Pages:
Author

Topic: Blocksize needs to be increased now. - page 11. (Read 25112 times)

legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1001
In Cryptography We Trust
December 13, 2015, 07:36:35 AM
Well , aren't the developers planning to do a debate about this on December ? or it's already done and decided ? If not .. hopefully they will agree on something this time .

There was a workshop last weekend on this topic but I'm not sure if there was much progress. At least I haven't been able to find any indication that a consensus was found but I really hope I'm wrong.
Activity: 80
Merit: 10
December 13, 2015, 07:32:47 AM
If nothing happens all transactions will take much longer which isn't good at all!
staff
Activity: 3500
Merit: 6152
December 13, 2015, 07:31:57 AM
Well I guess that if you look at that graph on a linear scale it looks like there is still some more "free space" below the 1 MB ceiling. But the point I'm trying to make here is that a linear trend in log scale means exponential growth. A solution needs to be found unless we want to see longer confirmation times and higher fees none of which will help in advancing Bitcoin usage.

Well , aren't the developers planning to do a debate about this on December ? or it's already done and decided ? If not .. hopefully they will agree on something this time .
legendary
In Cryptography We Trust
December 13, 2015, 07:15:14 AM
Well I guess that if you look at that graph on a linear scale it looks like there is still some more "free space" below the 1 MB ceiling. But the point I'm trying to make here is that a linear trend in log scale means exponential growth. A solution needs to be found unless we want to see longer confirmation times and higher fees none of which will help in advancing Bitcoin usage.
Activity: 475
Merit: 255
December 13, 2015, 06:31:57 AM
It does not look so scary in linear scale, does it?  Smiley
legendary
In Cryptography We Trust
December 13, 2015, 03:11:05 AM
We are reaching the blocksize limit fast and delays in confirming transactions with standards fees is becoming noticeable. A consensus needs to be found quickly otherwise Bitcoin is going to choke in unconfirmed transactions soon.

https://blockchain.info/charts/avg-block-size?showDataPoints=false&show_header=true&daysAverageString=7×pan=all&scale=1&address=
Pages:
Jump to: