Pages:
Author

Topic: BitShares Loves Puppies - page 17. (Read 23201 times)

Activity: 404
Merit: 250
https://nxtforum.org/
January 29, 2015, 11:33:29 PM

That's an amazing creature. 
Definitely innovative. 
What exactly is it?

That is BCNext's true experiment! Half Cat half dog. To bring the dog and the cat loving community together!
Activity: 504
Merit: 504
January 29, 2015, 09:23:26 PM
Hss the flaw in Bitshares Come from Beyond found been fixed? It only taked 22 colluding nodes to bork the chain, according to his modelling.

That was not a flaw. Just some suggestions how to improve security, if I recall correctly.

That's an amazing creature. 
Definitely innovative. 
What exactly is it?

January 29, 2015, 08:54:14 PM
Now THAT is a more civilized competition!

And now a word from our sponsor:

Bytemaster just published some insights about how the BitShares Decentralized Exchange deals with front running.

Front running happens when a broker executes his own orders prior to executing the orders of his customers. This can be extremely profitable to the broker which can buy a stock just before a large buy order pushes the price up and then sell the stock just before a large sell order pushes the price down. This can occur any time one market participant has the ability to see orders from other participants and insert new orders in front of them. BitShares has an open order book and all transactions are broadcast for all to see with up to 10 seconds notice. This means that anyone can see your order and change their order to maximize their own profit. To protect users BitShares uses a you get what you asked for (YGWYAF) market engine that produces the same result for the market participants as perfect front running. This article explains why.

Read the rest here...  How BitShares Prevents Front Running

We now resume our regularly scheduled pet tournament...

legendary
Activity: 882
Merit: 1024
January 29, 2015, 08:32:26 PM
There is no such thing as bad publicity and people are more likely to read through a thread calling Bitshares a scam than something bland and informative.

Hell, I learned a lot about Bitshares through that thread and thought the meme's were pretty funny

Just for kicks, here is another meme for you which represents Bitshares as a Cryptocurrency

Activity: 574
Merit: 500
January 29, 2015, 07:14:56 PM
Cunicula returns?

Post edited.
legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009
January 29, 2015, 07:07:47 PM
Hss the flaw in Bitshares Come from Beyond found been fixed? It only taked 22 colluding nodes to bork the chain, according to his modelling.

That was not a flaw. Just some suggestions how to improve security, if I recall correctly.

Activity: 574
Merit: 500
January 29, 2015, 06:43:36 PM
Hss the flaw improved security in Bitshares Come from Beyond suggested been fixed implemented? It only took 22 colluding nodes to bork the chain, according to his modelling.

Activity: 326
Merit: 250
King of all the land
January 29, 2015, 06:27:36 PM
This is the best thread ever.

Who doesn't love puppies???

I'm officially all in BTS. How can you resist that face??

Sorry NXT, kittens just ain't doing it for me...
Activity: 854
Merit: 1001
January 29, 2015, 05:56:24 PM
Hmmmm......think your marketing boyz should recognise that your 'favourite troll' is actually responsible for raising BTS' profile on BitCoinTalk in the last few weeks.
And, as the old saying goes, theres no such thing as bad publicity.  Not to mention that he may have a valid point or two......

Anyhow, all this is completely moot, because now that Stan has come out in favour of puppies for BTS, I have an announcement to make:

NXT! We love kittens more !

OK. NXT wins. Obviously.

Hmm, that seemed almost too easy.
January 29, 2015, 04:21:21 PM
One of the biggest strengths of BitShares, DAC is that it is able to autonomously hire its own developers and marketeers by automatically recycling a few percent of its growth to pay their salaries - without involving any corruptible manned company.  This is an often overlooked form of decentralization you don't find in many leading blockchains.

Of course, this leads to worries about whether delegates are earning their pay, so we encourage them to give periodic reports to the stakeholder community who elect and fire them.

I like to highlight delegates who are doing a particularly good job of implementing this "Hired by the Blockchain" vision.  Here is this week's admirable example of what having up to 101 paid delegate slots can do for a chain:

January 29, 2015, 02:57:15 PM
January 29, 2015, 02:55:55 PM
Our marketing guys got on my case today.

"Why do you keep posting to that thread with the negative headline?", they asked.

"Because that's where my favorite troll hangs out", I said.  
"He brings in all kinds of eyeballs with his whacky graphics!"

"Yeah, well, it doesn't look good.  Can't you move to a thread with a more positive headline?", they grumbled.

"But nobody will stop by without some gratuitous controversy", I pleaded.
"His negative thread is where all the eyeballs will be!  There's been nearly over 7000 views on that one thread alone!"

"Don't worry", they assured me, "Your troll will move to the new thread if that's the only place you post."
"Then you can have the best of both worlds!  A warm, fuzzy headline and lots of great troll droppings!"

I'm still a bit skeptical, but I promised them I would give it a try.  So here goes.

BitShares Loves Puppies!

These are actual Great Pyrenees puppies raised by BitShares Founder Dan "Bytemaster" Larimer.

Stay tuned to this thread for periodic updates about what we're doing at BitShares.
(Historically we've been criticized for sticking mostly to BitSharestalk.org Forum.)
But as you can see, we've recently started working hard to bring more useful content here.  Hope you like it!

Stan Larimer
BitShares Delegate
Pages:
Jump to: