Pages:
Author

Topic: blue sapphire 3 carats, 4 carats - page 5. (Read 12066 times)

legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1000
Truly decentralized stable asset
July 04, 2016, 04:27:49 AM
"Why don't you live in America?"

Although my mother is the person who asks this question most often, I also get it from clients when my wife and I visit them in the states.  And the answer is really very simple- "sustainable competitive advantage".  It's expensive to manufacture anything in America, as you can see from so many manufacturing jobs going overseas.  The cost of providing health care is downright insane.  Skilled workers in the states make more money than they do in Thailand, and that means that our jewelry would have to sell for a lot more if we made it there.  Of course every other part of business life is more expensive in America too- and in the West in general.  Monthly accounting fees, taxes, and office space are just some of the expenses that would be higher if our business was based in the West.

But there is another reason behind us basing our business in Thailand, and that is the cost of colored gemstones here.  The supply chain in this industry is long, convoluted, and inefficient.  If you see a ruby, sapphire, or emerald ring offered for sale in a jewelry store in San Francisco, Detroit, New York, or London or Sydney- it will be expensive.  The jeweler did not buy that gemstone in the colored stone capital of the world, where my wife and I live and work.  They bought it from a wholesaler, who bought it from another wholesaler, who bought it from a dealer who travels here, who bought it from a dealer who lives here!  See the problem?  Of course every person along the way has to eat- they have business expenses to cover and they have to support themselves by making a profit.  But by short-circuiting this supply chain, we can offer you heirloom-quality custom jewelry for much, much less than you would have to pay at home in a Western consumer market.  We can buy gemstones for a very reasonable price here, add a modest markup, and offer them directly to you with no middle-man.

Some people are shocked to hear that we can produce a CAD drawing for $85-100.  There are custom jewelers in the West who charge $400 or more for the same service!  But it all goes back to the lower cost of living here in Bangkok, and reasonable business expenses and lower wages.  Because the stones cost less here, and the labor to draw a piece of jewelry and finish it in precious metals also costs less, the end result will cost less.  I also don't live as expensively here as I would if I was in New York or Los Angeles.  I can live in a high-rise apartment with a great view of the city for a tiny fraction of what I would pay for a comparable living space in an American our European city- so no need to mark up my product by 500%!

If you are looking for a gemstone or are interested in custom jewelry, don't hesitate to get in touch.  I am extremely confident in our sustainable competitive advantage, and when you see how Paragon Universal Trade works, you will be too!

legendary
July 01, 2016, 04:36:19 AM
This is a heliodor (yellow beryl) trillian from Namibia.  It is untreated, weighs 1.39 carats, and has excellent saturation and brilliance.  Magnificent stone!  It measures 8.06 x 8.05 x 4.54mm deep.  22USD per carat plus 12USD shipping.  I will combine shipping if you buy more than one stone so you only pay shipping cost one time.

legendary
July 01, 2016, 04:24:17 AM
This is an Ethiopian Welo opal that weighs 0.99 carats and measures 9.88 x 6.20 x 3.34mm deep.  It is untreated- no heat, no oil, no resin- no nonsense!  It was mined from the earth and cut and polished only.  30USD per carat and 12USD shipping via registered mail.

Activity: 49
Merit: 0
June 29, 2016, 01:34:25 PM
nice to see where precious jewels and original stones is available. am happy for your service. incase you need our shipping logistics help

XeX Change Zone Ltd - Shipping Logistics Services

We Offer USA, China, Uk, Thailand, etc Address for shipping logistics around the globe. We always prefer to buy the items we shall ship for you to make sure we are safe security wise but if not we can discuss with you and know your source of payment then give you best shipping service experience.
We do not ship inside of USA rather we assemble in USA and Ship International. We have enough Staff on ground for pick ups, inspection and repackaging of your items to save cost and reduce weight.

We also offer bidding services for customers and purchase on auction and sales sites like Alibaba, Ebay, Amazon, Ubid, Geeks, Dell Auctions, etc.
Our shipping services varies but we ship for as low as $2-$7/lbs.

Our 24/7 customer care service on our website http://xexchangezone.com/shipping-services/ by chating with us or filing up the shipping service order form will make us respond to you in maximum of 10minutes.

Away from Shipping we offer customer online payment help. We pay for any service which you may not be able to pay for ranging from subscriptions to re-current payments at a very low fee.

Email: [email protected]
WhatsApp: +639482996468 ( For Bulk Serious Order Chats Only )
legendary
June 29, 2016, 05:23:28 AM
Thank you defcon23!  My wife and I have on office at Silom and Mahaesak roads, which is ground zero for the world's colored gemstone trade.  We have access to some truly amazing treasures!
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1002
June 29, 2016, 05:21:50 AM
legendary
June 29, 2016, 05:08:28 AM
This magnificent heart ruby was mined in Mozambique in the northern mining region of Montepuez.  It weighs 3.45 carats and has been treated with heat and flux.  It includes a report from GRS/Swisslab which denotes "pigeon's blood" color.

Pigeon's blood color is exceptionally rare in ruby.  16,000USD total including independent laboratory report but not including shipping or insurance.  With UPS Express or FedEx I can have this stone in your hand in 3-5 days ($135).

legendary
June 29, 2016, 04:41:30 AM
This is a royal blue sapphire that weighs 2.03 carats and hails from Madagascar.  It is completely untreated and comes with a report from GRS/Swisslab signed by Dr. Peretti, a noted authority on ruby and sapphire.  1500USD per carat includes report but not shipping or insurance.

legendary
June 29, 2016, 04:12:02 AM
Several months ago I came across an absolutely amazing parcel of three stones.  I had seen sillimanite cat's eyes before, in fact I have sold many of them over the years as they are a desirable, beautiful, and rare collectible gemstone.  But I had never seen such large and beautiful ones.  Most sillimanite is dark-colored and can be reddish-Brown or purplish.  Only on very rare occasions have I seen colorless stones and they were always tiny- less than a few carats.  When I came across this parcel of stones I knew I had to have all three!  The smallest stone was about 14 carats but it has been sold to a collector/dealer in Canada.  The two that I have left weigh 28.48 carats and 38.26 carats.  Keep in mind that the vast majority of the sillimanite cat's eyes on the market are under three carats.  In the event that you see one that is 4+ carats, it is generally a very dark stone.  These are like water- amazingly clear.  It is hard to describe what it is like to hold one in your hand and have the light play over it as the "eye" moves- it is quite surreal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJSj1_IK6-I

Please take the time to look over the sillimanite cat's eyes on eBay if there is any question how rare these stones are!  I have never seen any approaching this size and quality and I would go as far as to say that the 38.26 carat is the finest and largest sillimanite cat's eye in existence.  If you see anything online that contradicts this please forward it to me.  I've been selling colored gemstones for over a decade and have sold hundreds of cat's eyes but have never seen one anything like this.  I looked very hard to find comparables at the Tucson gem show this year- NOTHING.

I priced the 28.48 carat stone at $600 per carat, but I've offered it to wholesalers for $300 per carat.  If a bitcoiner is interested in this stone I will sell it for $249 per carat.

The 38.26 carat stone was being offered at $800 per carat retail, or $400 per carat wholesale.  If someone pays in bitcoin I will take $369 per carat for this one.  This 38.26 carat stone belongs either in a museum, or in the collection of a connoisseur of fine, rare, and exceptionally large gemstones.  It would also make an astounding pendant that would gather attention and questions from anyone who sets eyes upon it.  Most large cat's eye gemstones are very rare, but sillimanite in this size is simply unheard of.  I believe it to be the largest and finest sillimanite cat's eye stone ever unearthed.

Both of these fine stones have independent laboratory reports:

GIT is one of the most respected independent gemological laboratories in Thailand.  Because these are both exceptionally large and rare stones virtually unheard of in this size, I will include (at my expense) an additional report from Tokyo Gem Lab for the buyer.  Very rare stones often have more than one report, and this increases liquidity in the event that you or your heirs desire to resell the gemstone.  Two reports from different independent and well-respected laboratories that both offer the same conclusion in regards to variety and species offers a lot of credibility.

These stones came from a dealer who purchased them in Mogok, Burma and since Mogok Valley is known to produce fine sillimanite this isn't a surprise. Either of these stones would make a superb addition to a gemstone collection, or would make an exceptionally attractive pendant in 18K white gold or 950 platinum.
legendary
June 28, 2016, 04:08:02 AM
I am a real-life gemologist; I don't just play one on the internet!  If you ever have questions about gemstones, gemology, or jewelry don't hesitate to ask me on one of my threads or via personal message.  I will do my best to answer your questions, or to steer you toward any relevant resources.

legendary
June 22, 2016, 04:10:20 AM
I just posted more sapphire on my Facebook page so please take a look!

https://www.facebook.com/ParagonUniversalTradeCo

There are some gorgeous yellows posted today.  Some of these already have an independent report from a laboratory.  If you see any stone that I have listed without a report, never hesitate to ask me about it.  I can get a report from AIGS, Lotus, GRS/Swisslab, Tokyo Gem Lab, or any other lab here in Bangkok.
legendary
June 17, 2016, 12:45:08 AM
Sapphire is available in yellow, pink, colorless, padparadscha, green, orange, violet, and purple as well as blue.  Blue sapphire is the most valuable.  If you are interested in a different color of sapphire please ask and I will show you some stones and quote a price.  I will either have one in inventory or I will reach out to some other dealers in the colored stone market here in Bangkok and find the right one for you.

The most common shapes for cut sapphire are oval and pear.  The reason for this is quite simple.  Rough sapphire tends to be a bipyramidal crystal, so it is most efficient to cut these two shapes.  This is very important because sapphire is very valuable.  The end user is only willing to pay for the finished weight, so it is in the best interest of the big dealers who buy rough sapphire and cut it to retain as much weight as possible.  If a dealer decided "round sapphires are very attractive and popular; I will buy rough and cut all of them into round stones" he would go bankrupt very quickly.  His yield in finished weight of the stones will be drastically lower than a dealer who turns all rough crystals into ovals and pears.  In effect, by cutting all round stones he is turning valuable sapphire into dust on the floor that nobody will pay for.

It is important to let the shape of the rough crystal dictate the shape of the finished gemstone.  Of course not every rough sapphire is a bipyramidal crystal as you can see in the image above.  Sometimes geologic forces break the crystal, or water tumbles it to erode the original shape, or both!  It is the cutter's job to look at each crystal individually and determine how to save the most weight possible from the crystal.  Besides saving weight for his boss, it is also in the cutter's interest to lose as little as possible because most cutters here in Thailand get paid by the finished weight that they cut.  So not only does his boss lose money when he doesn't make the shape of the finished stone very close to the rough crystal, he does too!

If you have any questions about gemology or about the colored gemstone market here in Thailand, or if you have questions about jewelry please don't hesitate to ask.

legendary
June 13, 2016, 09:11:32 AM
Genrijst- are you asking how we take the pictures?  It is with a Canon 6D (full frame) and a 100mm macro lens.
legendary
June 13, 2016, 09:07:15 AM
Thank you for the questions!  I ship from Thailand, the colored gemstone capital of the world.  My wife and I have an office in Bangkok at Silom and Mahaesak roads- the epicenter of the gems trade.  We are in BIS/Warner building on the 8th floor, Suite 8A7.  We are just across the street from the Jewelry Trade Center.

The reports that you see above are from a third party- an independent lab.  If you would prefer a report from another lab instead of the report that you see above, that can be arranged.  Just contact me and tell me which lab you prefer and I will let you know the cost.

Shipping is not a problem- we use a secure courier that is an agent for FedEx and UPS and we can ship anywhere on earth (pretty much) in 3-5 days.  Insurance is available at additional cost.

The 4.46 carat sapphire is 1285USD per carat and the 3.12 carat sapphire is 1100USD per carat.

Thanks for the questions and feel free to ask if you have any more!

~Dave

Activity: 258
Merit: 250
June 11, 2016, 11:33:35 AM
How do you take them all.
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1002
June 11, 2016, 10:10:22 AM
these gems are really beautifuls ! may i ask the prices in bitcoin for one of the 4.46 carat sapphires ?

also , could you please tell me  from wich country do you shipped these ? ( for checking legals importations reglementations  , to avoid customs issues.. )

also , as mentioned in the post above :
and what about thirdly part expertise?

Thanx in advance.
Activity: 798
Merit: 501
June 11, 2016, 08:08:17 AM
what is the price for this awesome gems?
and what about thirdly part expertise?
Thank you tiptopgemdotcom
legendary
June 11, 2016, 02:38:35 AM
We have two exceptionally beautiful blue sapphires at the moment- please take a look at the pictures below and feel free to ask me any questions that you have!

The first is 3.12 carats:

We also have a 4.46 carat sapphire:

I would be happy to answer any questions you have about these sapphires or any other colored gemstones.

~Dave

Pages:
Jump to: