Pages:
Author

Topic: Bought fake Insluin, hope someone has some info on the guy. - page 2. (Read 8640 times)

Activity: 504
Merit: 500
though I think the catch is that it is likely illegal to purchase RX only medications from individuals.

I'm sure it is but I doubt that the OP would be risking prosecution (if he's worried about that, notify the health authorities instead).  At least a couple of times a year, police here issue warnings about batches of illicit drugs which are potentially more lethal than usual.  I suspect that it's kind of like 419 scams - the victim might have been acting illegally, but the public good is best served by not prosecuting them and publicising the scam so that others don't get caught.

And Shakaru, it sounds like your judgement has been "off" a bit lately.  Might be time to de-stress a bit.

I wouldn't wait to contact the police.  This nearly killed you and it could well kill somebody else if you put off notifying authorities because it's a holiday.  Your local health authorities will also have some kind of after hours contact number and it's exactly this kind of situation which warrants using it.  Local hospitals also need to know about this in case people come in with DKA and their pumps indicate that they've taken their insulin.
+10
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
though I think the catch is that it is likely illegal to purchase RX only medications from individuals.

I'm sure it is but I doubt that the OP would be risking prosecution (if he's worried about that, notify the health authorities instead).  At least a couple of times a year, police here issue warnings about batches of illicit drugs which are potentially more lethal than usual.  I suspect that it's kind of like 419 scams - the victim might have been acting illegally, but the public good is best served by not prosecuting them and publicising the scam so that others don't get caught.

And Shakaru, it sounds like your judgement has been "off" a bit lately.  Might be time to de-stress a bit.

I wouldn't wait to contact the police.  This nearly killed you and it could well kill somebody else if you put off notifying authorities because it's a holiday.  Your local health authorities will also have some kind of after hours contact number and it's exactly this kind of situation which warrants using it.  Local hospitals also need to know about this in case people come in with DKA and their pumps indicate that they've taken their insulin.
kjj
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1026
Yeah, agreed on the police thing.  They might even treat it as attempted murder (but then probably deal it down).

I'm not familiar with insulin packaging.  Did it look legit?  Are there normally any tamper seals or anti-counterfeiting measures?
Activity: 504
You need to report this to the police, to your local health authorities, and to So-Cal Craig's list.  This is a public health issue and media alerts about the scam need to be sent out. 

Keep whatever you have left so that it can be analysed by the authorities.  Because of the knowing and reckless disregard for human life involved, this guy's actions have probably crossed the line into criminal.  You should at least have some record of where you sent payment to, which might be a start - and Craig's list should have a copy of the original ad.

^this
though I think the catch is that it is likely illegal to purchase RX only medications from individuals. I'm sorry for you I really am, Shakaru. I am very happy you did not get hurt from this.

BUT HOLY FUCKING SHIT MAN!!  What were you thinking!!! This dude could have put rat poison in there for all we know. :/  Your life is not worth risking to save some money. I'd rob a bank to get meds before I'd risk injecting something into my body from unknown source. :/

Derek
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
QUIFAS EXCHANGE
You need to report this to the police, to your local health authorities, and to So-Cal Craig's list.  This is a public health issue and media alerts about the scam need to be sent out. 

Keep whatever you have left so that it can be analysed by the authorities.  Because of the knowing and reckless disregard for human life involved, this guy's actions have probably crossed the line into criminal.  You should at least have some record of where you sent payment to, which might be a start - and Craig's list should have a copy of the original ad.

Thats the reason I asked here first while its still the holiday. If there wasnt others at risk, I wouldnt care but when it comes to ones health, thats a big issue.
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

QUIFAS EXCHANGE
I am good. I just had a really bad morning and thats all. And while I know you should not buy drugs in this mannor but if you knew how much this would cost me for just 7 days, you would be looking for other options too.

That's crazy man.  Out of curiosity, what does it cost?  Karmas gonna get that guy..

About $115  per 10ml vial, this will last me 2 weeks. Im going to goto the county run hosipital in the morning, it cost about $14 or so and they give a good amount too. The only problem there is that I have to wait nearly a full day there.
Activity: 667
I am good. I just had a really bad morning and thats all. And while I know you should not buy drugs in this mannor but if you knew how much this would cost me for just 7 days, you would be looking for other options too.

That's crazy man.  Out of curiosity, what does it cost?  Karmas gonna get that guy..
legendary
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1431
QUIFAS EXCHANGE
Activity: 770
You're fat, because you dont have any pics on FB
Sad

Happy your alright Shak..

Activity: 576
Merit: 514
Not meant as an offense, but this is a triple facepalm situation.
Never ever buy any meds from unknown sources.
If something is cheap, it's cheap for a reason. Learn from it and be happy you survived.
QUIFAS EXCHANGE
There was a post last month before thanksgiving on the So-Cal Craigslist with an elderly gentleman selling R type insulin for cash or btc. The last part caught me eye and from out talks, its sounded like he just had a recurring RX and was letting the stuff go for cheap aslong as you payed him the cost and a little bit for his time.
Well last night I went to refil my insulin pump, and woke up nearly dead today. It was just water, or saline, or who knows.
Point of this post is to see if anyone else saw that post and kept the info, and to warn off people in the LAX area buying insluin online.
Pages:
Jump to: