Pages:
Author

Topic: Blockchain.info - Bitcoin Block explorer & Currency Statistics - page 21. (Read 482544 times)

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000
Bitcoin: The People's Bailout

I'm guessing if the location is unknown they are using a default longitude of 0° and a default latitude of 0°--where the prime meridian and equator cross.
donator
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007
Poor impulse control.
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
Feature suggestion:

It would be nice to put the QR address scanner (like on the send address input in the wallet) on the main page, such that it would be an easy matter to check the balance of an address from a paper wallet from the main page.   Also, it would be nice if you could use the scanner to add a watch only address in a wallet.

Activity: 630
Merit: 500
Bitgoblin
Actually, the spot on that map seems to be the intersection of the equator and prime meridian. [...] just the default value if some IP mappings are unknown
this (obviously!)
legendary
Activity: 952
Merit: 1005
--Signature Designs-- http://bit.ly/1Pjbx77
I have been using Blockchain.info wallet for a long time, very happy with the service so far. However, I am not comfortable to see there are json backups on the online server dating back over a year.

Is there a way to delete old online backups?
legendary
Activity: 4690
Merit: 1276

Perhaps this?

https://maps.google.com/?ll=0.353054,6.722868&spn=0.002154,0.002277&t=h&z=19

Actually, the spot on that map seems to be the intersection of the equator and prime meridian.  Might be some satellite downlink or just the default value if some IP mappings are unknown or better left unsaid.

donator
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007
Poor impulse control.
BCB
vip
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002
BCJ
legendary
Activity: 3472
Merit: 4794
I have a question about blockchain.info implementation

https://bitcoin.stackexchange.com/questions/23052/does-blockchain-info-retain-the-wallet-password-in-client-side-memory

When you log into blockchain.info - you enter the password on the client side.

Does the password remain stored in a local javascript variable on the client side after the login process is over?

While I haven't yet read through the blockchain.info source code (it is open source, so you are welcome to do so if you like), the fact that I can create a new address without having to re-enter the password would seem to be an indication that the password must be stored client side.

Note, that the password is never sent server side.  When you "log in", the javascript requests encrypted private keys from the server using the "Identifier", and not sending a password at all (If you have 2FA turned on, then the server send a request for the 2nd factor authorization before sending the encrypted private keys).  Then the local javascript uses the password entered to decrypt those private keys and provide functionality to the wallet.

If yes, does that count as real a security risk? What kind of attack vectors does that open you to?

I'm not sure what you mean by "as real a security risk", but any malware running on the computer where you are accessing the blockchain.info wallet theoretically has the ability to capture the password (or private keys) and therefore steal any bitcoins associated with the wallet.  This would be true of any desktop wallet.

Note that blockchain.info is essentially just a desktop wallet that runs in a browser and uses cloud based storage of encrypted private keys.  It's a bit like storing an encrypted MultiBit wallet in dropbox.  Then you could download MultiBit to any computer you wanted to use it on, temporarily grab your wallet from dropbox, and decrypt it.  When you're done using it you'd just re-encrypt and send the updated wallet back to dropbox.  blockchain.info just automates all of this for you.
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1003
Ron Gross
I have a question about blockchain.info implementation

https://bitcoin.stackexchange.com/questions/23052/does-blockchain-info-retain-the-wallet-password-in-client-side-memory

When you log into blockchain.info - you enter the password on the client side.

Does the password remain stored in a local javascript variable on the client side after the login process is over?

If yes, does that count as real a security risk? What kind of attack vectors does that open you to?

If not, how else does the wallet update the server side state?
legendary
Activity: 2646
Merit: 1137
All paid signature campaigns should be banned.
Good job, if i send bitcoin via SharedCoin, MyWallet takes the entire balance of my bitcoin address. So i lost about 0.15 bitcoin...because the sharedcoin feature dumped my entire balance and sent the rest to another address, but i have no more account access because I thought that the fucking wallet just take the money, which i want to send.
Why can't you just log back in?
legendary
Activity: 2646
Merit: 1137
All paid signature campaigns should be banned.
Does SharedCoin work and who pays for the fees?
Yes, I use it all the time.  You pay the fee, 0.0001 BTC per round. 

NOTE:  The change is always sent to a new address - just keep that in mind.

The more people that use it the better for Bitcoin!!!
rme
Activity: 756
Merit: 504
What people here think about this wallet service: https://greenaddress.it/en/
They use bip32 and P2SH 2of2 address as standard.

Does blockchain.info will implement something like this?

Lol, i love that wallet, please blockchain.info, implement all these features.
Activity: 312
Merit: 250
What people here think about this wallet service: https://greenaddress.it/en/
They use bip32 and P2SH 2of2 address as standard.

Does blockchain.info will implement something like this?
Activity: 588
Does SharedCoin work and who pays for the fees?
Activity: 10
Merit: 0
Good job, if i send bitcoin via SharedCoin, MyWallet takes the entire balance of my bitcoin address. So i lost about 0.15 bitcoin...because the sharedcoin feature dumped my entire balance and sent the rest to another address, but i have no more account access because I thought that the fucking wallet just take the money, which i want to send.

No support response after 24h, bad support! goob job....
Activity: 25
I'm having trouble receiving notifications. They stopped working when I imported a private key for an address. I've checked and uncheck the box, but I dont get emails, HTML 5, SMS, or even google talk notifications.

I've even changed my email address with the notification box checked and unchecked, but in the "verify your address" email, it says notifications are disabled. That doesn't change no matter what box I check.

Anybody else having this issue?
Activity: 10
Activity: 630
Bitgoblin
So someone misspelling your address would result into sending money to a random stranger?
Pages:
Jump to: