Pages:
Author

Topic: Block Erupter Prisma (>=1.4 T/device, 0.75-0.78 W/G, <1 BTC/T, October Shipping) - page 11. (Read 107985 times)

legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119
Just recived my tracking number!

Good luck with them...you are going to need it.
legendary
Activity: 1161
Merit: 1001
Don`t invest more than you can afford to lose
Just recived my tracking number!
-ck
legendary
Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631
Ruu \o/
Do you need any additional tags/code to cgminer to run correctly?  For the R-Box miners you needed the --icarus options set in cgminer for them to run correctly.

*EDIT*

I keep getting the error 'unrecognized option' when I use the tag --enable-blockerupter

Any ideas?
Bold sections are both wrong. They're for BUILDING, not running. You don't need to specify anything when running them.
legendary
Activity: 896
Can anyone help me with getting these to run using a Win7 computer with the UART interface?

I don't had time to get a r-pi with Minera to run (i'm sure I can because I'm not a programmer/linux user, just very very basic linux)

Download the latest CGMiner build and install zadig. Connect the Prisma to your Windows machine and attach winusb drivers to the device.

Also, I'll be listing RPI and A10 cubies with Minera pre-installed later tonight via ASICPuppy.net.

Thanks.

Do you need any additional tags/code to cgminer to run correctly?  For the R-Box miners you needed the --icarus options set in cgminer for them to run correctly.

*EDIT*

I keep getting the error 'unrecognized option' when I use the tag --enable-blockerupter

Any ideas?
legendary
Activity: 1973
Merit: 1007
Can anyone help me with getting these to run using a Win7 computer with the UART interface?

I don't had time to get a r-pi with Minera to run (i'm sure I can because I'm not a programmer/linux user, just very very basic linux)

Download the latest CGMiner build and install zadig. Connect the Prisma to your Windows machine and attach winusb drivers to the device.

Also, I'll be listing RPI and A10 cubies with Minera pre-installed later tonight via ASICPuppy.net.
legendary
Activity: 896

legendary
Activity: 3808
Merit: 7912
how many PRISMAs can be chained per BE controller ? Thank you !

legendary
Activity: 1120
how many PRISMAs can be chained per BE controller ? Thank you !
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183
dogiecoin.com
I didn't sell you a miner as I'm not a reseller.  you participated in a group buy and I combined orders and re shipped it to you once they arrived same day.  I explained to you that I do not have anything to replace it with and for that or a refund, I'd be more than happy to support your contact to AM.  Don't try to twist what I said or to make me your scapegoat when you're pissed at bad hw.  Anyway, let's not sling stuff, we can PM.

Sounds like you are a reseller. You put in an order with AM and were their customer - AM shipped them to you. You then shipped them individually to your customers. If AM was shipping to each end customer then it would be a passthrough / agent / dropship / groupbuy / whatever you want to call it, but by collecting money and handling the goods you become a reseller.

That is unless you don't own 17dpHMYUvkgetWBnEyNL9iZu4nvjgN9kHr, then it becomes a bit more complicated.
Activity: 88
Merit: 10
So, we made some progress on one of our miners that was "misbehaving" by running it with CrazyGuy's RPi image.  The original five I was having trouble with, magically started working again for no reason.  I'm not disappointed in them working, but for 2 days they gave me hell.  I did absolutely nothing new and they started working again.  We'll see if they survive the night running well.

One unit that was previously not being detected correctly was remedied by using a new cable.

Luckily the damaged units seem to just be weak solder and one of my friends is going to fix that for us.

I do suggest CrazyGuy's pi image and following the instructions in his group buy thread.  It's spot on for most issues.

We now have 100% of Prismas that are deployed up and running, we still have some more to deploy though and some to fix.

Where is CrazyGuy's group buy thread please? I can't find it

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/closed-asicminer-prisma-14ths-147-btc-795477
Activity: 644
Merit: 500
Inspired
Brand new Prisma user. Have four Antminer S3's. Got mine up and running in a half hour following CrazyGuy and Dogies Guide for the Tube. Part of both. Hashing at 1.43 THs for 4 days now.

Dan

Are you using a Pi or a BE controller?
legendary
 I got the feeling the Prisma was a little rushed to market.  I don't understand how they can be so problematic - I mean this isn't their first miner... it's the 4th or 5th?!  
This is (as far as I'm aware) their first string miner, which is a whole different can of worms.

Good point.
legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119
So, we made some progress on one of our miners that was "misbehaving" by running it with CrazyGuy's RPi image.  The original five I was having trouble with, magically started working again for no reason.  I'm not disappointed in them working, but for 2 days they gave me hell.  I did absolutely nothing new and they started working again.  We'll see if they survive the night running well.

One unit that was previously not being detected correctly was remedied by using a new cable.

Luckily the damaged units seem to just be weak solder and one of my friends is going to fix that for us.

I do suggest CrazyGuy's pi image and following the instructions in his group buy thread.  It's spot on for most issues.

We now have 100% of Prismas that are deployed up and running, we still have some more to deploy though and some to fix.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/closed-asicminer-prisma-14ths-147-btc-795477
Activity: 32
Merit: 0

legendary
My Prisma has never gotten more than 350GH/s. My opinion is that they are pieces of shit and should not be purchased. I can't even return this piece of shit because my reseller (Canary) basically blamed me and told me to fuck off even though it arrived with missing parts. Be warned if you buy one of these. You will waste more of your time then they're worth and will be disappointed.

That doesn't sound like Canary.  You must have really pissed him off.

Did you make sure the boards were chained in incremental order?  (Example: 01:17,02:18,03:19,04:20,05:21...)  I understand it is crucial.

I agree. I had hoped for more from Canary as well, especially since I've bought dozens if not hundreds of miners from his buys in the past. I imagine he's getting lots of complaints and just didn't want to deal with it.

I've tried lots of dip switch settings. I get errors anytime more than 1 board is hooked up at a time and 1 of the boards is missing a capacitor and won't hash at all.

I got the feeling the Prisma was a little rushed to market.  I don't understand how they can be so problematic - I mean this isn't their first miner... it's the 4th or 5th?!  

Brand new Prisma user. Have four Antminer S3's. Got mine up and running in a half hour following CrazyGuy and Dogies Guide for the Tube. Part of both. Hashing at 1.43 THs for 4 days now.

Dan

Well that's great.  Glad to hear you got it working so quickly without issues.  Nice to hear AM success stories!

Activity: 644
Merit: 500
Inspired
My Prisma has never gotten more than 350GH/s. My opinion is that they are pieces of shit and should not be purchased. I can't even return this piece of shit because my reseller (Canary) basically blamed me and told me to fuck off even though it arrived with missing parts. Be warned if you buy one of these. You will waste more of your time then they're worth and will be disappointed.

Did you make sure the boards were chained in incremental order?  (Example: 01:17,02:18,03:19,04:20,05:21...)  I understand it is crucial.

I agree. I had hoped for more from Canary as well, especially since I've bought dozens if not hundreds of miners from his buys in the past. I imagine he's getting lots of complaints and just didn't want to deal with it.

I've tried lots of dip switch settings. I get errors anytime more than 1 board is hooked up at a time and 1 of the boards is missing a capacitor and won't hash at all.

Using a Pi?  or a BE controller?

Dan
Activity: 22
Merit: 0

Dan

[We did not participate in group buys, this is our own experience]

Hi, so, this has been a total nightmare.  But, I found this information posted by CrazyGuy to be reliable https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/closed-asicminer-prisma-14ths-147-btc-795477 and he points out flaws with the dip switches and notes on the "virtual boards".

Also, 3/16 of the prismas I've received had caps rattling around the boxes.  I have 5 of our own I've yet to open, 4 from a customer I've yet to inspect.  These all came straight from AM.  Also the Tube we received, I'm guessing as compensation, had components that had fallen off in the shipment.  This has been a total disaster. 

Question as to the packaging - are your units packed with the 4 blue tubes keeping the prisma in place or did they have 4 white squares shaped pieces of foam to keep the prismas from shifting?

I have 2 working units from CG GB on hand my batch1 unit had 4 white square pieces of foam & the prisma had shifted in shipment. the 2nd unit I got AM had changed to using blue foam tubes (a bit bigger) and the unit had not shifted during shipment.

Got another unit on the way from Canary's GB.

Luckily both of my units so far are working great since I have moved from the BE Controller to the Minera RPi image that CG created. When on the BE Controller it couldn't handle 8 hashboards - 1 board would cause the unit to stopping hashing after 1hr - 1.25 hrs.
Even on the RPi the unit seems to have issues if I use a pool port that is set for vardif - using a port set to difficulty 2048 works great though.

[/quote]

1 of the damaged units was batch 1

2 of them were batch 2

I'm going to put a little more effort into using CrazyGuy's RPi image tonight.

Right now I'm having a strange situation where I switched controllers and then switched back to my original controller that used to work.  Now I can only get about 2/5 hashing at full speed.
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004
This is (as far as I'm aware) their first string miner, which is a whole different can of worms.
Pages:
Jump to: