Pages:
Author

Topic: Bittrex, not accepting bitcoins... - page 4. (Read 2335 times)

legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007
July 23, 2017, 06:40:47 AM
They are protecting their users coins in case the chain splits to prevent malicious transactions.

Shortly after the split, it should be clear what chain will lead and things should return to normal soon.
By me they took it too serious. Users can't handle their funds for 10 days? Or more?
They should be able to, after they click big button for example with "I UNDERSTAND RISKS INVOLVED".

It's a bit early indeed, I agree.

You can always trade it for an altcoin and withdraw that from bittrex.
Activity: 840
Merit: 266
July 23, 2017, 06:37:14 AM
They said that they will handle the split if ever happened https://support.bittrex.com/hc/en-us/articles/115000761392 so can we trust them with this ?

Never thought they will lock BTC that early I still have some BTC in there but the promise of them handling the split on both chain "Quoting from there article" (  Bittrex will take all reasonable steps to ensure that customer funds can be preserved on both chains. ) make me not worry or should I ?
legendary
Activity: 2296
Merit: 1014
July 23, 2017, 06:28:06 AM
They are protecting their users coins in case the chain splits to prevent malicious transactions.

Shortly after the split, it should be clear what chain will lead and things should return to normal soon.
By me they took it too serious. Users can't handle their funds for 10 days? Or more?
They should be able to, after they click big button for example with "I UNDERSTAND RISKS INVOLVED".
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007
July 23, 2017, 06:26:31 AM

Activity: 7
Merit: 0
July 23, 2017, 06:24:03 AM
I had recently seen that bittrex is not accepting bitcoins, which means that i cant deposit nor withdraw. It says until BIP-91 is settled, the btc wallet will be disabled.

I would like to know till when this BIP-91 will be settled? and moreover segwit will happen from 1st august, so i wont be able to transfer from that time.
I have some bitcoins in coinsecure and i want to transfer them to bittrex and exchange them for some other currency...

Any suggestions on investing in other currencies on bittrex?
Pages:
Jump to: