Pages:
Author

Topic: Bittrex - source of funds - page 3. (Read 1329 times)

legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 18587
June 06, 2020, 05:47:21 AM
unlike before that for just around $1,000 or $2,000 withdrawal in a single transaction, there is likely you will be asked for an interview right away lol.
And therein lies the issues. Deposit your money to our exchange without verification - no problem. Trade on the exchange, pay our fees, make us profit, all without verification - no problem. Try to withdraw your money from the exchange - transaction frozen, account locked, coins seized, demands for personal information, KYC documents, and source of funds. Don't comply? Then we keep your coins.

It is unethical and untrustworthy to the highest degree. Any exchange which pulls this crap should be abandoned by the community.

They did ask my KYC back 2016, I don't have a choice but to comply since all my funds were with them ni NEM. I didn't encounter issues after that after all they are still one of the oldest exchange that made it and I'm still using them even today.
So they froze your account and held your coins hostage until you complied with their demands, and you didn't immediately withdraw everything and look for a new exchange? Why are you still using them when they show such blatant disregard for their customers?

I removed all funds as soon as I saw the mail, I've read about a few people having the same thing (not recently though) and they got their funds frozen despite complying. I've got little interest in getting into a never-ending struggle to maintain control over my own funds.
Good choice. A little unusual that they still let you withdraw despite asking you for all this information though.
legendary
Activity: 2383
Merit: 1551
dogs are cute.
June 05, 2020, 07:51:32 PM
Bittrex are thieves. They seized my funds (luckily only dust amounts) with their stupid KYC shit. So I wouldn't be surprised if they're running a new scam now with the "source of funds" nonsense.
Had the same issues, a little over 200-300$ is stuck in my bittrex account until I provide KYC which suck my cock I wont.

Also asking for source of funds for an online exchange is shit-tier worst. THEM ASKING FOR SOURCE OF FUNDS IS TWO BLOODY PAGES LONG, um no thanks. They are fucking asking for a receipt for a retirement home. Chances are, bittrex doesn't have methods of verifying anything. People should have stopped using bittrex the moment kyc requirements came in.
Activity: 125
Merit: 35
June 05, 2020, 04:00:21 PM
I'd tell them to fuck off and abandon the account myself, or I'd charge them for my time in getting the info together not that I could be arsed to get shit notarised, but I doubt it's massively out of the ordinary since they now have fiat dealings. They probably spring it on random customers so they can show the authorities that they're being proactive when they come snooping.

Other exchanges do the same thing every now and then. I've only ever had a bank do it once which says something, and I made it all up and they went away.

Are there any funds in there right now?

I removed all funds as soon as I saw the mail, I've read about a few people having the same thing (not recently though) and they got their funds frozen despite complying. I've got little interest in getting into a never-ending struggle to maintain control over my own funds.

Asking for sources fo funds is a different story though. Is there any reason that you think why or could you possibly be linked to someone they think to suspect?

I moved & sold most of my funds several months ago, might have triggered something (eg. they are forced by -fill in favourite intelligence agency- to share transactions to or away from their platform adding up to a certain amount).
Little doubt that they had to make a proverbial pact with the devil to enable fiat trading.

I used to be quite fond of Bittrex and Bill Shihara but this has hastily changed my opinion.
What really disturbs me is the fact that they use personalised links in the mail so they can easily track which users are complaining about it online & copy paste the mail.
Activity: 2800
Merit: 595
https://www.betcoin.ag
June 05, 2020, 02:59:32 PM

I didn't get an email regarding it.  They did ask my KYC back 2016, I don't have a choice but to comply since all my funds were with them ni NEM. I didn't encounter issues after that after all they are still one of the oldest exchange that made it and I'm still using them even today.

Asking for sources fo funds is a different story though. Is there any reason that you think why or could you possibly be linked to someone they think to suspect?

legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014
Welt Am Draht
June 05, 2020, 02:39:49 PM
I've tried to submit these docs but never get accepted twice so I give up,

What reasons did they give for the rejection? Sometimes they witter on about not enough resolution for the documents. Or more likely they just intend to keep the money even if you take them back in time to watch the moments where your money arrived in your account.

Just because you don't pass their source of funds obstacle course does not give them the right to keep anyone's money. Provide them with an address to withdraw to and tell them you're terminating your relationship with them.
copper member
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1305
Limited in number. Limitless in potential.
June 05, 2020, 02:33:02 PM
I'd been using them lately until they freeze my account and ask for KYC documents, I've tried to submit these docs but never get accepted twice so I give up, luckily I don't have huge amount there since I'm not lingering funds on exchanges.
legendary
Activity: 3122
Merit: 1398
For support ➡️ help.bc.game
June 05, 2020, 02:09:05 PM

Here in our country, the most popular local crypto-exchange here requests for those queries as part of the mandate by our country's Central Bank. In the past, it can only be triggered if someone hit the "alarm" but today, I think the majority of their users now required to submit such queries. I comply with that as I regularly used that exchange, not just for crypto but for other services as well, and no-hassle or worries hitting the alarm unlike before that for just around $1,000 or $2,000 withdrawal in a single transaction, there is likely you will be asked for an interview right away lol.

Going back to Bittrex, I never log in to the site for long, same as you, and never received such email.

It's up to you to decide, do you use them regularly? Do you currently have active funds there? If NO, then simply don't comply and stay away from that exchange aside from the fact that other users here don't have a good experience using that exchange.
legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 8909
https://bpip.org
June 05, 2020, 01:36:38 PM
Bittrex are thieves. They seized my funds (luckily only dust amounts) with their stupid KYC shit. So I wouldn't be surprised if they're running a new scam now with the "source of funds" nonsense.
legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014
Welt Am Draht
June 05, 2020, 01:29:37 PM
I'd tell them to fuck off and abandon the account myself, or I'd charge them for my time in getting the info together not that I could be arsed to get shit notarised, but I doubt it's massively out of the ordinary since they now have fiat dealings. They probably spring it on random customers so they can show the authorities that they're being proactive when they come snooping.

Other exchanges do the same thing every now and then. I've only ever had a bank do it once which says something, and I made it all up and they went away.

Are there any funds in there right now?
Activity: 125
Merit: 35
June 05, 2020, 12:16:43 PM
I received following mail from Bittrex:

Thank you for being a valued customer of the Bittrex Global platform.

Per our protocols, we are required to obtain source of funds information from select users. Please fill out the form which you will find at --personalised link was here-- and submit it along with the respective supporting documents within 7 days in order to continue utilizing your Bittrex Global account. This is similar to what other cryptocurrency exchanges in regulated jurisdictions require.

Our privacy policies are available here: ---personalised link to their privacy policy--- which are part of our Terms of Service. Additionally, all of your personal information is kept on an encrypted server.

The link was to this pdf:
https://imgur.com/a/c86smPQ

Anyone else had this lately? I've barely used the account the past year, I think I'm either under investigation or they try to disable inactive accounts to seize the assets.
The account was used more intensively before that and has been properly verified for at least 2 years.

The fact that they use personalised links is quite disturbing. I couldn't find many others having similar issues.
Pages:
Jump to: