Pages:
Author

Topic: Bittrex - source of funds - page 2. (Read 1326 times)

Activity: 2562
Merit: 577
January 17, 2021, 01:48:49 AM
Bittrex are thieves. They seized my funds (luckily only dust amounts) with their stupid KYC shit. So I wouldn't be surprised if they're running a new scam now with the "source of funds" nonsense.

Yeah reason why they are gradually becoming obsolete, their unnecessary strictness has brought nothing but complete disregard on their part, in my case I lost my 2fa recovery key and I wrote to the customer support for deactivation but those guys keep giving me the run around with kyc bullshit, even after going through the process of sending selfie Pic and other requirements they still won't solve my problem, I got pissed and just let it be, don't have much in the account anyways.
Bittrex are complete pain.
Activity: 1
Merit: 0
January 11, 2021, 08:01:11 PM
Received same "source of funds" mail and a link to open an account at zendesk site. First I suspected it is some kind of spam or phishing but it is real. Quickly found this thread and immediately moved my funds away.

It is unbelieveable, am a long term regular user, I did KYC long time ago. I did not used their exchange very often but had coins in my account with this crappy exchange.

I was very stressed while waiting they are approving withdrawal request. It took them about 30 minutes to approve. Thanks to OP.
Activity: 76
November 21, 2020, 04:53:08 PM
Not spam. I checked that they really opened a ticket on their support system themselves requesting the source of funds information.
I use them since 2017 and first time I get such request.
legendary
Activity: 2955
Merit: 1049
November 21, 2020, 08:26:59 AM
I received this email today. I also withdraw all my funds after it. Have too many people getting the funds frozen even they submitting the requested info. I choose not to take the risk.

have you got an email like this before?

and clicked on it?

SPAM or not?

Activity: 76
November 20, 2020, 11:51:54 PM
I received this email today. I also withdraw all my funds after it. Have too many people getting the funds frozen even they submitting the requested info. I choose not to take the risk.
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 18587
October 24, 2020, 04:23:53 PM
The email certainly looks legit. The links contained also look legit, but make sure they don't actually direct you to other URLs and that there are no holograph attacks.

BittrexGlobal is an official branch of Bittrex, and the Twitter account of the same name is also an official one.

To me, this seems like a genuine request for information. If, as you say, your account has been disabled in the meantime, then it has almost certainly come from Bittrex and not spam or a hack.

If you are in any doubt, then contact them directly to confirm.
legendary
October 24, 2020, 01:13:24 PM

but

is @BittrexExchange the only official twitter account
or @BittrexGlobal too (or a fake account?)
and
is this a member of real Bittrex? Quinn @ Bittrex Global?

all in mail redirects to BittrexGlobal twitter which seems suspect...

Activity: 2520
Merit: 783
October 24, 2020, 11:19:48 AM

is this SPAM or true or hacked?

from
[email protected]
(it is as reply from a ticked one have never made...)

account disabled
no trade and no withdraw possible...

Read the comments of the user since seems you have similar issue with OP,  but the verify all things about the mail receive just message their support and ask about the message you receive if it's legit coming from them and ask why your account has been disabled.

If you ask here for sure you will get an unsure answers.
legendary
October 24, 2020, 10:06:03 AM

is this SPAM or true or hacked?

from
[email protected]
(it is as reply from a ticked one have never made...)

account disabled
no trade and no withdraw possible...

legendary
Activity: 3472
Merit: 1721
June 07, 2020, 04:18:23 PM
Some companies will ask to have a skype/video conversation in lieu of asking for a selfie to ascertain the account isn't stolen (or created using someone else's dox), so asking for mugshots seems tame in comparison.

But the proof of source requests take the cake, it's a shame they have become significantly more prevalent in the past few years. My experiences with banks have been a lot more positive even in cases where I'm certain the bank didn't/couldn't have much info about higher value transactions.
mk4
legendary
Activity: 2786
Merit: 3845
Paldo.io 🤖
June 07, 2020, 10:49:22 AM
This is the first time I have ever, ever heard of such a requirement from anyone, certainly no non crypto organisation. You can still run a trillion dollars through your bank account with a proof of address and a bit of ID and not even a hint of a selfie.  

If a normalton's bank called up and ordered them to take a series of mugshots before they could access their money again they'd wonder what the fuck was going on and run straight to the press.

Other than leaving we have no choice of course, but it's strange how many people in cryptoland regard this as normal. Compared to every other area of finance I've dealt with it sure as shit is not.

For sure. Not even the ever-so-controversial Coinbase requires such ludicrous photos. I don't think people in cryptoland regard this as normal though, hence the recent publicity on this issue. But one thing's a bit safe to assume, A LOT of people don't give a crap about their privacy unfortunately, mostly due to ignorance.
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 18587
June 07, 2020, 10:38:37 AM
I've been a fully verified customer for several years though so would not expect them to go so far as to freeze my funds without any notice
You certainly wouldn't be the first person it had happened to, and Bittrex certainly wouldn't be the first exchange to do it. Plenty of verified users have their accounts frozen while facing demands for "enhanced" verification, proof of source of funds, employment information, etc.

they even asked to write a word bittrex on a piece of paper with the current date of taking a selfie with the ID and a video and that's bullsh*t to me, so stop after they asked.
That's actually less scummy than asking for your employment history and all the other ridiculous details that OP was asked for. I would completely avoid performing KYC at al all, but by asking you for a selfie holding the word Bittrex and the date, they are simply trying to verify that you haven't stolen or bought someone else's documents. The information OP was asked for, on the other hand, is way over the top. I've given away less information to take out a mortgage.
legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014
Welt Am Draht
June 07, 2020, 05:14:24 AM
Huh. Interesting. Regardless, I personally mostly understand why certain businesses require AML/KYC(because of regulatory reasons), this is just too much in my opinion.

This is the first time I have ever, ever heard of such a requirement from anyone, certainly no non crypto organisation. You can still run a trillion dollars through your bank account with a proof of address and a bit of ID and not even a hint of a selfie.  

If a normalton's bank called up and ordered them to take a series of mugshots before they could access their money again they'd wonder what the fuck was going on and run straight to the press.

Other than leaving we have no choice of course, but it's strange how many people in cryptoland regard this as normal. Compared to every other area of finance I've dealt with it sure as shit is not.
mk4
legendary
Paldo.io 🤖
June 07, 2020, 01:20:15 AM
that might be a matter of jurisdiction. they've been doing the mugshot thing for at least a year now on bittrex.com (USA). the OP of this thread is a global (non-USA) customer.

Huh. Interesting. Regardless, I personally mostly understand why certain businesses require AML/KYC(because of regulatory reasons), this is just too much in my opinion.

Currently in the process of closing my old Bittrex account even if it's been more than 2 years since I last used it.
legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1860
June 06, 2020, 11:20:39 PM
I have an at least 3-year old verified Bittrex account but I withdrew everything just a few months ago. I didn't receive such email. I guess they are more focused on accounts with balances than on those that are empty. They have nothing to gain with the latter, after all.

But you are extremely lucky for not complying and getting away with your funds. They must have missed freezing your funds there. After all, they do that even to those who complied.

Looks like you got the slightly "better" end of the KYC requirement.
[...]
Required: Please submit the following 3 images: An image of you looking directly at the camera, another image of you looking off to the right, and a final image of you looking off to the left. All 3 photos are required for all requests.
This is insane.

Things are getting more insane these days. From KYC to source of funds to mug shots. You name it. And not only on international platforms but also on local ones.

A month or two ago, I also underwent a confirmation process which asked me record a video turning my head around. I don't know what's that specifically for. They're just asking weird things. How I wish I could turn my head 360 degrees like a possessed man. That might have expedited the entire process.
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1483
June 06, 2020, 08:03:46 PM
even bitfinex is doing these "source of funds" checks even as they hide out in the BVI. the crypto wild west is basically dead. if the seychelles exchanges (bitmex, binance, poloniex) are ever brought into line, it'll be completely dead.

Apparently Bittrex is requiring freakin mugshot photos from this one really unlucky dude on Reddit LOL. I'd delete my account on Bittrex(if you have that option) as soon as possible.

https://www.reddit.com/r/CryptoCurrency/comments/gx9lxq/bittrex_kyc_wants_left_profile_straight_on_and/

that might be a matter of jurisdiction. they've been doing the mugshot thing for at least a year now on bittrex.com (USA). the OP of this thread is a global (non-USA) customer.
copper member
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1305
Limited in number. Limitless in potential.
June 06, 2020, 01:16:41 PM
What reasons did they give for the rejection? Sometimes they witter on about not enough resolution for the documents. Or more likely they just intend to keep the money even if you take them back in time to watch the moments where your money arrived in your account.
I actually I had verified account just last year or 2018 I guess, and after opening my account last few months, I don't know what's the reason for resubmitting verification, they even asked to write a word bittrex on a piece of paper with the current date of taking a selfie with the ID and a video and that's bullsh*t to me, so stop after they asked.

[...]
Required: Please submit the following 3 images: An image of you looking directly at the camera, another image of you looking off to the right, and a final image of you looking off to the left. All 3 photos are required for all requests.
This is insane.
legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014
Welt Am Draht
June 06, 2020, 10:13:07 AM
That one's a first. I presume next up is having to measure one's nose to make sure you're not too Jewish.

They'll probably ask black folks to measure the volume of their skull with saline solution too.

I would respond to that with a photo of my undercarriage.
mk4
legendary
Paldo.io 🤖
June 06, 2020, 09:50:55 AM

Apparently Bittrex is requiring freakin mugshot photos from this one really unlucky dude on Reddit LOL. I'd delete my account on Bittrex(if you have that option) as soon as possible.

Will not be using Bittrex anymore.

They just disabled my account and said the reason is I need to resubmit verification. I've already done this before and was fully verified. But now, they want even more photos and from multiple angles.

Fucking ridiculous they would need three extra photo to verify it's you. My guess is they hired a third party company for facial recognition verification, and this third party is building the ultimate gov database with this. Orwellian bullshit.
https://www.reddit.com/r/CryptoCurrency/comments/gx9lxq/bittrex_kyc_wants_left_profile_straight_on_and/
Activity: 125
Merit: 35
June 06, 2020, 07:02:44 AM
Good choice. A little unusual that they still let you withdraw despite asking you for all this information though.

At first I thought they didn't let me, it luckily was only an issue because I gave a segwit address which they don't support still.
I've been a fully verified customer for several years though so would not expect them to go so far as to freeze my funds without any notice, luckily I caught it in time since my access will be blocked in a few days.
Pages:
Jump to: