Pages:
Author

Topic: Blockchain for voting - page 4. (Read 835 times)

legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1655
June 06, 2019, 05:24:38 AM
We had a good discussions on this thread, Blockchain technology in election polls. So I urge you to look at that thread and lock this one if possible, thanks.
Activity: 272
Merit: 10
June 06, 2019, 05:11:03 AM
I once got a news flash that blockchain voting was tested in Sierra Leone, I doubt it was later use. This should be implemented in Nigeria whose leaders are known for notoriously rigging election, this will bring fast development to a country so blessed with natural resources and brilliant men and women but been plagued by few election riggers. 
legendary
Activity: 4270
Merit: 4534
June 06, 2019, 04:50:45 AM
because government elections only occur 1 day every 4-5 years. governments dont really have many chances to actually use blockchains for real.

governments are researching blockchains and other distributed ledger technologies(DLT: centralised blockchains) but they are still working on the main issue of how to disperse out the tokens used for a vote. as thats the stumbling point.

counting/auditing th votes is easy. but its getting the vote out to the population where people cant just for instance:
sell their private keys on blackmarkets to activists groups that buy votes.
someone accesses a relatives phone to steal their vote

its why although annoying, polling stations exist instead of just having everyone use a phone app. because physically turning up is a psychological tactic to vote scammers for not wanting to be caught double voting

yes there is technology available  to identify people and only accredit one-vote-one-face. but generally people are against needing to identify themselves when voting.
but as i said its not the blockchain part thats the stumbling point, but the distribution of votes ethically
legendary
Activity: 3038
Merit: 1169
June 06, 2019, 04:47:27 AM
https://medium.com/coinbundle/using-blockchain-for-voting-3287817291dc

I guess I have seen an article about blockchain voting and apparently I don't know which country but I think it is possible to have such thing may happen to apply for voting, And even though I don't see any proof that it can be possible I guess this article is a great explanation in how they can do it, And as the election now in the Philippines has been settled peacefully I have seen a video that may push blockchain technology on the next election, Well it is still in progress but I guess this can be another good sign for our crypto community and the security of cheats on voting here in the Philippines.
Activity: 1008
Merit: 355
June 06, 2019, 04:03:57 AM
Does any country use blockchain for election or voting? I know there are many countries who afraid of implementing blockchain into its sytem because then everything will be clear. If voting systems are created on the basis of blockchain technologies, then it is possible and possible to obtain reliable voting results without falsification. All the same, the blockchain is precisely created so that it cannot be changed from the outside, and in order to ensure complete security and confidentiality of data. It would be interesting to participate in the elections via the online voting platform.

So far I have never heard any country who implemented the blockchain technology in their electoral process. Actually, this is one of the best areas that the blockchain technology can help but of course I doubt if many countries will adopt this within the next decade as transparency in practice is something that they don't want to happen. One day, though, am sure that this can be the standard in all elections as more and more people are clamoring and demanding a better system where their voice can be heard and counted correctly with almost nil opportunity of intrusion and hacking. Let's hope some big organizations can adopt a blockchain-supported election system so that we can see it in action.
Activity: 1414
Merit: 516
June 06, 2019, 04:03:45 AM
As i know no, there is not any country who use blockchain for voting, maybe only if governments will see how blockchain works will make this possible on future if they want.
Activity: 1092
Merit: 117
June 06, 2019, 02:33:03 AM
The only place were I've heard something about Blockchain voting is in a TV series called ,, Billions'' where a governor wanted to implement this so that vote can't be manipulated anymore. I've never seen or read any news I'm the real life about a country thinking about implementing Blockchain in their election system and that's probably because most governments are corrupt and they know if that gets approved they can't manipulate the voting system anymore in their favor.
Activity: 25
Merit: 0
June 06, 2019, 02:23:17 AM
Does any country use blockchain for election or voting? I know there are many countries who afraid of implementing blockchain into its sytem because then everything will be clear. If voting systems are created on the basis of blockchain technologies, then it is possible and possible to obtain reliable voting results without falsification. All the same, the blockchain is precisely created so that it cannot be changed from the outside, and in order to ensure complete security and confidentiality of data. It would be interesting to participate in the elections via the online voting platform.
Pages:
Jump to: