Pages:
Author

Topic: Blue Fury Support Thread. - page 34. (Read 89570 times)

Activity: 616
Merit: 500
November 07, 2013, 07:25:07 AM
For those of you that want to run both BE's and BF on same pc (Win 7):

BE's (Block Eruptors) running under an instance of bfgminer 3.2.1, with the following shortcut (text in Target field of shortcut)
C:\temp\bfgminer-3.2.0-win64\bfgminer.exe -o [pool url] -u [user name] -p [password] -G -S erupter:all --icarus-options 115200:1:1 --icarus-timing 3.0=100

(change to suit the location of your executable)

Once the BE's are running, run a separate instance of bfgminer for BF.  I used
either bfgminer 3.2.0 ('special', with the BF driver installed per the support thread)
using bfgminer32 ver 3.2.0 and the batch file of the style
bfgminer.exe -S "BF1:all" -o [pool url] -u [user name] -p [password] 
(this works ok w/o H errors)

or 3.5.1, using a batch file with the content:
bfgminer.exe -S bigpic:all -o [pool url] -u [user name] -p [password]
(works ok but with increasing H errors)

Had both running on the same old laptop for a few days now (with BF going on and off for different tests and s/w configurations).

Cheers

Sir, this post was most helpful! I'm still waiting for my BF's to arrive, but when they do I'm planning to run them together with my current BE setup. I was already looking for information to prepare it so they could be up and running as soon as they arrived.

So thanks to you I can make sure I have the right miners and command lines ready.

Thank you!
You are welcome, good luck
Let us know what performance are your BF's getting

Cheers
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
November 07, 2013, 07:05:08 AM

BE's (Block Eruptors) running under an instance of bfgminer 3.2.1, with the following shortcut (text in Target field of shortcut)
C:\temp\bfgminer-3.2.0-win64\bfgminer.exe -o [pool url] -u [user name] -p [password] -G -S erupter:all --icarus-options 115200:1:1 --icarus-timing 3.0=100

either bfgminer 3.2.0 ('special', with the BF driver installed per the support thread)

Had both running on the same old laptop for a few days now (with BF going on and off for different tests and s/w configurations).

Cheers

Sir, this post was most helpful! I'm still waiting for my BF's to arrive, but when they do I'm planning to run them together with my current BE setup. I was already looking for information to prepare it so they could be up and running as soon as they arrived.

So thanks to you I can make sure I have the right miners and command lines ready.

Thank you!
Activity: 41
Merit: 0
November 07, 2013, 07:02:45 AM
How would I downgrade to make it work or what is the command for the port? I tried the patched version I think it was bfgminer-fury but still no luck
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
November 07, 2013, 06:56:16 AM
#!/bin/bash
sleep 10
/usr/bin/screen -dmS miner /opt/minepeon/bin/bfgminer -S BPM:all -c /opt/minepeon/etc/miner.conf

no luck
am i on the wrong version?

There are problems with BFG 3.5.0
If your build uses this version then you need also to specify the port number.
I am using minepeon 0.2.4 with BFG 3.3.0   .............  there is a patch version of BFG 3.5.1(not tried it yet)
November 07, 2013, 06:43:09 AM
#!/bin/bash
sleep 10
/usr/bin/screen -dmS miner /opt/minepeon/bin/bfgminer -S BPM:all -c /opt/minepeon/etc/miner.conf

no luck
am i on the wrong version?
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
November 07, 2013, 06:21:51 AM
I am having problems with my minepoen

i can run eruptors fine i have the latest version of minepeon (Linux minepeon 3.6.11-18-ARCH+ armv6l])

when i connect the blue fury device in i see it show up in
ls /dev

ive tried every combination from forums and yet i still cannot use it to mine

do i need to do something with the buttons on it?
the device is just constant red light

Runs great on minepeon 0.2.4    "  -S BPM:all   "

Hash rate 2432Mh on minepeon,  error rate 59.33%,  pool shows 2252Mh,  reject 0.87%,  total losses 60.2%

The 59% error cannot be true figure. I suspect the first 50% is due to the chip running at half speed, the correct error rate is then circa 9.26%

5000Mh * 50% = 2500Mh,    less circa 9% =  2275Mh,   less circa 1% = 2252Mh  this must be too close for coincidence?

Not tried it yet with erupters in the mix.

Edit:- add a good fan and the hashrate goes up
November 07, 2013, 05:46:49 AM
I am having problems with my minepoen

i can run eruptors fine i have the latest version of minepeon (Linux minepeon 3.6.11-18-ARCH+ armv6l])

when i connect the blue fury device in i see it show up in
ls /dev

ive tried every combination from forums and yet i still cannot use it to mine

do i need to do something with the buttons on it?
the device is just constant red light

Activity: 209
November 07, 2013, 05:13:14 AM
Second post updated with instructions on how to flash your device on ubuntu. Please bare in mind that it is at your own risk.

There's another Amtel package that needs to be installed, from repository.  

Unfortunately, the re-flash did nothing to help my 1.4GH/sec fury.  It's still only getting 1.4GH/sec.

I appreciate your efforts, Beastlymac.  Looks like I am going to have to box this thing up and send it to SSINC for replacement. 
Activity: 336
Merit: 250
November 07, 2013, 05:08:48 AM
Seems to be a general lack of QA on these
Activity: 658
CCNA: There i fixed the internet.
Activity: 28
November 07, 2013, 05:04:32 AM
Activity: 658
CCNA: There i fixed the internet.
November 07, 2013, 05:01:04 AM
I have 50 running at 90Gh/s total. Two throw tons of hardware errors. Shares found on same two are very low even though hashrate is reported normal.

These things run very cool. Begging to to overclocked. Hoping to be able to tweak in the future.
Pictures?  Grin I posted above how it is possible to hardware overclock. Firmware over clocking might be available in the future I just don't want to cause more issues that would then need to be fixed.

which post on oc'ing

probably tarding and can't find it
Activity: 28
November 07, 2013, 04:49:42 AM
Second post updated with instructions on how to flash your device on ubuntu. Please bare in mind that it is at your own risk.

Hi BeastlyMac,

Is there any changelog for the firmware file ?

I have one BF hashing at under 2GH/s that I'll run it on regardless but what changes are there I should look out for ?

Thanks
Activity: 1246
Merit: 501
November 07, 2013, 04:41:07 AM
I'm hoping to run these things on OpenWRT.  It'll need a USB to serial driver, most likely.  Which one?

Activity: 630
Miner Setup And Reviews. WASP Rep.
November 07, 2013, 04:32:39 AM
Activity: 209
November 07, 2013, 04:24:30 AM

I've downloaded the drivers, they work flawlessly, these seem to self-install, just make sure that the driver install program that pops up recognises all your Blue Furies...

Zadig doesn't install drivers.  It associates drivers with devices.  When you run Zadig, you're binding the USB device with USB drivers.  

In brief, if the device shows up as a USB device, it's probably configured for CGMiner.  If it shows up as a COM port, it's probably configured for BFGMiner.  I switch between them quite often for testing.  
November 07, 2013, 04:13:34 AM

Cheers
November 07, 2013, 03:44:21 AM
The main aim of 3.5.1 is to correct the hw error count. It will give a tiny bit extra hash rate but nothing overly significant.
The ever increasing HW error rate may still be a concern (and reduces the submitted shares...)
Activity: 630
Miner Setup And Reviews. WASP Rep.
November 07, 2013, 03:40:24 AM
The main aim of 3.5.1 is to correct the hw error count. It will give a tiny bit extra hash rate but nothing overly significant.
November 07, 2013, 03:38:19 AM
NEW VERSION 3.5.1, NOVEMBER 7 2013

Human readable changelog:
  • Bug fixes only.

Full changelog:
  • Bugfix: make-release: Add README.GPU document
  • Demote USB string fetch failure to LOG_DEBUG since it is rather common
  • Bugfix: RPC: devscan shouldn't be available to read-only access
  • Bugfix: bigpic: Ignore the bitfury chip's counter as best we can
  • Bugfix: bigpic: Accept other delimiters in Bitfury BF1 product string in autodetection
  • Bugfix: Fix VCOM/fpgautils build check
  • Bugfix: Only include VCOM code when VCOM/fpgautils support is being built
  • Bugfix: Reimplement scan-serial "all" keyword
  • Bugfix: bitforce detect: Close device after ZGX failure
  • Bugfix: Define lowl_usb even if libusb support is omitted, since VCOM and HID drivers check against it for warnings

Tried bfgminer 3.5.1 on Win 7 64:

The hashing performance is similar to previous tests.  Also tried to increase the port speed to 115200 as suggested earlier, it works but the benefit is unclear.
With bfgminer 3.5.1 there is no display of the BF serial number (this is fine), but the HW error seems to creep higher and higher (maybe this is the 'truth' which was previously 'masked out'?)
Performance over time:
Time   ####/####/####   A   R   HW
06:00   2.26/2.26/2.22   173   5   9
00:08   2.26/2.26/2.21   247   8   11/3.6%
00:10   2.26/2.26/2.17   282   8   14/4.3%
00:14   2.27/2.26/2.17   397   8/2.7%   23/4.8%
00:20   2.27/2.26/2.16   585   8/1.9%   32/4.8%

This is running with a batch file:
bfgminer.exe -S bigpic:all -o (pool url) -u (user name) -p (password)

Cheers

Edit:  Later, after restart had quite a lower submitted shares average, changed the Com port speed setting back to the original 9600, and the rate restored to about 2.14 GH/sec  (2.26/2.26/2.14 on bfgminer 3.5.1)
Pages:
Jump to: