Pages:
Author

Topic: Bought a new expensive car - wife wants to drive it - page 2. (Read 3430 times)

Activity: 308
Merit: 250
Its a fucking car.

I have an unmolested 69 mustang. I can't exactly go buy a new one, even similar ones are hard to locate. With drum brakes on each corner, bathtub like handling and 400 hp, my gf still mostly drives it and there have been a few close calls.

And yes the more we drive it the more scratches it gets..big deal, that's what paint is for.
Activity: 764
Merit: 500
I'm a cynic, I'm a quaint
A car is made to drive. If the choice is either it sits in the parking lot or my wife drives it somewhere... My wife gets to drive it.

Of course, if I want to go somewhere myself my wife can take her own bloody car.

Nobody says the car isnt being driven ...

Everyone value things differently.

Yeah, it is your car and your call. I just gave my opinion and I guess you're right that I don't value my car that much.

Obviously I am not you and my wife doesn't have a licence to drive so I can't really relate Wink. If I were your I probably wouldn't let her drive it either. Heck, she has a BMW? What is she complaining about!?
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000
Thanks OP for giving me another reason to not get married Tongue If you're wife was reasonable and intelligent she'd know exactly why you'd think twice about letting her borrow a new car let alone one that's expensive, if she hasn't she sounds pretty arrogant. I'd basically say "Sure you can drive it, but you're the one paying for the damn insurance if you crash it again" but that just depends on how much you want to stay with her lol.
Activity: 658
A car is made to drive. If the choice is either it sits in the parking lot or my wife drives it somewhere... My wife gets to drive it.

Of course, if I want to go somewhere myself my wife can take her own bloody car.

Nobody says the car isnt being driven ...

Everyone value things differently.
Activity: 764
I'm a cynic, I'm a quaint

Activity: 658
What car did you get?
Porche Panamera Turbo S

Another question? If you don't trust your wife even if it is so petty thing like driving your car - why are you with her?

Its not about trusting here. She dinged my bumper by going too deep into the parking spot in an underground parking lot. She's also had it dinged in a parking lot while the car was parked. She's not a bad driver, but not a good one either.

Did you tell her before you bought it she wasn't going to be driving it because of her crappy driving?
Has she got her own car?

If you answered yes to both the above, don't sweat it and keep her away from your car. You can always placate her with expensive jewelry.

She has her own bmw

At the end of the marriage, she will likely own 80% of your properties life savings. Get used to it now and let her drive the car.
Would you rather her fuck up your car or your relationship?  Undecided
The way I figure it, my wife owns 50% of my "fun" car. If she want's to drive it, I trust her enough to, and will ungrudgingly deal with whatever improbable outcome that results. Same way I would understand her allowing me to drive her "fun" car if I desired.

Well, when we got engaged she made substantially more than me. When we had our money talk, I figured we would have a joint account and everything goes in there. She felt that wasn't fair. So we ended up going the route where we both put an equal amount into the joint account each month. All shared expenses come out of the joint account. We would also have our own personal accounts. With this arrangement, she had a hell of a lot more spending money than me.

Over the years, I've closed the gap in terms of our salaries. However, I've made quite a bit in my investments over the past several years. Now that I've got a decent amount of personal money, I decided to use it to buy myself a nice car. So really, it is my car, paid for with my money.
legendary
Activity: 1090
Did you tell her before you bought it she wasn't going to be driving it because of her crappy driving?
Has she got her own car?

If you answered yes to both the above, don't sweat it and keep her away from your car. You can always placate her with expensive jewelry.
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1001
Another question? If you don't trust your wife even if it is so petty thing like driving your car - why are you with her?
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1004
Same way I would understand her allowing me to drive her "fun" car if I desired.

*Hey baby, I let you drive my fun car, now it's my turn to drive yours?*

Shocked
Activity: 806
You have to let her drive it sometime so what the hell let her take a swing at it while it's covered with insurance.
b!z
legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1010
What car did you get?
legendary
Merit: 1001
Every car I've ever owned - I've let my wife drive. She's always put a ding or two in them. I recently bought a really expensive car and my wife wants to drive it. I really don't want to let her, so I told her that I'd have to think about it. She is pretending that she's not mad at me, but I know she is.

I've worked hard, saved a lot, and invested well to be able to comfortably afford a nice car. I take really good care of the car and consider it as a reward to myself.

If you were me, would you suck it up and graciously let the wife drive the car? or try and explain to the wife why I don't want her to drive it?

What car is this? And just let her drive. If she destroy it let her buy a new car for you. Simply as that.
Activity: 490
Let her drive it but let her get used to it first driving around a parking lot or something. But you know what you should do really.
legendary
At the end of the marriage, she will likely own 80% of your properties life savings. Get used to it now and let her drive the car.
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
id go with the car and just get another wife  Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1002

relationship at least your car will be safe XD and if you have a nice car its easier to get a younger model wife to XD
Activity: 77
Merit: 10
seems like a business transaction, like hey! I got married to you! everything yours is mine now!

like wtf?
Activity: 412
Merit: 250
your married, why did that happen? better give her the keys quickly!
Activity: 476
I like boobies
Activity: 77
Merit: 10
hell no dont let any woman near a nice car. i let my mum drive my care once and needed a new bumper. my sister hit my car with her car. woman are a danger near cars. buy her something expensive and pretty she can play with. but for the love of all cars dont let here near it.

yeah that seems a way better plan. Just buy something pretty and distracting to say fuk off to the car lol.
Pages:
Jump to: