become so slow? is my PC dying? I have never had even 1 bitcoin yet, it takes so long.  Huh
legendary
Needs more jiggawatts
I used to get speeds saying Approx mint speed 0.0010 or maybe 0.0001 per month, but now it's at 0.0000 a month, but my Mhps is 14.53 like it was before. how come it's become so slow? is my PC dying? I have never had even 1 bitcoin yet, it takes so long.  Huh

The difficulty keeps going up, so you earn less and less.

Almost everyone stopped mining on computers in 2013 when ASIC hardware made computers utterly useless for mining bitcoins. Well, many had given up on their PC before then, but that's when the best 300+ MH/s gaming GPUs finally had to give up.

I'd recommend looking into bitcoin ASIC mining hardware.
Activity: 9
So it seems like the cutting edge ASIC is the best thing to invest in.  What is the next best thing?  Most literature is 6 to 9 months old.  When will the next wave start?

I only just learned about ASIC but when I look up devices to do this, it would take 17 years just to make the bitcoin to pay off the device. I hardly see how this is a worthy  investment.
Activity: 615
Merit: 500
So it seems like the cutting edge ASIC is the best thing to invest in.  What is the next best thing?  Most literature is 6 to 9 months old.  When will the next wave start?
Activity: 9
legendary
Needs more jiggawatts
Are there multiple coins being worked on at the same time, or is everyone working on the same coin?

We work on bitcoin and namecoin at the same time, getting namecoins as a free byproduct with our bitcoin mining.
Are there multiple coins being worked on at the same time, or is everyone working on the same coin?
legendary
Needs more jiggawatts
So are we all working on the same block? Or are there multiple being worked on by the pool at the same time? Trying to figure this whole thing out.

We are checking billions of different blocks per second, looking for a valid one.

If we were working on the same block it would just be the same hash over and over again.
So are we all working on the same block? Or are there multiple being worked on by the pool at the same time? Trying to figure this whole thing out.
legendary
Needs more jiggawatts
I started off on the bitminter client, it was really well done. It's good to see the site is one of the ones still up and mining. Props to the team over there.

Thank you Smiley

Is this expected?   

You get paid when blocks are found. Sometimes it takes a while. We've had awesome luck lately, but sadly bad luck is also expected to happen.

There is some more info on payouts here: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.2769824
I'm fairly new to mining, I've only been at it about two weeks.  I think it's fun and interesting.  I have an Antminer U3 and I pull in a few cents worth per day.  However,  I've noticed that I've not gotten any new payments in about 4 days.  Today is the 18th and I've not gotten any payments since the 14th.  Up until the 14th, I'd get a payment daily.  I've tracked my accepted proofs of work, and they're still consistently increasing, but no payments are being made.  Is this expected?   
Activity: 429
Merit: 250
I started off on the bitminter client, it was really well done. It's good to see the site is one of the ones still up and mining. Props to the team over there.
legendary
Needs more jiggawatts
So if my ~2TH is used for mining, why I don't earn BTC ?

You get bitcoins when we find bitcoin blocks and namecoins when we find namecoin blocks.

We make namecoin blocks using bitcoin hashes. This is allowed by the
namecoin system and is called merged mining. It means it doesn't take us
any extra effort to make the namecoins. We get them as a free byproduct
of our bitcoin mining.

If you don't want the namecoins you can set your namecoin donation to
100% to avoid getting any. Again, note that the namecoins are completely free. No bitcoins are lost.

Sometimes we find the next block quickly, other times it takes longer. You can see the blocks we have found at https://bitminter.com/blocks

You can get some more details on how the payouts work here: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.2769824
Activity: 1
Hiho all,
few days ago I recieved my Prospero X-3 and set it to mine BTC with Bitminter Pool.
Unfortnetly for me, I don't recieve my Bitcoins Sad

Few hours after I set miner I get some BTC and NMC.
My actual balance is:
http://postimg.org/image/5lv7tkmm9/
I recieve NMC but BTC profit = 0 :/

If I open Statistic/Shift I can see:
http://postimg.org/image/6prif4dx5

So if my ~2TH is used for mining, why I don't earn BTC ?

It's a wrong config of my miner? Or maybe other reason which I don't know yet?

Someone can help me with that problem, please?  
legendary
Needs more jiggawatts
Need more workers? You can now have 10 workers without the team effort perk.
Pages:
Jump to: