Author

Topic: Blockchain.info - Bitcoin Block explorer & Currency Statistics - page 127. (Read 482402 times)

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000
0xFB0D8D1534241423
The website has been looking a little ugly on my end recently, and I have no idea why.
This is on Chrome; it started maybe a week ago.

Note how weird the buttons look... I'll try updating Chrome
Activity: 560
Merit: 500
I am the one who knocks
That's a private address.

Quote from: BitcoinWIKI
For private keys associated with uncompressed public keys, they are 51 characters and always start with the number 5.

Private keys associated with compressed public keys are 52 characters and start with a capital L or K. This is the same private key in wallet import format.

Ah I see now, I must have only dealt with compressed keys so I had never remembered seeing them before.
Activity: 481
I'm having a few problems with the website (tried on both Opera and Chromium):

1.  I can't import private keys generated with vanitygen. I've done it once successfully, but on a new account, I can't. I've tried two different ones. They have the format 5xxxxxxxxxxxxetc.

Aren't 5xxx addresses test net?  Either way I thought only 1xxxx addresses were valid?

That's a private address.
I am the one who knocks

1.  I can't import private keys generated with vanitygen. I've done it once successfully, but on a new account, I can't. I've tried two different ones. They have the format 5xxxxxxxxxxxxetc.

Aren't 5xxx addresses test net?  Either way I thought only 1xxxx addresses were valid?
Activity: 481

2.  Once an address is added, it can't be deleted, nor can the existing wallet-generated address be deleted from the archive. It says "You must leave at least one active address" even though there is already an active address. Even a "watched" address can't be deleted.
rjk
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
1ngldh
Critique: Most of the buttons that are clickable in the javascript use an I-beam on mouseover, instead of a hand as would be expected.
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002
Did you try clicking that button a few times in a row? Sometimes, for what ever reason, it takes a few clicks.
I am the one who knocks
I just installed the javascript verifier extension for chrome and when I went to the my wallet page and clicked the "turn off" button at the top right for logging out before I entered my pw and opened my wallet it sets off the javascript verifier

Just tried that and i do *NOT* get an error.
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002
I just installed the javascript verifier extension for chrome and when I went to the my wallet page and clicked the "turn off" button at the top right for logging out before I entered my pw and opened my wallet it sets off the javascript verifier and gives me the following two boxes:

If I just open the page https://blockchain.info/wallet/ and log in I don't get any messages..
I am the one who knocks
Thank you for the donations everyone.

Sorry... I copy and pasted my decryption password, which is quite complex, to ensure that I was not mistyping it on the iOS keyboard.  I also attemtped to enter it on a bluetooth keyboard.

Did you get it working in the end? Maybe try an alphanumeric password only if possible.

Feedback needed on the interface: compact or original as default?

I never did get it working with my main wallet (maybe because of 2-factor auth?).  But on retrospect I thought maybe that isn't a bad thing and setup a new 'mobile' wallet.

BTW: Where can we change the default miners fee?  I have looked and looked but can not see it, I am starting to feel very dumb :/
Activity: 931
I am always a little confused about My Transactions page.

I prefer the compact version but:

maybe I'd like to see MY addresses that took part of the transaction (From/To) and not third party addresses.

btw, great work, as always!

edit: another idea

at detailed view, when I receive funds, I'd like to see my address at the LEFT column. You can change the direction of the green arrow (to the left), it's good for the color-blinded people too (red-arrow to the right = paying / green arrow to the left = receiving).

That way all of yours addresses belongs to left column and all the third parties addresses (and change addresses) belongs to the right column.

Activity: 910
Merit: 1005
Thank you for the donations everyone.

Sorry... I copy and pasted my decryption password, which is quite complex, to ensure that I was not mistyping it on the iOS keyboard.  I also attemtped to enter it on a bluetooth keyboard.

Did you get it working in the end? Maybe try an alphanumeric password only if possible.

Feedback needed on the interface: compact or original as default?

I am the one who knocks
Just jailbroke my iPod 4G and it keeps rejecting my password, I even copy-pasted so I *KNOW* it was correct.

I have suspicions that it is because the camera on the iPod sucks and is mis-reading the QR code, but that is just a guess.

What can I do?
I don't understand what you could have copy-pasted.  You open the app, click "Pair Device" and then scan a QR code.  Theres no pasting to do.

QR codes have an incredible amount of redundancy in them and I would be very surprised if your camera was mis-reading it.

Activity: 742
Just jailbroke my iPod 4G and it keeps rejecting my password, I even copy-pasted so I *KNOW* it was correct.

I have suspicions that it is because the camera on the iPod sucks and is mis-reading the QR code, but that is just a guess.

What can I do?
I don't understand what you could have copy-pasted.  You open the app, click "Pair Device" and then scan a QR code.  Theres no pasting to do.

QR codes have an incredible amount of redundancy in them and I would be very surprised if your camera was mis-reading it.
Activity: 147
Merit: 100
Another donation awaits you when the 5.1.1 fix is released Smiley.

Issue with the new jailbreak should now be fixed. Turned out I needed to code sign the app with a self signed certificate rather than no certificate at all. Any donations appreciated.

w00t!!! Donation sent!!
I am the one who knocks

What can I do?

Issue with the new jailbreak should now be fixed. Turned out I needed to code sign the app with a self signed certificate rather than no certificate at all. Any donations appreciated.
It works!  I just tested it by sending a donation to you!  Thanks a bunch!
Activity: 910

please unlock!

Done
legendary
Activity: 2058
this space intentionally left blank
account was locked for whatever reason (probably because my mail provider hiccuped the last couple of days and i entered the wrong email codes and/or my browser completes the wallet adress which is counted as a login try).

please unlock!
Meh. I got all excited when I saw the cydia update for the blockchain app. Turns out its  an unrelated bug fix and still broken on 5.1.1.

+1 BTC
Jump to: