Pages:
Author

Topic: Bold: Bitstamp Hack speculation - page 2. (Read 2068 times)

Activity: 378
Merit: 250
January 05, 2015, 07:55:20 PM
Guys, am I the only one thinking this event and the latest price fall are all subtly linked together? We've been this before. IMO, Bitstamp team has something to do with this "hack" thing. Smiley

It would make sense, maybe an employee or owner with knowledge of the hack dumping their coins before news hits?or other more obvious answers. Who knows.

Buy the rumor, sell the news  Cool

= for bearish news : sell the rumor, BUY the news Grin
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001
things you own end up owning you
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1057
bigtimespaghetti.com
January 05, 2015, 06:20:36 PM
Guys, am I the only one thinking this event and the latest price fall are all subtly linked together? We've been this before. IMO, Bitstamp team has something to do with this "hack" thing. Smiley

It would make sense, maybe an employee or owner with knowledge of the hack dumping their coins before news hits?or other more obvious answers. Who knows.
Activity: 183
Merit: 100
January 05, 2015, 06:17:52 PM
Guys, am I the only one thinking this event and the latest price fall are all subtly linked together? We've been there before. IMO, Bitstamp team has something to do with this "hack" thing. Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1010
Borsche
January 05, 2015, 05:59:50 PM
That could be, the question now is - how stamp will resolve the situation, that would determine how market responds.

And yeah, agree with Jeff, this is an irresistible attraction to any hacker out there, so exchanges must have much better security than fiat banks do - as they are, in fact, banks which have network interfaces open to public where they send and receive money.
legendary
January 05, 2015, 04:37:51 PM
Besides, this explain why they told users to not send funds to their old addresses.
legendary
January 05, 2015, 04:15:06 PM

I would like to point to the possibility of Bitstamp losing their wallet.dat of their hot wallet server to a hacker, a wallet.dat in a daemon server is usually not encrypted, so that explains the new transaction...

source ? I was just reading Jeff Garzik tweets(a Core developer and Bitpay employee) about securing a single valuable file (wallet.dat) and how this changed the whole IT  security scene, and this made me think about this possibility.

I know that some of you take me as a bear troll, but at this point I am sincerely worried about the effect this can leave on Bitcoin in general.
Pages:
Jump to: