Pages:
Author

Topic: Blue Fury Support Thread. - page 44. (Read 89570 times)

Activity: 616
Merit: 500
November 01, 2013, 10:18:51 AM
After trying to run the Blue Fury miner with bfgminer3.4.0 with -S bigpic:all, it was detected and hashed, but had a very high H error rate (about 61%) after about 40 minutes.  The hash rate was about 2.26 GH/Sec.
Trying the original modified bfgminer 3.2.0 resolves the H error rate, but the hash rate is still about 2.26 GH/sec.
Is there any way to change the configuration or firmware to get closer to the specifiec 2.6 GH/sec?

A couple of things.
Do you mean version 3.0.99?
Have you tried cgminer?
What hub are you using? Are you sure it is providing enough power.
Are you able to test on a Ubuntu pc?
Have you tried a different pool?
I downloaded the file per the installations instructions in this thread, and it runs bfgminer 3.2.0 (that is the text appearing in the DOS box when it runs), not 3.0.99.  I just downloaded it again and it has the same date/time and size as the one that I am running.
I did not try cgminer or Ubuntu yet  (I prefer to stay with bfgminer, as it is running well with my USB BE's and I read that cgminer tends to disrupt the drivers for those).
The hub used is a cheap 10 port USB 2.0 with a 4A supply.  This BlueFury is the only device on the hub, so there should be no issue with power.
I tried a different pool (BTC guild) and the hash rate is similar.

Ok, am I right to assume you are trying to run both the block eruptors and the fury unit in the same instance of  bfgminer? If so can you try just running it on its own without the block eruptors plugged in? Also does your command line have Icarus:all and bigpic:all?

Edit don't worry I have had a talk with Luke-jr and it is something we should fix in a couple of days if necessary we will push a new firmware out to the public. Sorry for the inconvenience.

The BlueFury is running on a separate PC, which does not have any USB BE's.  I intend to eventually run both on the same PC, under separate instances of bfgminer.
The bfgminer command line uses the #mine.bat batch file in the guidelines which contains
bfgminer.exe -S "BF1:all" -o pool url -u user -p pwd
I tried to install cgminer on windows, but still have a problem with it recognizing the BlueFury device.  I installed the driver using zadig, I can see it in Device Manager, but have no idea how to convince Cgminer to detect it.  I went now back to bfgminer (had to revert back to the Com driver) so that it can do something useful while I look for a better solution.
Is Icarus:all and bigpic:all needed on the bfgminer command line?

Activity: 630
Merit: 501
Miner Setup And Reviews. WASP Rep.
November 01, 2013, 09:26:28 AM
After trying to run the Blue Fury miner with bfgminer3.4.0 with -S bigpic:all, it was detected and hashed, but had a very high H error rate (about 61%) after about 40 minutes.  The hash rate was about 2.26 GH/Sec.
Trying the original modified bfgminer 3.2.0 resolves the H error rate, but the hash rate is still about 2.26 GH/sec.
Is there any way to change the configuration or firmware to get closer to the specifiec 2.6 GH/sec?

A couple of things.
Have you tried cgminer?
I downloaded the file per the installations instructions in this thread, and it runs bfgminer 3.2.0 (that is the text appearing in the DOS box when it runs), not 3.0.99.  I just downloaded it again and it has the same date/time and size as the one that I am running.
I did not try cgminer or Ubuntu yet  (I prefer to stay with bfgminer, as it is running well with my USB BE's and I read that cgminer tends to disrupt the drivers for those).
The hub used is a cheap 10 port USB 2.0 with a 4A supply.  This BlueFury is the only device on the hub, so there should be no issue with power.

Ok, am I right to assume you are trying to run both the block eruptors and the fury unit in the same instance of  bfgminer? If so can you try just running it on its own without the block eruptors plugged in? Also does your command line have Icarus:all and bigpic:all?

Edit don't worry I have had a talk with Luke-jr and it is something we should fix in a couple of days if necessary we will push a new firmware out to the public. Sorry for the inconvenience.
November 01, 2013, 07:56:23 AM
After trying to run the Blue Fury miner with bfgminer3.4.0 with -S bigpic:all, it was detected and hashed, but had a very high H error rate (about 61%) after about 40 minutes.  The hash rate was about 2.26 GH/Sec.

A couple of things.
Have you tried cgminer?
I downloaded the file per the installations instructions in this thread, and it runs bfgminer 3.2.0 (that is the text appearing in the DOS box when it runs), not 3.0.99.  I just downloaded it again and it has the same date/time and size as the one that I am running.
I did not try cgminer or Ubuntu yet  (I prefer to stay with bfgminer, as it is running well with my USB BE's and I read that cgminer tends to disrupt the drivers for those).
The hub used is a cheap 10 port USB 2.0 with a 4A supply.  This BlueFury is the only device on the hub, so there should be no issue with power.

Activity: 188
Merit: 100
November 01, 2013, 07:35:43 AM
Could somebody post the Blue Fury's width and thickness?  Would be helpful to check hub compatibility before they arrive.
November 01, 2013, 06:57:45 AM

A couple of things.
Have you tried cgminer?
November 01, 2013, 06:42:19 AM

November 01, 2013, 05:49:43 AM
In regards to the firmware I am not allowed to release it as it contains a lot of fixes that other people with the same board design don't have.

If we found some way to control that I would happily release it.

Release it yet or period?

Hoping the first option
For right now it is period it does seem the red fury team as taken our firmware so we might end up releasing it anyway. Also can someone who has purchased a new red fury USB if anyone has please pm me I have something I would like them to test on firmware.
Activity: 658
CCNA: There i fixed the internet.
October 30, 2013, 11:26:50 AM
In regards to the firmware I am not allowed to release it as it contains a lot of fixes that other people with the same board design don't have.

Release it yet or period?

Hoping the first option
October 30, 2013, 03:28:25 AM

Activity: 658
CCNA: There i fixed the internet.
October 28, 2013, 11:57:56 AM
Really? BFGminer? no CGminer? Why couldn't you guys make these compatible with existing Mining software instead of requiring the software to be changed to suit your device?
Bfgminer and Cgminer support the device natively. I just haven't had time to update the turorials.

any update on the new firmware? got it working with bfgminer and its getting the full hash rate through but HW errors are through the roof (still getting 2.2Ghash in good nonces but, my god is there a lot of garbage spit out. ~60% extra garb)

not in anyway bashing. just very concerned and curious (helped ljr find/fix a bug in the BPMC driver code for bfgminer that should have made it crash on all OSes but only showed on Mac OSX)
October 27, 2013, 09:13:36 PM
Really? BFGminer? no CGminer? Why couldn't you guys make these compatible with existing Mining software instead of requiring the software to be changed to suit your device?
Bfgminer and Cgminer support the device natively. I just haven't had time to update the turorials.
Activity: 490
October 27, 2013, 03:54:25 PM
Activity: 266
Merit: 250
October 26, 2013, 10:44:18 PM
If you're using a RaspberryPi w/MinePeon or any USB 2.0 hub and would like to know what's a safe range for your hub, go here: http://usbminer.tk1337.com.
(It assumes 0.5w extra overhead for 'safe' range.)

I've seen too many random issues due to people not understanding what is a safe range for their hub's when using RaspberryPi's, so I decided to throw this together earlier today, thinking about adding a checkbox so you can take off the 'safe range'/0.5w overhead, it's already in the code, just didn't put the checkbox there.
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
Hash for Cash!
October 26, 2013, 08:36:01 PM
Blue Furt  Wink
October 26, 2013, 08:33:22 PM
Reserved
October 26, 2013, 08:33:08 PM
Hubs that have been tested and work with the Blue Fury devices.

D-Link DUB-H7 (Runs 6 units)
Cheap Chinese 10 port hub. (Runs 5 units with a 2 amp PSU)

In theory all hubs that work for Asicminer USBs should also work for Blue Fury units as they both have the same power requirments. If you have working hubs please post them bellow or pm me.
October 26, 2013, 08:32:56 PM
October 26, 2013, 08:32:44 PM
This thread will contain information to help people setup and maintain Blue Fury Units.
Pages:
Jump to: