Pages:
Author

Topic: BitVPS WANTS TO HELP SLUSH -- YOU CAN TOO - page 3. (Read 5158 times)

Activity: 614
Merit: 500
Lol.

I'm not going to fight to get them to accept Bitcoin.
That would effectively take business away from us.

James

Doesn't further acceptance of Bitcoin help us all, though? But yes, I understand that your business is contingent upon competitors not accepting Bitcoin as payment.
Activity: 493
Merit: 250
Don't trust "BBOD The Best Futures Exchange"
just wanna point out that another way to help slush is to rate him on -otc for his integrity in covering his losses out of pocket (as long as you belive him, as I do)
Activity: 419
Honestly guys, I don't care about Linode. I care about Bitcoin and friends of mine, like slush.

However, it does stand to reason, if this issue happened, who knows whats coming down the line.
I can tell you that you wouldn't be able to do what happened on Linode with our console.

Lol.

I'm not going to fight to get them to accept Bitcoin.
That would effectively take business away from us.

James
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002
How many of us use Linode? I do and I asked if they would accept Bitcoin as payment in the IRC channel and I got laughed at. If there are enough of us, we should sign a petition to Linode telling them they we will take our business elsewhere(bitVPS?) if they don't start accepting Bitcoin as payment.

Maybe the owner of bitVPS can get something like this going.

If Bitcoin is so worthless to them that they laugh at it maybe they can just refund Slush and the Faucet of the worthless money they got stolen because one of their support guys clearly can't keep his passwords safe.
Activity: 614
Merit: 500
How many of us use Linode? I do and I asked if they would accept Bitcoin as payment in the IRC channel and I got laughed at. If there are enough of us, we should sign a petition to Linode telling them they we will take our business elsewhere(bitVPS?) if they don't start accepting Bitcoin as payment.

Maybe the owner of bitVPS can get something like this going.
rg is really a good guy, forget about the reputation preceding him!
and he sells only the best VPS.

the Bitcoin community rises to the challenge.

What reputation?
Activity: 225
Merit: 101
I'll vouch for rg; he's the trader I trust most in OTC other than people I know IRL from before Bitcoin existed.
Activity: 38
Merit: 0
rg is really a good guy, forget about the reputation preceding him!
and he sells only the best VPS.

the Bitcoin community rises to the challenge.
Hi,

Today, Linode was compromised and a lot of users lost a LOT of Bitcoins. One user in particular, was slush. Slush owns/maintains one of the longest running pools and has been an asset to the community since day 1.

Due to the unsettling news of loss that slush has endured; BitVPS will be donating 40% of new user fees directly to slush to help him recoup losses.

Any ex-customers of Linode are more than welcome. Please use coupon code 'SLUSH' during sign up to get 15% off *any* package and 40% of your fee will be donated right to slush.

[slush(~marekp@unaffiliated/slush)] I cannot express how I appreciate this kind of support

Let's show slush how appreciative we can really be.

If you dont want a VPS, donations can be sent directly to us at 1BTL7H2nfBMaKmShK4exL74CaLGvXJjAzZ
I will post a donation address for slush as soon as he works out whats safe/what isn't.

http://www.bitvps.com

James "rg" Edward
Pages:
Jump to: