Pages:
Author

Topic: [ Bonus PPS Pool - 130% PPS - OPEN ] - page 57. (Read 94010 times)

Activity: 807
Merit: 500
March 04, 2012, 09:16:07 AM
You know, in my experience, most pools start having problems when they have too many users/connections.  This typically happens way before they reach the hashrates they think their servers can handle.  I'm sure handling everything manually makes more users a PITA to test with, but if you want to be stable when you go public, you probably really do need a bunch of small users unless you are going to have minimum hashrate requirements when you are public too.
Activity: 504
Merit: 502
March 04, 2012, 08:09:36 AM
I can offer you my 750Mh if you are interested.

I try to avoid having to many users right now but if I dont get more high hashrate users to fill the server I will keep you in mind.

Please send me PM following the OP instructions, and I will get back to you once required.
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
March 04, 2012, 07:37:11 AM
I can offer you my 750Mh if you are interested.
March 03, 2012, 01:16:50 PM
Further to the boring comment -- loving the <1% rejects...

Code:
 Queued work requests: 17487
 Share submissions: 18630
 Accepted shares: 18535
 Rejected shares: 95
 Reject ratio: 0.5%
 Efficiency (accepted / queued): 106%
 Discarded work due to new blocks: 679
 Stale submissions discarded due to new blocks: 42
 Unable to get work from server occasions: 38
 Submitting work remotely delay occasions: 24

Will get to public stage hopefully sooner than later, all the BETA testers who actually have ongoing participation and dealt with us through the horrible->bad->better->Good->Great->Excellent stages of this pool will be compensated above the rates we plan to offer to the public.

There is still a few weeks to go till we get to that stage but in the meantime happy mining Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1000
March 03, 2012, 01:09:03 PM
Further to the boring comment -- loving the <1% rejects...

Code:
 Queued work requests: 17487
 Share submissions: 18630
 Accepted shares: 18535
 Rejected shares: 95
 Reject ratio: 0.5%
 Efficiency (accepted / queued): 106%
 Discarded work due to new blocks: 679
 Stale submissions discarded due to new blocks: 42
 Unable to get work from server occasions: 38
 Submitting work remotely delay occasions: 24
March 02, 2012, 05:26:04 PM
UPDATE :

We are looking for a couple more users(preferably high GH) so we can test the system further, recent updates dropped stales alot and stability looking good.

From now on I will only email users who were involved in atleast the previous payment cycle, if you decide to mine again and havnt mined in the previous payment cycle from the current date then let me know via email because you wont receive emails otherwise.
March 01, 2012, 07:08:08 AM
UPDATE :

Were having some issues at the datacentre for the past 12hrs so intermittent connection issues could be expected. Will be resolved asap.
February 29, 2012, 07:38:06 PM
This pool is getting boring  Smiley

Im sorry Tongue

I hope that was sarcasm though Smiley
I think that boring is good in a pool. I would consider it a compliment.

Thats what I thought you meant, others might not reading the thread Smiley
February 29, 2012, 06:38:58 PM
This pool is getting boring  Smiley

Im sorry Tongue

I hope that was sarcasm though Smiley
February 27, 2012, 07:41:48 PM
Hi Fred0

That issue with com error is being looked at, what Ive noticed though the recovery rate is so fast that based on my estimates hashing time lost equals roughly 0.2% stale equivalent. This is definitely not how it should be but it is also not earth shattering for now.

I will be looking into it and keep you updated via email.
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1000
February 27, 2012, 05:41:50 PM
Received - thanks!
February 27, 2012, 01:11:03 PM
Im sending out the delayed payments now, sorry about the delay.

I would appreciate if everyone who have issues can first contact me via email(you know the address) since I can help you much faster via email than on the forum. If you really need to foam at me publicly then please do use the forum however its very unproductive way to deal with issues. Wink

EDIT: Please check your emails, payments processed.
February 27, 2012, 12:06:01 AM
It happens continuously until I restart the miners.

EDIT - I updated to the newest cgminer and it starting happening again after roughly 45-60 minutes from when I started the miner.

This shouldnt happen anymore at all, I will run a queue test during next couple of hours and look at it when I wake up. Should be easy to figure out with the info at that time, eitherway let me know if it clears up at all.
February 27, 2012, 12:01:15 AM

Please try update cgminer, I havnt had any reports like this from anyone else and in the past users would email/contact me over way smaller issues.
Activity: 94
Merit: 10
February 26, 2012, 11:55:38 PM

EDIT - I updated to the newest cgminer and it starting happening again after roughly 45-60 minutes from when I started the miner.
February 26, 2012, 11:51:06 PM

I got this again, after restarting my miners it went away.
I will try updating to the most recent cgminer.

Did you get it continously or just for a few minutes ?

Most days I try to make some changes that last no more than few minutes if that is the case. However if its lasting for longer than that and only corrects itself if you restart your miners it seems to be something else thats wrong.

Anyhow I need sleep now so I can fight with my ISP when I wake up and actually get to remote into my bitcoind box for payments, what a struggle.
Activity: 94
Merit: 10
February 26, 2012, 10:57:47 PM

I got this again, after restarting my miners it went away.
I will try updating to the most recent cgminer.
legendary
Activity: 1449
Merit: 1001
February 26, 2012, 10:26:28 AM
I would like to add that anybody joining a pool that is defined as BETA should expect problems
and be able to handle them meaning backup pool, resetting miners if needed etc.

Joining such a pool and then bad mouthing it is really stupid.

February 26, 2012, 09:03:29 AM
Hi Clipse!

I joined your pool a week ago. But only mined some hours because the pool had a downtime and the miners did not reconnect. As I was not at home for two days I lost two days of mining.

As the website was down most of the time I couldnt see my stats. Today I logged in as the website was finally online. But I couldnt see that I mined anything. No stats found. Didn't expeced much as I was only testing if your pool is legit.

But sorry to say this is pratically a joke. As you have so much technical problems you should pay 200% instead of 115%. Mining at a stable and reliable pool with 100% and even fees will bring you much more in the end as you obivously can't fix the reconnect problem and have a downtime every two days.

Regards,
fydel

Seems you stopped mining just around the time I sorted out all the issues. Yes at one point last week it was terrible but most if not all the miners can confirm that things are good and stable now. Losing 2 days would never occur no matter what pool you mine at primarily which could also have issues, you need to start using backup pools for these scenarios.

The above issue of 5-10mins in the early mornings I specificly emailed users about to be aware of it occuring, it wasnt an ongoing problem and was the only 5-10min choke that occured for over 4days. I dont think thats all that shameless ?

Btw I have allready send out the BTC you earned for the short period that you mined, this was also confirmed to all users in the most recent payment made email. I still need to manually add the most recent payment to the payment history of worker accounts, all of this was explained in the most recent emails.

Please dont make false statements about me not being able to fix the reconnect problem, it has been fixed for a couple of days allready, as I noted EpicBacon's issue is unrelated to the overall server stability, do you see anyone else in recent times posting about this issue?

I do appreciate honest comments, good or bad, but mining during the worst period of the pool for a couple of hours and then passing outright judgement of past and future performance is extremely unfair.
Activity: 522
Merit: 500
Hasta la Bitcoin siempre!
February 26, 2012, 08:56:51 AM
Hi Clipse!

I joined your pool a week ago. But only mined some hours because the pool had a downtime and the miners did not reconnect. As I was not at home for two days I lost two days of mining.

As the website was down most of the time I couldnt see my stats. Today I logged in as the website was finally online. But I couldnt see that I mined anything. No stats found. Didn't expeced much as I was only testing if your pool is legit.

But sorry to say this is pratically a joke. As you have so much technical problems you should pay 200% instead of 115%. Mining at a stable and reliable pool with 100% and even fees will bring you much more in the end as you obivously can't fix the reconnect problem and have a downtime every two days.

Regards,
fydel
Pages:
Jump to: