Pages:
Author

Topic: Blockchain.info wallet on iOS - install it now! - page 3. (Read 6320 times)

Activity: 560
Merit: 500
I am the one who knocks
A wallet on blockchain.info is inherently insecure. You should never have anything in it you would not be willing to lose.
Putting the app on top of that adds a few potential security threats sure, but it is already an assumed distrustful environment.

Leave the real wealth in the real wallet, put a few coins in this when going out, beer fund Smiley
Welcome to the community, glad to have you.

However please learn how things work before spouting off "advice".

kthnx
Activity: 87
Merit: 10
Other than that its great for just monitoring funds in another wallet.
Activity: 931
Merit: 500
A wallet on blockchain.info is inherently insecure. You should never have anything in it you would not be willing to lose.
Putting the app on top of that adds a few potential security threats sure, but it is already an assumed distrustful environment.

Leave the real wealth in the real wallet, put a few coins in this when going out, beer fund Smiley

I thought that too!

Since the code is open, people can modify, compile and publish as an app. Or simply wait for the compiled version from Qkos Services Ltd and change it (Man-in-the-Middle).

Anyway to be sure?
legendary
Activity: 3430
Merit: 3074
The code is open source.
Please feel free to take a look for insecurities:

https://github.com/blockchain/My-Wallet-iPhone

Yes, that's what tin-foil Carlton was concerned about, the open source aspect.

I do understand that this has not done the Satoshi client any harm (far from it), but I have a good idea of how many developers are throwing their collective nous at that project (and also a good impression of their calibre as coders). Plus there's plenty of other evidence about the extent to which others disseminate and analyse the source.

With blockchain.info wallet, piuk appears to be the sole developer. Not trying to cast any aspersions against piuk, he appears to have done a great job judging by the feedback in the main thread, but I'm still not quite confident enough to use the app. I will be sitting back and waiting for the moment, as there's no compelling use case for me (yet)
aq
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
You guys should put your money where your mouth is and stop supporting Bitcoin blocking Apple. Buy some Bitcoin loving Android phone.
vip
Activity: 1052
Merit: 1155
The code is open source.
Please feel free to take a look for insecurities:

https://github.com/blockchain/My-Wallet-iPhone
Activity: 602
Merit: 508
Firstbits: 1waspoza
A wallet on blockchain.info is inherently insecure.

Any more specific info on that please?
legendary

Hmmmm, not from the way that piuk describes the operation of the blockchain.info wallets. They appear to be a fairly ingenious method of securing online wallets (private key is generated, stored and encrypted locally, then signatures are used to access the funds. Not sure how they validate the signatures! But it seems to work)
legendary
[tinfoilhat]

I wonder if Apple has had a room full of aspergic chimps working on attacks to clear out coins from iOS Blockchain.info wallets, and now that they think they've developed the perfect attack, they re-release the app?

[/tinfoilhat]

No, that sounds ridiculous
vip
Activity: 1052
Merit: 1155
There does seem to be a way to activate the full wallet functionality.
It is best to install it ASAP.

http://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/blockchain/id493253309?mt=8&ls=1
legendary
Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010
not even it is just to view unconfirmed transactions, might as well jailbreak

Weird, some people are reporting send and receive:

- https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.1099955
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000
The Blockchain.info app is back on the app store…no idea how that happened, but install it now before Apple changes their minds again.

Unfortunately, it is not the Blockchain for iOS wallet app, but instead just their block explorer utility.

not even it is just to view unconfirmed transactions, might as well jailbreak
legendary
Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010
The Blockchain.info app is back on the app store…no idea how that happened, but install it now before Apple changes their minds again.

Unfortunately, it is not the Blockchain for iOS wallet app, but instead just their block explorer utility.  [Update: Apparently, the real deal -- full wallet.]
Activity: 868
Merit: 1007
Pages:
Jump to: