Pages:
Author

Topic: ► Bitstamp.net sucks ◄ ► They closed my account without any reason ◄ - page 2. (Read 2921 times)

legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087
Bitstamp is known for tight security (if you can call that closing people's accounts). About 2 years ago they went on a rampage and terminated all unverified account.

More info here: https://www.bitstamp.net/article/final-notice-to-unverified-account-holders/

So it seems they introduced next level of this strategy. This time they will close accounts for selected users who are not 100% flawless according to their system.
It is probably due to some new AML or other KYC policy.

well my account was verified, everything worked out just fine. What I don't understand is why they didn't want to tell me what I did "wrong" I mean.... and then, to close the account, not giving me back my 3 btc! that's just illegal, then the fact that they don't reply anymore.. I mean WTF seriously. I'm thinking about just flying up to London and claim my account balance..

they're somewhere in Slovenia.  their only presence in Britain was a post box and that's probably lapsed by now anyway.
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000
Bitcoiner since start, and continue to love it!

They are just stupid ... in my opinion Smiley
Since I sent them all the requested documents (verified twice) and also proofs from where I got those bitcoins ... they had no reason to close my account.
But they are hiding behind that TOS which does not give us any rights (at least to get a fair explanation).
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
All of the bitcoin exchange platform sucks this days, bitfinex can't be trusted , poloniex doesn't support USD pair, USDT (tether) have their own problems, Yobit can't be trusted for bitcoin trading.

Actually bitstamp and kraken are the only option right now for bitcoin traders and both of them sucks with their tight KYC policy.

We need decentralized trading platform, we have one bitsquare but there is not much trading volume.
Activity: 6
Merit: 0
Bitstamp is known for tight security (if you can call that closing people's accounts). About 2 years ago they went on a rampage and terminated all unverified account.

More info here: https://www.bitstamp.net/article/final-notice-to-unverified-account-holders/

So it seems they introduced next level of this strategy. This time they will close accounts for selected users who are not 100% flawless according to their system.

well my account was verified, everything worked out just fine. What I don't understand is why they didn't want to tell me what I did "wrong" I mean.... and then, to close the account, not giving me back my 3 btc! that's just illegal, then the fact that they don't reply anymore.. I mean WTF seriously. I'm thinking about just flying up to London and claim my account balance..
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087
I don't trust any exchange any more. even if they're legit that means they'll screw you because of that.

if I eve do have to get out of crypto I'm doing it otc with a reputable broker.

what good are all these alt pumps when you can only withdraw a couple grand a day from poloniex?
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1005
★Nitrogensports.eu★

Activity: 6
Merit: 0
Hey superiorus,

the same happened to me the 21st april. They sent me the same email, replied just once and then didn't bother at all to give me more informations about the refund or the schedule when they plan to refund me. They don't reply, I tried to call several times - nothing. Still by today, I didn't get anything..

So how long did you have to wait for the wire transfer?

Regards,
Alex

EDIT: they transferred back the money today (8th may) with the BTC/EUR exchange of the 20th (as far as I can remember) so I didn't llose anything, but I didn't make the profit of nearly 30% either. At least I'm back to square 1
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000
Bitcoiner since start, and continue to love it!
Bitstamp.net has decided to close my 4 years old account 100% verified (they have my national ID, driving license, proof of address, bank statement, credit card statement, etc).
I made xxxxx$ transactions in the past without any problem (buy, sell, deposit, withdraw, exchange bitcoin).
A week ago I made a exchange btc to eur (344.59 euro) and requested a withdrawal.
After 7 days they sent me this:

Dear XXX  XXX,

After careful consideration, Bitstamp decided to terminate Your access to Your Account in accordance with our Terms of Use. Your account will be terminated from the date of this notice having been received by you. This notice shall be treated as having been served upon completion of the transmission of this email.

The decision to terminate your Account has been reached following a close examination of your recent account activity and information which you have provided. It is our view that any continuation of our relationship would not be appropriate at this time due to internal policies.

Your account balance will be returned to the bank account specified in your last withdrawal from Bitstamp, costs withheld.

No reason, no explanation, nothing ...
They sent me 319.59 eur to my attached bank account.
They take 25 euro fee ... for a SEPA transfer which normally costs 0.15 euro cents.

Conclusion: Bitstamp sucks!
Pages:
Jump to: