Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitstamp BLOCKs withdrawals to verified users - page 7. (Read 11656 times)

legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1001
RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME

With the greatest of respect, you're an idiot.

They HAVE to comply with KYC and AML laws. If they don't, their business and our funds are at risk. How do you NOT get that. This isn't an unregulated alt exchange - Bitstamp interfaces with the fiat banking system, if they don't play by the fiat banking system's rules, they are finished.

How they didn't terminate your account and ban you is beyond me.
Lol "professional anarchist" telling me I have to play by the rules.

He's right though and depending how much money you had on the exchange, you might have committed a financial crime by lying about your identity. Using a fake name and withdrawing/depositing money under it, IS money laundering, and what you have done, a crime.

Bitstamps best course of action at this point is to actually just seize your funds and block your account. What they do with that money they will have to let lawyers decide at some later date, but most likely they will just let it sit on their balance for years before attempting to do anything with it. You've committed a crime and attempted to make them your accomplice. Until they have better guidance from the government on what to do, the best thing is to do nothing- including not responding to your support emails (as they could say something that would get them in trouble later on). They will probably pass on your details to whichever financial enforcement agency is responsible and let them decide to prosecute you or not at their leisure.

Either way, you've essentially forfeited your money in the near-term.
legendary
Activity: 1623
Merit: 1608
This.

Assuming this is true, it's kind of weird, as it does not look remotely similar to KYC questionnaires handed out by traditional banks in the euro area. Of course some of the questions would have to be different, but a bank is not allowed to ask a customer where his/her funds come from. In some countries, tax authorities have the power to go through banking records and ask this very question even in the absence of a subpoena; what banks can do is transmit information on suspicious transfers to the proper government offices, but they are not directly interacting with the client on the matter of where the money comes from.

I would be more worried about malicious use of this data on the part of Bitstamp than anything.

The request about mining equipment specification baffles me entirely.

I am quite convinced Bitstamp is not using this information maliciously. They have always provided an excellent service, very professional.
Activity: 364
Merit: 257
This.

Assuming this is true, it's kind of weird, as it does not look remotely similar to KYC questionnaires handed out by traditional banks in the euro area. Of course some of the questions would have to be different, but a bank is not allowed to ask a customer where his/her funds come from. In some countries, tax authorities have the power to go through banking records and ask this very question even in the absence of a subpoena; what banks can do is transmit information on suspicious transfers to the proper government offices, but they are not directly interacting with the client on the matter of where the money comes from.

I would be more worried about malicious use of this data on the part of Bitstamp than anything.

The request about mining equipment specification baffles me entirely.
legendary
Activity: 1623
Merit: 1608
I was asked those same questions one month ago. After answering them, I withdrew my funds without issues.

I have been honest with all the information I provided to Bitstamp, but for whatever reason, I cannot withdraw bitcoin funds at the moment.
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
Professional anarchist

If you want to interface with the fiat banking system, you have absolutely no choice.

If you don't want to interface with banks, go on to LocalBitcoins and buy for cash.
Activity: 980
Merit: 256
Decentralized Ascending Auctions on Blockchain

They HAVE to comply with KYC and AML laws. If they don't, their business and our funds are at risk. How do you NOT get that. This isn't an unregulated alt exchange - Bitstamp interfaces with the fiat banking system, if they don't play by the fiat banking system's rules, they are finished.

Professional anarchist
Their support is terrible.

I admit I used a fake name when I set it up, so I asked for problems, but now it's been months of me being ignored.

My 30 day volume is measured in millions. I withdraw all the time and have never been asked any questions.

yeah but that doesn't mean they can't pull bullshit moves on other people.

Their support is terrible.

I admit I used a fake name when I set it up, so I asked for problems, but now it's been months of me being ignored.

Activity: 6

Hope it's not beginning...
Fuck fuck fuck... I've sent the order on 24th...

I've withdrawn few time from them with zero problems, execution was 1-2 days that's why I waited...
Professional anarchist
I'm baffled by this as Bitstamp aren't widely known to pull these kind of bullshit manoeuvres but there have been complaints about this sort of thing with people who are from places like Slovakia, what country are you from?

Bitstamp is on balkan former Yugoslavia.

Plenty of people get confused between Slovenia and Slovakia Smiley

Both beautiful places by the way.
Activity: 129
I'm baffled by this as Bitstamp aren't widely known to pull these kind of bullshit manoeuvres but there have been complaints about this sort of thing with people who are from places like Slovakia, what country are you from?

Bitstamp is on balkan former Yugoslavia.
Professional anarchist

Perhaps they should ask no questions, then customer coins can get stolen and the Bitstamp bank account can get seized - and we can all complain we got gox'd.

My 30 day volume is measured in millions. I withdraw all the time and have never been asked any questions.
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
As has been repeatedly said, Bitstamp is not regulated. Just because they have a KYC procedure doesn't mean they do things properly.
They are still mixing all client funds on a corporate account, without any kind of financial license whatsoever.
This will end bad, when UniCredit decides the party is over, then the party is over, Bitstamp gets sued in Slovenia, fined, pays the fine from customer deposits (which are legally their property since they sit on the corporate account), just like this happened to MtGox in France in 2011.
Kraken is in the same case, friendly bank, for now, but zero financial compliance despite all their marketing efforts to advertise the opposite.
The easy way to see this kind of stuff is :
-Are you sending funds to an account in the name of the company owning the exchange? Yes? Bad.
-Is there any sort of financial registration number in their ToS? No? Bad.
The same happened to MtGox in France in 2012, in the US in 2013 and will repeatedly happen until bitcoiners go through the trouble of actually reading the ToS of exchanges with which they sign-up.
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000
I wish they'd ask me some KYC questions, I just get ignored.

Funny thing is I moved at least 60k out, but 4k set them off and they asked me for more ID.

Activity: 420
"to endure to achieve"
@OnkelPaul - excellent LOL Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1029
OP did you respond to them as they asked before writing it on this forum?
Where EXACTLY is problem? All they ask from you is to respond to them. How did you get to conclusion that it's another gox in the making?!
Professional anarchist
FUD. Pure and simple.

Perhaps they should give your coins to anyone who sounds like you. Of course, then you'd be complaining that you got Gox'd.

Grow up.
Activity: 420
"to endure to achieve"
I've filled it previously, sent them my id and bill and registration card. Then entered the bank data with swiftcode etc.

Now the ask for this:
We received your withdrawal request. As your withdrawal request met some of our volume and frequency thresholds, we will have to kindly ask you to help us better understand the nature of your relationship with Bitstamp. In order to do so, we require that an additional KYC (know your customer) procedure is completed before we can proceed with the processing of your transfer.

We kindly ask you to send us a high resolution image double page of your international passport and answer the following KYC questionnaire:
1. How did you learn about Bitcoin?
2. The purpose of trading on Bitstamp?
3. What is the origin of the deposited Bitcoins? If mining, please specify your hardware specifications and submit a receipt or an invoice for your mining equipment.
4. What are your future plans and activities planned on our exchange?
5. Do you plan more withdrawals in the future?
6. Which bank are you using? Please provide the complete address and SWIFT code.

We kindly ask you to submit your answers and documents in a reply to this ticket.

Is this a request/ticket via their official site while you are logged into your account?
Or is it an email?
First check if it is a legit email sender from Bitstamp.
legendary
Activity: 1039
Merit: 1004
Don't know about the details of your attempted transaction that would trigger their KYC machinery, but you're probably not just trying to withdraw 0.5 BTC or 300$ or similar neglectable amounts.

So if their KYC rules require you to answer their question, you should probably answer them:
>1. How did you learn about Bitcoin?
Read about it on the interwebs.
>2. The purpose of trading on Bitstamp?
Become filthy rich.
>3. What is the origin of the deposited Bitcoins? If mining, please specify your hardware specifications and submit a receipt or an invoice for your mining equipment.
I got them in return for a pizza in 2010.
>4. What are your future plans and activities planned on our exchange?
If I have to answer more of these questions, my plan is to leave your exchange for good.
>5. Do you plan more withdrawals in the future?
Yes, until all of my money is in my bank account and my BTCs are in my wallet.
>6. Which bank are you using? Please provide the complete address and SWIFT code.
I already did, don't you keep records?

Onkel Paul
Pages:
Jump to: