Pages:
Author

Topic: BOOK: 'The Bitcoin History Book 2008-2024' Progress Report (UPDATE 04/12/2023) - page 2. (Read 1396 times)

legendary
Activity: 2954
Merit: 1159
Please let me know where to get this book or is it available in pdf file online if pdf file is available please give me the link.  Because I have been looking for this book for a long time but couldn't find it but today I noticed that you posted this post and I feel very lucky to see your post. 

Well if you carefully read the OP post, you will find the link to the book  Smiley

Please read the opening post, and then consider supporting me as I aim for completion. I'm more determined than ever to get over the finish line.

Well, just my idea why don't you publish this book on different social media platforms and get a payment for this to be downloaded? Maybe you can have a website of your own where you may sell this book.
Yes, it's good that you are giving this book free of cost to everyone on bitcointalk but there is no harm if you charge for it outside this forum.
legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1136
Just dropping in to find out who is still interested in the Bitcoin history book. I'm currently putting together pages related to 2019 milestones and achievements. It is taking me longer than expected, but I think the September 2024 completion date is feasible.

Please read the opening post, and then consider supporting me as I aim for completion. I'm more determined than ever to get over the finish line.
legendary
Please let me know where to get this book or is it available in pdf file online if pdf file is available please give me the link.  Because I have been looking for this book for a long time but couldn't find it but today I noticed that you posted this post and I feel very lucky to see your post.  Because I've been looking for this book for almost a year but can't find it like James.  Because I have heard from many people about Buddhists and one of my older brother has said a lot that this book contains all the history of Bitcoin.  Many people who put 4-5 coins or 4000 bitcoins in Bitcoin in 2008 are now.  Owner of billions of rupees.

It will be completed by September 2024.
Activity: 196
Merit: 11
#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE
Please let me know where to get this book or is it available in pdf file online if pdf file is available please give me the link.  Because I have been looking for this book for a long time but couldn't find it but today I noticed that you posted this post and I feel very lucky to see your post.  Because I've been looking for this book for almost a year but can't find it like James.  Because I have heard from many people about Buddhists and one of my older brother has said a lot that this book contains all the history of Bitcoin.  Many people who put 4-5 coins or 4000 bitcoins in Bitcoin in 2008 are now.  Owner of billions of rupees.
legendary
UPDATE 07/02/2024:

I've completed history chapters covering 2008 to 2017 (pages 44 to 187 - 144 pages).

2017 Chapter:

I will complete 2018 and 2019 before the end of February 2024.

Who is still interested?
legendary
UPDATE 07/01/2024:

There is an opportunity for 10 people to have their own personal page in the book!

For 0.01 BTC, on a first come first serve basis, one person is allowed to purchase just one page.  I invite you to write about your journey with Bitcoin (your participation, best memories, successes, failures etc.). Feel free to include photos.

I have opened the book up for these 10 pages to gain community insights and experience.

If interested, please contact me. The price has been set relatively high to deter too many entries.  
Vod
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 3010
Licking my boob since 1970
I think I understand the disconnect here.

You are an artist; you take pride in your work and your value is in the art itself.  This community (even outside this forum) is primarily here to earn profit with crypto.   They do not value the art..  They only care if they can resell for a profit.

You could make your project more appealing by putting each book on a blockchain, or putting some coin behind a hologram at the back.   
legendary
As a way to help me complete 'The Bitcoin History Book 2008-2024' by September 2024, I seek community support.  

If you you would like your full name (or alias) in the book (will be listed on page 6 onwards), please private message me your name and donate at least $5 (crypto equivalent) towards my efforts.  Donation addresses are in the OP. Thank you in advance.

P.S. With sufficient support, I am the type of person who knuckles down and is totally determined.  Please trust me!

Please state which events in 2023 stood out for you. Has it been as eventful as previous years? I look forward to your replies  Cool
legendary
More feedback would be much appreciated...

No one feeling generous this Christmas? The book preview in the OP is effectively around 1/3 of the final pages (300 A4 page book). If you found the early Bitcoin history useful, please donate a small amount towards my efforts to complete all other pages.

Thank you
legendary

Did you ask LoyceV or Ninja for copies of forum posts?   You could run it through AWS ML (free) to produce all kinds of meta data.   Again, this will broaden the appeal.

It is the first time I've heard about that.
Vod
legendary

Did you ask LoyceV or Ninja for copies of forum posts?   You could run it through AWS ML (free) to produce all kinds of meta data.   Again, this will broaden the appeal.
legendary
legendary
More feedback welcome  Grin

Still seeking book sponsors and people/groups who want their name mentioned in the book.
legendary
Nah I'll pass on that.  I don't find it appealing, and it will effect some of the page layouts (text boxes will expand with lower page text boxes without adequate space).  I treat every page as a work of art.
I understand. It was worth a shot. Wink
Once the book is finished, will it only be available in physical form as a hardcover or have you thought about releasing it as an e-book as well? You know how bitcoiners and members of this community are about their privacy and not sharing their personal information (including addresses) with anyone.

Paperback, hardcover and ebook versions will exist. I am more focused on the task at hand; completing all 300 pages.
legendary
Activity: 2730
Merit: 7065
Farewell, Leo. You will be missed!
Nah I'll pass on that.  I don't find it appealing, and it will effect some of the page layouts (text boxes will expand with lower page text boxes without adequate space).  I treat every page as a work of art.
I understand. It was worth a shot. Wink
Once the book is finished, will it only be available in physical form as a hardcover or have you thought about releasing it as an e-book as well? You know how bitcoiners and members of this community are about their privacy and not sharing their personal information (including addresses) with anyone.
Vod
legendary
I doubt your book will be of interest to many people.   People outside this forum see this as a scammer's paradise, and if you are not covering any scams, they probably won't be interested.

As for community members, only a few have made it worth their while here.   The community mantra is HODL. 

Undecided

legendary
I don't know why, but I have always liked when the books I read begin with an extra large letter for the first word in a new section.
For instance, your first section titled Registration of the bitcoin.org Domain Name begins with From late 2007 to 2009...
Instead of that, I would prefer From late 2007 to 2009...
I obviously don't expect you to make that change. Just providing some feedback on what I find more visually appealing.

legendary
Activity: 2730
Merit: 7065
Farewell, Leo. You will be missed!
I don't know why, but I have always liked when the books I read begin with an extra large letter for the first word in a new section.
For instance, your first section titled Registration of the bitcoin.org Domain Name begins with From late 2007 to 2009...
Instead of that, I would prefer From late 2007 to 2009...
I obviously don't expect you to make that change. Just providing some feedback on what I find more visually appealing.
legendary
For of all, thank you to all those who have commented on this thread including useful feedback.  It is motivating and helps me to assess progress.  I have nearly completed the first draft of 8 chapters covering 2008-2016 (see draft preview, some pages removed) immediately below.  The Bitcoin yearly history chapters begin on page 44 after introductory and other BTC related pages.  

To be honest, I am slightly baffled about the lack of generosity from the community.  Countless time and energy has been put into it so far, and I am determined to write draft pages for 2017-end June 2024 next year.  I'm far from a greedy person (live in a small terrace house with terrible heating and an abomination of a garden) who continuously loves to learn and work hard.  Moreover, I turn down overtime at work in favour of writing this book.  If you can, please donate:

$BTC bc1qktyzg2atx5paka2x64pxdwg54u7m2yn3cu2qxy

$LTC ltc1qz8jqkhy264q3mdjkjzsve7er25qdnmmvxt96lr

$ETH 0x125288bAf499e26259f8E2aC6FC5fE1491aBa9c2

$DOGE DRj7PWEz5zxHc5ptkTBapKjCrxQU75CB6q

$XRP r9LbXGJ9HCdwvAhKWJJLihSd8612xHybv7

With sufficient help, I know the book will be completed by September 2024.  Thank you in advance for your support and feedback.

Below are thumbnail screenshots of the first 8 yearly BTC history chapters:

Vod
legendary
If anyone in the community can help, please donate by first messaging me here. Your name will be included in the book.

On a personal note, there are times when I feel lethargic and fed up. Despite that, I keep finding the motivation to persist. Please support me if you can as I do my best to create something great.

I appreciate all praise from the Bitcoin community.

I don't know how much you covered crime, but if you have a chapter on corruption, I can provide quite of bit of evidence in Theymos and OG's own posts.   I could possibly get you $ help with some scam charities.  (Don't get excited OG, they support scam victims   Wink)
Pages:
Jump to: