Pages:
Author

Topic: BitVPS WANTS TO HELP SLUSH -- YOU CAN TOO - page 2. (Read 5158 times)

Activity: 419
Merit: 250
Hey guys, here are some stats:

Sunday, March 11th, the first donations went to slush.

Total: 6.73 BTC

Txid: 80a600e97ad73386b57a9cf96da83f997cbf9593b74b7c249c777d9257e90f35

Thanks everyone who donated! We'll keep accepting funds for a while longer!

Remember: use coupon code 'SLUSH' when ordering your VPS. OpenVZ Plan 1 excluded. (It's already about a BTC, we cant lose any more on it, its very close to cost)

James!

When I got my server I did not use a coupon code :/    Is it too late?

Hello Sir, just email [email protected] with your name and a Bitcoin address and I'll make sure you get your 15% and slush gets his donation Smiley
Activity: 146
Merit: 100
I'll vouch for rg; he's the trader I trust most in OTC other than people I know IRL from before Bitcoin existed.

I ll also vouch for rg, a trusted #bitcoin-otc member, and I also trust him to provide very good VPS services and support on #bitvps ( I m more used to dedicated servers but still very happy of my bitvps Wink ).

http://serajewelks.bitcoin-otc.com/trustgraph.php?source=ne0futur&dest=rg
Hey guys, here are some stats:

Sunday, March 11th, the first donations went to slush.

Total: 6.73 BTC

Txid: 80a600e97ad73386b57a9cf96da83f997cbf9593b74b7c249c777d9257e90f35

Thanks everyone who donated! We'll keep accepting funds for a while longer!

Remember: use coupon code 'SLUSH' when ordering your VPS. OpenVZ Plan 1 excluded. (It's already about a BTC, we cant lose any more on it, its very close to cost)

James!

Activity: 406
QUIFAS EXCHANGE
This is a great idea. Slush has been one of my favorite pools for so long and knowing the problems the man has gone through by just keeping a pool with this many users and the things that happen when your trafficking volume like his is a sheer testament to the drive that is bitcoin and success.
BitVPS wants to help? Great! Keep up the good work for the community. 
Hi guys! We have a total of 11 BTC going to slush so far! May not seem like much but anything helps.
Thank you to everyone who has donated/signed up/etc

James
Activity: 756
Merit: 522
If you have a hot wallet with 3,000 - 42,000 Bitcoin, please consider running your own dedicated machine, including dedicated hardware firewall.

This.
Activity: 186
Merit: 100
Better idea:

If you have a hot wallet with 3,000 - 42,000 Bitcoin, please consider running your own dedicated machine, including dedicated hardware firewall.

And what would that accomplish exactly?
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002
Better idea:

If you have a hot wallet with 3,000 - 42,000 Bitcoin, please consider running your own dedicated machine  under your bed, including dedicated hardware firewall.

If i had a server with a hot wallet containing 42k bitcoins I would host it under my bed Tongue
Activity: 463
Merit: 252
BitVPS is an excellent VPS provider, but treating them as a secure alternative to linode without really thinking about the security considerations involved would be a bad idea.
don't be a dick
donator
Activity: 392
Better idea:

no more. this thread is about helping slush not bitvps and phantomcircuit being a dick. we have our own forum thread for trolling.
Activity: 38
Merit: 0
So that's the previous reputation one of the posters was talking about...

no, that was a joke that people who know him would understand.
Ugh now I have to respond to this:

Last Saturday, around 11am, the WHMCS was compromised, I was logged in at the time and noticed it immediately ( the login pops up on the main page). I disabled Apache, downloaded the newest version from LicensePal and upgraded it, it corrupted a bit, so i installed a backup I had of it from a day prior. Nothing was taken, nothing happened. There are access restrictions on the account that runs WHMCS, it cant execute commands, each webapp runs seperately in its own user.

In regards to inspecting users hard drives, this is only true in some instances; Like extended CPU usage beyond system limits (we allow a certian period of 100% utilization dependent on the plan you ordered). This can be a misconfiguration or a misbehaving program. Ask anyone who this has happened to.. I never snooped through anything. I tried to help them fix it.

That was it.. very eventful phantomcircuit, the man who hangs around in support channels to dig up dirt on competitors.
phantomcircuit... i cant believe you'd take this as an opportunity to discredit a competitor when i'm trying to help slush out..

dirty pool mister, dirty pool.
People should be completele aware of what they are dealing with.

BitVPS's WHMCS installation was hacked recently and user data likely compromised.

It is well known that their administrators regularly inspect users hard drives.

Look before you leap.

Are you kidding me phantomcircuit?
legendary
Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000
Bitcoin

BitVPS's WHMCS installation was hacked recently and user data likely compromised.

Look before you leap.

So that's the previous reputation one of the posters was talking about... Undecided

lol ^^ this :\ not going to lie but advertising your business at time like this is pretty low don't you think? stay classy!
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

Look before you leap.

So that's the previous reputation one of the posters was talking about... Undecided
Activity: 463

Look before you leap.
donator
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1001
will you buy some FPGA mining machines and sell the mining shares to us?
Pages:
Jump to: