Pages:
Author

Topic: Blockchain.info - Bitcoin Block explorer & Currency Statistics - page 22. (Read 482544 times)

legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1013
An email from Blockchain.info is certainly related to Bitcoin, and an AES encrypted file is as good as a GPG one. There's not much loss of privacy in Blockchain.info's emails, although I do agree with the general sentiment about other services.
Do you not also have the option of receiving email notifications of every incoming transaction?

Should we really be forced to choose between having the convenience of those notifications and letting Gmail index a the full details of our financial transactions, or else giving up the notifications and keeping a bit of privacy?
Activity: 47
Merit: 0
When exporting address data into csv, please remove comma separator from big numbers (like 1,222.3404 BTC). These commas interfere with comma-separated file format
Activity: 784
Merit: 1000
0xFB0D8D1534241423
suggestion: on emailing a wallet backup, have a possiblity of GPG encryption.
It's past time to start insisting that all Bitcoin-related websites start supporting optional GPG encryption of notification emails.

There's no excuse for not doing it, other than to make sure their users don't have any privacy.
An email from Blockchain.info is certainly related to Bitcoin, and an AES encrypted file is as good as a GPG one. There's not much loss of privacy in Blockchain.info's emails, although I do agree with the general sentiment about other services.

Wallet Backup

Attached to this email is an AES encrypted wallet backup which contains everything you need to restore your bitcoin balance. You can use it to restore the wallet at anytime at My Wallet or using the 3rd party MultiBit Desktop client.

Your wallet identifier is: [redacted]- (Unsubscribe)
That's the full email, minus the identifier, and I just posted it on a public forum. Even the identifier doesn't get you much, although I've redacted it because it does provide some additional security to the password. Perhaps Blockchain.info could include the option to not send the identifier in the emails.
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1013
It's past time to start insisting that all Bitcoin-related websites start supporting optional GPG encryption of notification emails.

There's no excuse for not doing it, other than to make sure their users don't have any privacy.
Activity: 547
Merit: 500
Decor in numeris

+1
Activity: 1
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1006
100 satoshis -> ISO code
Why does blockchain.info stats have the market price frozen on 558 instead of using Bitstamp?

If they really love gox that much then switch back to it when its functioning as a normal exchange again (i.e. btc and fiat transfers < 1 week).
Activity: 351
Merit: 250
does anyone know when blockchain.info stops broadcasting transactions that are not being confirmed due to no fee?
Activity: 312
Are you going to add the P2P Fallback mode also on the Chrome app?

I suspect it could be done with a native client plugin but if it needs to be dependant on a native plugin then it might as well just be a standalone desktop lite client. May be some time in the future but for the moment my priority is to revise the iphone app and then get multisig working and/or support for a hardware wallet.

Hi piuk,

Any news on this topic?
I really would like to see P2P mode on Chrome App.

Thanks
Activity: 784
Merit: 1000
0xFB0D8D1534241423
Fairly sure my backups are encrypted. The option's there somewhere.
donator
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007
Poor impulse control.
I've created a new address on my wallet and in 5 seconds blockchain.info emailed me a backup of my wallet twice. Is this normal? I haven't requested it.
I am not a fan of keeping a wallet backup on my mail since it can be hacked.

Edit: I just received another wallet backup to my email. This is the third time.

Yes, you get an automatic backup every time you make changes to your wallet, just store it in a safe location.

If you don't trust that email account maybe you shouldn't be using it on Blockchain.info.

Or maybe there should be the option of sending an encrypted backup.

Irrelevant if email account is also compromised.

Any email account can be compromised.
legendary
Activity: 2786
Merit: 1031
I've created a new address on my wallet and in 5 seconds blockchain.info emailed me a backup of my wallet twice. Is this normal? I haven't requested it.

Edit: I just received another wallet backup to my email. This is the third time.

Yes, you get an automatic backup every time you make changes to your wallet, just store it in a safe location.

If you don't trust that email account maybe you shouldn't be using it on Blockchain.info.

Irrelevant if email account is also compromised.
donator
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007
Poor impulse control.

legendary
Activity: 2786
Merit: 1031

Activity: 19

Activity: 76
Merit: 10
As a relatively low btc income altcoin miner, the balance in my primary btc address changes quite frequently by small amounts. The chart for balance over time is a great tool and obviously uses fractional data for plotting, but only displays btc values in labels & tooltips rounded to whole numbers. (example: https://blockchain.info/charts/balance?address=1GNg2V2yr63FMv16fs5udpfPrkUakBKWLW)

I'd love to see the highcharts yAxis.labels.formatter and tooltip.formatter configurable to at least optionally display fractional amounts and/or mBTC. Seeing a bunch of 0s isn't very helpful - it's just depressing.
Activity: 4
We will be performing a server upgrade around 9:00 AM on Monday (2/17) GMT.  Some services will be interrupted for roughly 30 minutes.  We apologize for the inconvenience this may cause. Thank you for your understanding and support.

BlockChain Team
https://blog.blockchain.info/
Activity: 312
Hi,

1- I set Brazil Real as currency and Mbtc for Bitcoin Display.
2- I click on a transaction
3- The (value at time of transaction) show in BTC instead of Brazil Real.
3- See the screenshot

Please fix it.
Activity: 16
This is the place for feature requests? I request that the transaction page should indicate non-canonical scripts. This would make it much easier to detect transactions that are suffering from transaction malleability.

Desired behavior: There should be an indication under "Input Scripts" that the transaction is using OP_PUSHDATA2 in a nonstandard way if I go to https://blockchain.info/tx/bba8c3d044828f099ae3bc5f3beaff2643e0202d6c121753b53536a49511c63f

As it is, even the rawtx page doesn't show anything wrong.
Pages:
Jump to: