Pages:
Author

Topic: BitShares PTS (formerly ProtoShares) Mandatory Upgrade & Snapshot Announcement - page 45. (Read 218419 times)

Activity: 771
Merit: 258
Trident Protocol | Simple «buy-hold-earn» system!
sorry for the noob question, but I am seeing 0.00000 kh/s using the pool.
What am I doing wrong, I recieve the data, I see when it is solved.. but I am apparently not mining?

Give it time, it might take upto 10 mins. It will show eventually.
yes, when it goes from "0" to "0.000000" it means its starting up...
Activity: 592
Merit: 500
What am I doing wrong, I recieve the data, I see when it is solved.. but I am apparently not mining?

Give it time, it might take upto 10 mins. It will show eventually.
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003
Activity: 518
Merit: 521
Okay I now understand why bytemaster doesn't understand why I am correct.

They are assuming I was talking about replacing memory with computation, and they apparently didn't even bother to take the time to understand that is not what I am saying:

http://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=22.msg1695#msg1695
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
i got some blocks near the start but nothing for 2 days, on 2 linux machines, one running 4 threads for 40hpm and the other 2 threads for 6hpm.
Using the poolminer ptsminer 64bit version with 4 threads off github, in linux i get 40 hp/m and got roughly .6 coin in an hour, with the windows 64 version from the pool I've been getting 20hp/m for 1.6 coin in 40mins. anyone care too share why there's such a big difference. linux didn't get as many share but it had 0 rejects where as windows has roughly 60/40(accepted/rejected) split. i assume the windows version doesn't have AVX support?

Admittedly an hour isn't much of a test.
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
‘Try to be nice’
judging by the posts so far im having some serious luck with mining so far apparently ^_^ got a total of 413PTS so far.
mining on i5 with 12H/m mining using setgenerate -1 seems to give me a bonus 2 H/m

A ha !
Activity: 695
Is anyone else getting 80% reject shares on that pool?

Yes, but I've only just started..

Can anyone else concoure?  Is this normal.  Is there a success rate?  Or is solo mining proven better with the time you've mined?  Please share.

from my experience the rejects getting less and less the longer you mine, mbe just a coincidence but it seems like it.

Have you alrady recived payment? semms like the pool found some blocks alrady since I startet and I hav not gotten any shares of them

yes i already got payment, they pay after you reached 1 coin. in the stats section you can search the blocks for your adress to see your balance

Yapiiii, just got paid 1 PTS Smiley
thanks did that, it's doin smth but alot of rejects tho, is it a low server or something?

I might be wrong on that last bit of the line being cpu cores. You will get 100% rejects at first, I have only just got my 3rd share accepted!
Just give it some time, I'm guessing it took me 10 or so mins so be patient. Just waiting for some indication of earnings on the website now.
Activity: 99
Merit: 10
thanks did that, it's doin smth but alot of rejects tho, is it a low server or something?
what's this pool everyone keeps talking about? where and how ?

This is the pool http://54.238.185.113/

Download the miner in the "getting started section.

Extract somewhere then right click on the x32 or x64 .exe's and ; Right click - Send to - Desktop.

Right click on the new shortcut on your desktop and add this line to the end of the target field
 -pooluser=YOURPTSADD -poolpassword=0 -poolip=54.238.185.113 -poolport=2336 -genproclimit=numberofcpucoreshere 1-8

YOURPTSADD being the receiving address for your mined coins.
‘Try to be nice’
So I don't know, maybe the big servers are just not good at this coin
Perhaps run some memory benchmarks on the two.
I wonder if ECC (assuming those servers have it) could add some latency?

You could be right.  My i5 seems to get gaining blocks better then my Xeon with ECC
I'm having the opposite, by Xeon's with ECC are the only ones getting blocks (3). Thus far, nothing valid on my i5 or i7. But please let us know if your benchmarking turns up anything interesting.

You know what,  i think i see a pattern here,
and that's what im designed to do.

We have a set of miners here , of various technical knowledge of the specifics involved.

That is to say :

From  

1. Reads the front page , follows the instructions starts mining .

To

2. Analyze the source recompile , understand the memory aspects tries to optimize.

Could we generally say team noob won ?
Which means ...

Start posting your setgenerate  # , specs and how many blocks.

And lets see .....

In other words ( ive been known to be less than clear in the past)

I think you guys are somehow "saturating" the memory by trying to utilize to full capacity and the algorithm is designed to move against that , whereas the guys that read the front page just set 1 2 or 3.

And walked away didnt.
Activity: 99
Merit: 10
what's this pool everyone keeps talking about? where and how ?
Activity: 504

Can anyone else concoure?  Is this normal.  Is there a success rate?  Or is solo mining proven better with the time you've mined?  Please share.

from my experience the rejects getting less and less the longer you mine, mbe just a coincidence but it seems like it.

Have you alrady recived payment? semms like the pool found some blocks alrady since I startet and I hav not gotten any shares of them

yes i already got payment, they pay after you reached 1 coin. in the stats section you can search the blocks for your adress to see your balance
‘Try to be nice’
Yeah my powerful dedicated servers out on the net are still doing poorly compared to some of the crappy old core two duos here at home. Its a crapshoot/lottery.

-MarkM-

Do you think this is just due to the diff , stales and the luck this early in Markm ?

I don't know, some posts have indicated that hyperthreads or hardware threads or whatever it is that makes four real cores get seen as an talked about as eight cores or threads might by a problem. But, my actual hashes per minute is shown as more than twice as many on those boxes as on any boxes here at home. The posts about the type of core or thread didn't mention whether the problems they are about would leave hashes per minute high while not really finding blocks or would make the hashes per mintue low so that I'd see the machines are not really performing well.

I am though starting to consider putting those boxes back onto primecoin and doing protoshares only at home because still the home machines seem to do better than the seemingly (according to hashes per minute readout) better remote servers. The stuff people said about latency/connections also should make the remote servers better than my home boxes as the home boxes have no incoming ports so only get to go up to 8 connections whereas the remote ones have like 120 connections or so. Plus my home line is no-where near the bandwidth the remote servers have.

So I don't know, maybe the big servers are just not good at this coin despite supposedly higher hashes per minute, whereas for primecoin all the boxes here at home went a week or two without finding any blocks while the remote servers keep on finding them (not fast, and likely not enough to pay for the servers, but the servers are paid for a year up front anyway so might as well let them pay a little of their cost.)

-MarkM-

Cheers,  yeah we have " hardware"  servers and I think they are doing ok , ill get the specs hopefully I can contribute to the mystery. 

That is to say thay are blades in a data center,  Not " cloud" hosted. 
Activity: 695

Can anyone else concoure?  Is this normal.  Is there a success rate?  Or is solo mining proven better with the time you've mined?  Please share.

Does anyone have a guide on how to make the pool work please?  Noobie miner here

put this in a bat file:

ptsminer_x64 -pooluser=PdDcdWJdXzzKBNzTiVG2DPZuno5o4eMcRG -poolpassword=0 -poolip=54.238.185.113 -poolport=2336 -genproclimit=4

if the miner exe is in the same folder. otherwise instead of "ptsminer_x64" input the complete path to the miner file(i would always add the full path). hf

Should I replace the -pooluser address with my own protoshares address?

yes ofc! except you want to do some charity Wink
Activity: 252

Can anyone else concoure?  Is this normal.  Is there a success rate?  Or is solo mining proven better with the time you've mined?  Please share.
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
Activity: 252
Does anyone have a guide on how to make the pool work please?  Noobie miner here

put this in a bat file:

ptsminer_x64 -pooluser=PdDcdWJdXzzKBNzTiVG2DPZuno5o4eMcRG -poolpassword=0 -poolip=54.238.185.113 -poolport=2336 -genproclimit=4

if the miner exe is in the same folder. otherwise instead of "ptsminer_x64" input the complete path to the miner file(i would always add the full path). hf

Should I replace the -pooluser address with my own protoshares address?

Yes
Pages:
Jump to: