Pages:
Author

Topic: Block Erupter Prisma (>=1.4 T/device, 0.75-0.78 W/G, <1 BTC/T, October Shipping) - page 14. (Read 108015 times)

legendary
Activity: 1500
Merit: 1002
Mine Mine Mine
had intentions to buy many of these but very poor reply & consider myself lucky that i did not jump into the bandwagon. good luck to those who bought but may change my mind if there are major improvements.
legendary
Activity: 3808
Merit: 7912
On monday I will be reciving my PRISMAS, I was wondering which PSU would be better to use with:

1. http://www.dc-shop.ro/surse/sursa-modulara-super-flower-golden-green-1300w-l/?utm_source=price-ro
2. http://www.shop4pc.ro/sursa-evga-supernova-g2-1300w-complet-modulara-80-plus-gold-active-pfc-120g21300xr-p-39667.html?utm_source=price-ro

I am going to use them with NiceHash, would it work fine with their controllers or do you suggest I should use a Raspberry PI?

The EVGA also uses Japanese capacitors, has 8 PCIE connectors (mine came with 6 X 6+2 pin and 2 X 6 pin) which you will want to use all of for the Prisma. As an added bonus, it doesn't have that ridiculous blue LED glowing needlessly.   Save yourself the 219 lei, buy the EVGA and treat yourself to a night out at Taverna Sarbului.

Oh and use the controller - it works.

Activity: 268
Merit: 250
I dont have a video but it is much quieter then a cointerra as someone else pointed out it sounds exactly like a hairdryer
donator
Activity: 1731
Merit: 1008
I'd like to know how loud it is.

Could someone post a video of a Prisma running ?
legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119
Wiped Pi and followed your setup...same errors. This makes 2 times in a row I have been burned buying AM gear. First I bought a tube with a completely dead BE Controller and now this.

Did it not seem suspicious to you that someone wanted to sell their brand new Prisma for 1.25 BTC when they cost 1.47 BTC in the group buy? There's always a risk buying second hand stuff.

He said it was due to the noise...they are VERY loud. His payment was still in escrow up until just now. I think the miner is fine just the adapter is bad...or maybe it did not like my Rasp Pi?

CrazyGuy has a Pi image that is working. Any luck getting it to work on windows?

I tried his image and it did not work for me. I sold the Prisma off already to someone that has a BE Controller. I will just stick to other miners that just work out of the box and have support if I need it.
Activity: 857
Merit: 1000
Anger is a gift.
Wiped Pi and followed your setup...same errors. This makes 2 times in a row I have been burned buying AM gear. First I bought a tube with a completely dead BE Controller and now this.

Did it not seem suspicious to you that someone wanted to sell their brand new Prisma for 1.25 BTC when they cost 1.47 BTC in the group buy? There's always a risk buying second hand stuff.

He said it was due to the noise...they are VERY loud. His payment was still in escrow up until just now. I think the miner is fine just the adapter is bad...or maybe it did not like my Rasp Pi?

CrazyGuy has a Pi image that is working. Any luck getting it to work on windows?
Activity: 918
Merit: 1002
I have the BE Controller, and it works somewhat. I use GHASH.IO, but it's bouncing all over the place. My other no-name dragon type miner is more stable. Hopefully they have a software update for this BE controller soon. Or maybe it's just Ghash.io's fault.
I've been running for 12 hours on a BE controller on ghash with no problems, so I'll throw my hat in the "things appear to be working fine" ring.
Activity: 32
Merit: 0
I compile cgminer for raspberry pi

try both

https://github.com/ckolivas/cgminer
https://github.com/blockerupter/cgminer

can only get 1T speed

use their controller can get 1.4-1.5T speed

compile is quite easy

i just git clone https://github.com/ckolivas/cgminer.git

and cd cgminer

./autogen.sh
./configure --enable-blockerupter
sudo make

i try ckolivas's 4.7.1 , 4.7.0, and blockerupter's (which is 4.6.1), no luck, only 1T speed
legendary

Activity: 342
I am glad I stayed away from these.  This just seems like a disaster.  I was going to order a decent amount.  They seem like they are junk. 
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1004
I use the EVGA Supernovas they work great and have a great warranty.
They take a beating and work awesome on 220v.

On monday I will be reciving my PRISMAS, I was wondering which PSU would be better to use with:

1. http://www.dc-shop.ro/surse/sursa-modulara-super-flower-golden-green-1300w-l/?utm_source=price-ro
2. http://www.shop4pc.ro/sursa-evga-supernova-g2-1300w-complet-modulara-80-plus-gold-active-pfc-120g21300xr-p-39667.html?utm_source=price-ro

I am going to use them with NiceHash, would it work fine with their controllers or do you suggest I should use a Raspberry PI?

legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1001

legendary
Activity: 1973
Merit: 1007
I've had two running on my RPi for the past two and a half hours with no issues. One thing I did notice is that ASICMiner's build of cgminer does not handle the frequency parameter well. When passing "--bet-clk 23", I received a ton of "BET0: Unexpected value 00 received" errors. Starting with no parameters fixed the issue. I will test with the official cgminer branch later.
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
Has anyone heard from FC or Phasebird? I have 4 dead boards and getting NO response from AM, did they finally collapse under the weight of their GIANT heads? 30PH/a month my A$$, ton of garbage boards shipped.

Question is this a Phasebird issue or a direct Asicminer FriedCat issue?

Are they not a different company and Phasebird and iAsicminer are distributors of Asicminer products?

----

How deep does the problem go?

I see that Canary in the Mine has few issue shipping units or am I mistaken?
legendary
Activity: 826

legendary
Has anyone heard from FC or Phasebird? I have 4 dead boards and getting NO response from AM, did they finally collapse under the weight of their GIANT heads? 30PH/a month my A$$, ton of garbage boards shipped.

Well they certainly are not here providing any documentation or support.

If anyone wants to buy this Prisma let me know... 1.25BTC and it is yours. I have no idea if it works or not so factor that in (the boards look fine physically)

I will ship first thing tomorrow morning!
Activity: 379
legendary
Activity: 1288
If you do want to I will take it.  I have been trying to get 5 of them for weeks now.

I need to get my hands on a few of the UART adaptors so I can try and figure out the issues.

Well maybe I send you mine...I have given up on it. I have a BE Controller on the way to get this thing up and running.
legendary
This is for those of you who have the USB controller.

I found something that may or may not be of use and needs some testing by others.

If in CGminer you are getting

-- Sync Error
-- Unexpected ??

Try this:

1. Shutdown CGminer (Yes I know it has hot-plug)
2. Unplug and re-plug the USB Controller (power-cycling a powered hub may work)
3. Restart CGminer.

Please report back.

After I had power cycled the Prisma itself 3 times and this problem did not go away I was frustrated and tried this thinking what could happen and it fixed the problem.  I am thinking their may be some sort of initiation issue in ASICMiner's code they gave the CGminer folks.  Causing a already initiated USB-to-Serial device to not correctly re-initialize.

I will give it a shot later tonight and see what happens.
Activity: 49
Merit: 0
This is for those of you who have the USB controller.

I found something that may or may not be of use and needs some testing by others.

If in CGminer you are getting

-- Sync Error
-- Unexpected ??

Try this:

1. Shutdown CGminer (Yes I know it has hot-plug)
2. Unplug and re-plug the USB Controller (power-cycling a powered hub may work)
3. Restart CGminer.

Please report back.

After I had power cycled the Prisma itself 3 times and this problem did not go away I was frustrated and tried this thinking what could happen and it fixed the problem.  I am thinking their may be some sort of initiation issue in ASICMiner's code they gave the CGminer folks.  Causing a already initiated USB-to-Serial device to not correctly re-initialize.
Pages:
Jump to: