Pages:
Author

Topic: [Bounty .05BTC] Little Single BFL ASic miner. Not getting crap for coins - page 2. (Read 3834 times)

Activity: 124
Merit: 100
use btcguild with pps  Wink
5% PPS fee + an additional 3 percent. So 8 percent commission. May I ask why you're a fan. I'm still pretty new to this....
Activity: 251
Merit: 250
use btcguild with pps  Wink
Besides luck and number of blocks solved, other miners joining/leaving the pool will also affect how many coins you get per day.
Try mining on another pool for a few days and see if you get better returns.

What pools do you suggest for my configuration? 30gh/s Asic Miner....I want all the bitcoins I can get! :-)
Activity: 187
Besides luck and number of blocks solved, other miners joining/leaving the pool will also affect how many coins you get per day.
Try mining on another pool for a few days and see if you get better returns.
How could a site report 30k mh/s and for the past 3 days only make around 0.10BTC on average? That's 0.07 behind what I should be. You mentioned there was bad luck this past day but it's been a while I've been noticing this ever since I started dgm. How long does it "catch up?" to the 0.17 I'm suppose to get? And what's this 60/40 ratio you speak of?

So by luck you mean that if the blocks take forever for the week, there are less solved blocks, in turn I don't get paid nearly as much as I should? How does it catch up for lost coins?
Activity: 280
Sometimes man, just sometimes.....
Update:

I'll pay .05 aka 8 dollars to anybody who can answer my questions and set me up right, to get the most I can for my Little Single machine.

With DGM, its all about the "luck" off the pool, meaning how soon that pool can solve a block, and thus get the reward for it.  The more blocks it finds, the more it can pay out (in theory). If you look over the last 2 days of Eclipse, its been hit with some long long blocks.  One was 6 hours, one was 9 hours, and then there was another that was 15 hours long. That means for those using DGM are having a bad luck streak over the last 24 hours or so.  But then there are times when you get blocks solve din 45 minutes and back to back to back.  Those are the good luck streak.  Thats why they say that over time it balances out.  Usually though they say if you have enough hash power and are using DGM, and at a decent pool (which eclipse would be one) then you can get about a 60/40 ratio and thus get paid out more.

But some people dont line the inconsistency, which is why they choose PPS.  Its more flat.  You take the price per share that the pool is paying out and for every share you submit, regardless if a block is solved or not, you get credit for it and will get paid for it.  Its more consistent, but you also dont leave yourself open to being able to get on a good luck streak with a pool when it starts solving blocks quickly.

So you need to decide, do you want luck and the potential to earn more over a long period of time? Or do you want consistent flow of coins that only changes when the difficulty changes?
Update:

I'll pay .05 aka 8 dollars to anybody who can answer my questions and set me up right, to get the most I can for my Little Single machine.
Also, I switched the workers to PPS then switched back. Does my DGM reset completely or pickup where I left off?

Sorry! I'm a n00b. I read a bunch of articles and maybe I missed it but I tried! "DGM vs. PPS" I'm just desperate as hell with the dificulty level going up so quick and there was no time frame in that thread of how long dgm takes to catch up. What's the best payout method and pool for a BFL little single? SO FRUSTRATED!! ***deep breathes*** Angry

I'm using BFG Miner
*****rephrased the original post to make more sense
Activity: 294
Not sure I follow. You're making 10 Bitcoins/day instead of 0.something? Why is that an issue?
So this really got me upset with the eclypse pool. I've been using dgm for 1 or 2 weeks. I'm mining at 30gh/s on the pool according to the charts.

I'm making like 0.10 a day. According to a hashing calculator I should be making 0.1736 a day. Now I know DGM takes long to catch up but how much long should I have to wait I'm sorry, I'm really frustrated and this stuff is tough.

Pages:
Jump to: