Pages:
Author

Topic: BitMinter.com * Optional Custom Miner, PPLNS, Merged mining, Newbie-Friendly! * - page 67. (Read 220667 times)

Activity: 33
Merit: 0
I'm new to Bitminter, and am running it on my Commodore 64, which has an Intel Atom D525 dou core processor.  The app. presently shows 3 gauges.  The first one shows a power output of .05+/- Mhps, and in the controls panel it says 3/4 cores.  The second gauge is reading at 3.19+/- Mhps, and the controls panel has an icon of 3 gears with the words 2 CUs above it.  The third gauge reads at 3.27+/- Mhps, and nothing is displayed in the controls panel.

Then, in the status box at the bottom, the following messages are displayed:

Unfamiliar GPU ION (#1) - using default power meter
Found 1 OpenCL - compatible GPU
Unfamiliar CPU Atom D525 - using default power meter
Starting long polling

Since typing this out, I now see that the bottom gauge is the sum of the CPU and GPU, and shows the approximate mint speed of .0017+/- coins per day.

My question is: Can anything be done to make this faster?  I'm aware of the performance mode button.  And for the record, my computer is connected directly to a modem, without first going through a router.  At the same time, the CPU performance gauge on my desktop shows that it is maxed out.

Also, I just noticed that I have 1 proof of work accepted by the server.  Yay! Cheesy
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
Here is what I do; register at an exchange that trades namecoins, like
https://btc-e.com/

Generate a namecoin deposit address, enter that in your bitminter account settings. That way all your namecoins are transferred to the exchange where you can sell them for bitcoins or USD.
Activity: 75
Merit: 10
Hi, I left deepbit to join this pool because I liked the GUI. Do I have to download something to receive namecoins or can i just store them at bitminter?
legendary
Activity: 2730
Merit: 1034
Needs more jiggawatts
The hashrate is a bit reduced right now, with two of the biggest miners off for the moment. But please keep at it. We can push the hashrate up to a steady 100 Ghps before the end of the year. Thanks for supporting the pool.

Try out the new beta release of the miner, over in the miner thread: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.640162
legendary
Needs more jiggawatts
I tried it out for a bit, but found the interface rather clunky. To be honest, I prefer GUIMiner.  Undecided

Thanks for trying it out. Anything specific I could improve on?
Activity: 9
I tried it out for a bit, but found the interface rather clunky. To be honest, I prefer GUIMiner.  Undecided
Activity: 6
Indeed I do have that running for my firewall. The post you linked is one I had not seen. Good info there for those that want to edit their registry. Thanks.
legendary
Needs more jiggawatts
Well, so far so good. I'm running the beta code of bitminter for a couple weeks now. I did have to add the option -Xnosplash to my command line shortcut or the program would just stall. Win7 x64

Hmm, I haven't seen that problem before. Maybe it's firewall-related? I found this when googling it: http://www.shankh.com/2008/12/14/java-web-start-jnlp-splash-recv-failed/
Activity: 6
Well, so far so good. I'm running the beta code of bitminter for a couple weeks now. I did have to add the option -Xnosplash to my command line shortcut or the program would just stall. Win7 x64

Ibdabloke
legendary
Needs more jiggawatts
Sorry, no donation mechanism yet. But among all the changes to the database yesterday are some things to make donations possible. So I have started to pave the way for it.

I still have some other things to implement before donations, but it's coming. Thanks for wanting to support BitMinter - it will soon be possible. Smiley
Activity: 47
DrHaribo,

Have you set up a donation mechanism?  I want to support you and your miner.  It just runs and runs without any issues or many rejections.  The only time I had a problem, it was caused by the terrible Catalyst driver upgrade procedure.

Thanks,
Ali
Activity: 12
Joined this pool a few days ago, very happy so far! core i5 2500k + radeon 6870 running cgminer averaging about 330mh/s

330 MH with a 6870  Shocked. Nice overclock!

running the core at 980 and using cgminer -C
Activity: 4
Activity: 104
Merit: 10
Joined this pool a few days ago, very happy so far! core i5 2500k + radeon 6870 running cgminer averaging about 330mh/s

330 MH with a 6870  Shocked. Nice overclock!
legendary
Needs more jiggawatts
Welcome all you new members!

I hope our luck stays with us and we can keep delivering these high payouts!  Grin
Activity: 12
Activity: 490
Merit: 250
Looks fun, gonna try it out once
Activity: 9
I'm going to give this a try on my 5770's
Hey guys. I decided to join this pool! I'm getting around 84 Mhps for a GTX 295 and an i7. Is this worth it or no?

Definitely. If you have free electricity and good warranty.
Otherwise, probably not.
Pages:
Jump to: