Pages:
Author

Topic: Board Request: Jobs - page 2. (Read 2911 times)

Activity: 210
Merit: 100
Not for hire.
October 03, 2012, 09:35:38 PM
Love this idea!
Activity: 632
Merit: 500
September 25, 2012, 07:39:26 PM
Great idea and bitcointalk is an excellent place to have this type of subforum. Having a workforce paid in Bitcoin only give more value to the currency.

At first, I think only a "Jobs" board should be necessary. It could be divided depending on the needs later.
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
100%
September 25, 2012, 07:34:03 PM
Good idea.

Subsections for
- Graphics
- Programming
- Miscellaneous
etc.

would also be cool and attract a lot of people I think.

legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000
--------------->¿?
September 25, 2012, 03:44:45 PM
It might be worth to try...
I'd like to work for BTC  Smiley
Activity: 56
Merit: 1
September 24, 2012, 09:34:01 PM
bumping
September 10, 2012, 03:34:51 PM
In a "jobs" board, would there be both jobs offers (Need programmer, will pay 10 btc) and job seekers (Will teach calculus, 2 btc/hour)?
I didn't imagine it that way originally but I assume it would. If it got big enough, it could easily be sorted into Job Seekers and Job Offers but at the start it's best kept as one board.
Activity: 518
September 10, 2012, 03:33:20 PM
In a "jobs" board, would there be both jobs offers (Need programmer, will pay 10 btc) and job seekers (Will teach calculus, 2 btc/hour)?
September 10, 2012, 03:29:00 PM
Wouldn't this type of posting already fit under "services"?
No, it just doesn't go well there. Any job posting will be smothered with consumer services and pushed to the second page. There is no real incentive to try to get work from there. It's not professional enough, IMO.

Plus, a clear selection of jobs on a single board will encourage people to actually seek jobs here as opposed to having to sort through clutter to find a job posting on Services.
Activity: 518
September 10, 2012, 03:24:43 PM
Wouldn't this type of posting already fit under "services"?
legendary
Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010
September 10, 2012, 03:13:15 PM
Imagine this Jobs board making Bitcointalk that much more relevant and useful?

BitcoinJobs.com has a method for "Submit a job listing" :

- http://www.bitcoinjobs.com/submit

In about a year and a half it has received exactly five legitimate bitcoin-related submissions from employers.  The listings that appear on there have mostly been the result of stumbling across the listing elsewhere, as there is no default place for job listings.   A board for that here would help.

Now, nearly daily there are people looking for work -- freelancers, telecommuters, job-seekers, etc.  who use that form looking for work.  Unfortunately, that's not the purpose of that site and not something that I'm looking to become involved in so am not able to help those submitting.  But it does show that there are a ton of people who will work for bitcoins.

All that needs to happen is for a Monster.com, simplyhired.com, DICe.com, oDesk, etc, to add "will pay in Bitcoin" flag for jobs listings and a method to indicate "prefers to be paid in bitcoin" for the profile of job seekers and Bitcoin as a payment method would start being discussed.  

Of course, Monster, Odesk, etc., would not like to see a P2P economy because they prefer to be in the middle.

September 10, 2012, 01:53:59 PM
Imagine a growing number of Bitcoin denizens getting part of their paycheck in Bitcoins. Many of these Bitcoins, which may not've been bought originally, would then be kept and spent within the Bitcoin ecosystem, increasing their utility and value.

Imagine these Bitcoin paychecks coming from a job or two, found on the Bitcoin Jobs board on Bitcointalk.org?

Imagine this Jobs board making Bitcointalk that much more relevant and useful?

Let's make it happen.
Pages:
Jump to: