Pages:
Author

Topic: Blockstream Green vs Electrum...which do you recommended for security? - page 2. (Read 211 times)

Activity: 1834
Merit: 759
I think it essentially boils down to: Do you trust Blockstream?

If yes, then they do have a good 2FA thing going, which should theoretically make it harder for your funds to be stolen:

Our innovative multisignature model uses dual private keys - one held by the user, and one by our servers. This allows us to enforce Two-Factor Authentication to protect your funds, while timelock smart contracts guarantee that users always retain full control of their coins.

Do note that this doesn't necessarily mean they can steal your funds, but they may be able to delay their release. I've seen some people who don't like it for this reason. Their UX is also better than Electrum's from what I've seen.

But yeah if you don't want to deal with all that, you can't really go wrong with Electrum.
Activity: 1554
Merit: 413
First of all, it's not recommended to put all your funds in one wallet let alone a mobile app. There are better wallets that are available for safe keeping such as known hardware wallets like Trezor. List of bitcoin wallets are discussed in this thread https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/general-bitcoin-wallets-which-what-why-1631151

To answer which mobile wallet is safer, I don't know blockstream green yet so I would choose electrum.
Activity: 240
Merit: 54
Putting all your eggs in one basket, between the two in mobile app form, which would be the safer choice?
Pages:
Jump to: