Pages:
Author

Topic: BitShares PTS (formerly ProtoShares) Mandatory Upgrade & Snapshot Announcement - page 50. (Read 218419 times)

Activity: 695
Merit: 500
10 hpm 3570k windows7 64

2x11hpm 6core i7 on debian7 64

no block found within 6 hours

is it bad luck or normal ?

Pretty normal.

I've got about 300HPm in my farm with only 4 blocks since genesis

I think it all depends on the Internet conection, if you have a high ping (US and or EU) you will get a lott of stalles.
Search in the log fiele for "generated block is stale" and count how many you got, I bet its a lott.
Well this is just a theory, but I think it could be that way...now would be interesting how many stalles you got and mybe your Internet ping.
Btw, I got 11 stalles and one exeptet block untill the difficulty got adjusted. Have a 260-300 ping to US/EU server.
legendary
Activity: 2254
Merit: 1043
Pretty normal.

This is VERY strange, I got way more blocks with more or less the same amount of HPM, what was your setup ?
BTW, I was using about 100 low power instances running Ubuntu 10.4.

IMO, a very optimized miner is already out, otherwise the lack of blocks has no explanation.

13 blocks found so far at 13.9hpm (I5 2500k @ 4.Cool
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
I managed to make 8 threads work with an Amazon EC2 instance.  Run "free -m" to see if it's dying due to memory starvation.  You'll need ~750MB memory per thread, so make sure you have at least 6GB free.
If you do and it still crashes, make sure you're running a 64-bit version of linux.

What is your hashespermin on EC2?
Activity: 637
Pretty normal.

This is VERY strange, I got way more blocks with more or less the same amount of HPM, what was your setup ?
BTW, I was using about 100 low power instances running Ubuntu 10.4.

IMO, a very optimized miner is already out, otherwise the lack of blocks has no explanation.
Activity: 315
Merit: 250

Question: why do I see in the log:
Found Hash 00049945caf793d422dccfb56212d35a3161b9b960315a806099c4df3c9e5c94
hash 00049945caf793d422dccfb56212d35a3161b9b960315a806099c4df3c9e5c94
hash2 00049945caf793d422dccfb56212d35a3161b9b960315a806099c4df3c9e5c94
ProtoSharesMiner:
proof-of-work found

but still nothing added in the QT....
(multiple-times occuring in log)

ok some lines further in log:
ERROR: ProtoSharesMiner : generated block is stale

https://github.com/InvictusInnovations/ProtoShares/blob/psforkinit/src/main.cpp
line:4521

(printf's are log lines:)

//// debug print
    printf("ProtoSharesMiner:\n");
    printf("proof-of-work found \n hash: %s \ntarget: %s\n", hash.GetHex().c_str(), hashTarget.GetHex().c_str());
    pblock->print();
    printf("generated %s\n", FormatMoney(pblock->vtx[0].vout[0].nValue).c_str());

// Found a solution
    {
        LOCK(cs_main);
        if (pblock->hashPrevBlock != hashBestChain)
            return error("ProtoSharesMiner : generated block is stale");

// Remove key from key pool
        reservekey.KeepKey();

// Track how many getdata requests this block gets
        {
            LOCK(wallet.cs_wallet);
            wallet.mapRequestCount[pblock->GetHash()] = 0;
        }

// Process this block the same as if we had received it from another node
        CValidationState state;
        if (!ProcessBlock(state, NULL, pblock))
            return error("ProtoSharesMiner : ProcessBlock, block not accepted");
    }

Activity: 434
Merit: 254
Editor-in-Chief of Let's Talk Bitcoin!
10 hpm 3570k windows7 64

Pretty normal.

Wow, unlucky! I got in about 12 hours late with one computer and found three blocks in 18 hours @ 6hpm
Activity: 44
Merit: 0
10 hpm 3570k windows7 64

Pretty normal.

Activity: 103
Merit: 10
Can some explain exactly how to run two instances on windows? I keep getting an invalid directory error when I try.

I wrote this small guide to run 2 instances on windows.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/mini-guide-to-run-multiple-instance-of-protoshares-for-windows-326665

Perfect, thanks. Is it possible to do something similar on linux? The dameon keeps crashing when I try to set setgenerate to 8.

I managed to make 8 threads work with an Amazon EC2 instance.  Run "free -m" to see if it's dying due to memory starvation.  You'll need ~750MB memory per thread, so make sure you have at least 6GB free.
If you do and it still crashes, make sure you're running a 64-bit version of linux.

I was using an azure instance with 14gb of memory, what distro were you using?
legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1000
Need a campaign manager? PM me
Whenever I turn off and on it tries catching up at least an hour back.

Got absolutely nothing in 2 days now Huh
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
Can some explain exactly how to run two instances on windows? I keep getting an invalid directory error when I try.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/mini-guide-to-run-multiple-instance-of-protoshares-for-windows-326665

Perfect, thanks. Is it possible to do something similar on linux? The dameon keeps crashing when I try to set setgenerate to 8.

Activity: 292

I've no clue about linux, can't help with that.

Activity: 252

Invalid dir means you didnt create the dir
Activity: 292

Activity: 78
Merit: 14
10 hpm 3570k windows7 64

Guys, the momentum-proof-of-work algorithm is really slow to check a hash. Remember, you have to check a bunch of hashes until you find a collision (birthday problem), and then hash that collision to see if you are below the mandated number. My i7 desktop was able to do 10-12 per minute, which means that each hash check took like 6-7 seconds. The client doesn't stop the current cycle and sometimes you might find one where someone else found another one.

Right now, there's one found every minute or so, which means that there's a good chance someone else finds another solution.
Activity: 504
is there a optimized miner out yet?

You can compile it yourself with needed optimizations for your target cpu

any hints on whats important?
Activity: 560
If I stop a wallet as I need to restart a pc for any reason, does this mean the mining has lost its work and hours put it?

No
Activity: 102
I think it is normal.  I have 43 cores (non-HT) that have been working for 48 hours and have only found 4 blocks.  I am trying to decide if I should go back to XPM or power up the other 88 cores I have but have to pay electricity for....

10 hpm 3570k windows7 64

Activity: 728
cryptoshark
10 hpm 3570k windows7 64

Pages: