Pages:
Author

Topic: Bought a new expensive car - wife wants to drive it - page 3. (Read 3430 times)

Activity: 77
Merit: 10
just curious what car did you get?  Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1002
hell no dont let any woman near a nice car. i let my mum drive my car once and needed a new bumper. my sister hit my car with her car. woman are a danger near cars. buy her something expensive and pretty she can play with. but for the love of all cars dont let here near it.
Activity: 77
Merit: 10
You deserve it.

Your hard blood sweat and tears for this, why allow someone to enjoy that moment lol. Even if its your wife.

You can have her drive it in a open parking lot and reduce the risk for dings?
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067
Christian Antkow
The way I figure it, my wife owns 50% of my "fun" car. If she want's to drive it, I trust her enough to, and will ungrudgingly deal with whatever improbable outcome that results. Same way I would understand her allowing me to drive her "fun" car if I desired.
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
you must have good car insurance, and it depend also from your wife driver skills too
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
Every car I've ever owned - I've let my wife drive. She's always put a ding or two in them. I recently bought a really expensive car and my wife wants to drive it. I really don't want to let her, so I told her that I'd have to think about it. She is pretending that she's not mad at me, but I know she is.

I've worked hard, saved a lot, and invested well to be able to comfortably afford a nice car. I take really good care of the car and consider it as a reward to myself.

If you were me, would you suck it up and graciously let the wife drive the car? or try and explain to the wife why I don't want her to drive it?
Pages:
Jump to: