Pages:
Author

Topic: [BOUNTY] 185+ BTC - Open Transactions Client (for Grandmas) - page 3. (Read 12749 times)

Activity: 504
Merit: 500
PGP OTC WOT: EB7FCE3D
Last time I contemplated a PC for my grandma it boiled down to one feature (call somebody) and no GUI whatsoever except big pictures of faces of people in her address book on the desktop - clickable - hit the image of a person to dial and one button to hang up. plus some hidden processes to check uplink and pc status.

Once she would 'master' the call feature, another one would be added (like view weather forecast or the cantina menu) adding another button (switch between phone and this new feature). Not sure about the target audience of OT client but what about reasonable expectations? sort features into a learning path and hide the irrelevant stuff at the beginning.
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
me not. I posted a question if someone works on QA and wanted to look into testing of things, automate them and stuff but it's 'moving slowly'

do you also collect test cases etc?

What did you have in mind in particular ... there is a lot of sample user data data out there demonstrating server contracts, asset contracts, mulitple Nym wallets, basket currency contracts and etc ...

exactly things like that, and do this for every release candidate, and preferably also night builds should be tested.
- checking if all functionality is available and working after each sw change
- compare contracts, wallets, ious created 'now' with samples from old 'good' versions - should produce same results
- list of functionality to be covered by tests/testing

mila : are you saying you could do this? ... or that this is what needs to be done?

between the lines I volunteered. to start breaking it down to doable and measurable things, it
- needs to be done
- needs to be done repeatedly for each build or at least release candidate
- needs to be maintained (test cases, test data, etc)

I could do this. most probably open source it and tutor any other volunteer who'd join the QA
Activity: 950
Merit: 1001
Would this be under GPL/AGPL or some other license? (Maybe the pledgees would like to own it?)

The OP only specifies "open source", so any free license (or public domain) should be acceptable. The author would retain copyright, and my tiny pledge has no problems with them selling additional commercial licenses too.
legendary
Activity: 3920
Merit: 2349
Eadem mutata resurgo
Anyone working on this? I can do it, but I don't want to waste my time if someone else already started work.

me not. I posted a question if someone works on QA and wanted to look into testing of things, automate them and stuff but it's 'moving slowly'

What did you have in mind in particular ... there is a lot of sample user data data out there demonstrating server contracts, asset contracts, mulitple Nym wallets, basket currency contracts and etc ...

exactly things like that, and do this for every release candidate, and preferably also night builds should be tested.
- compare contracts, wallets, ious created 'now' with samples from old 'good' versions - should produce same results

mila : are you saying you could do this? ... or that this is what needs to be done?
legendary
Activity: 3920
Merit: 2349
Eadem mutata resurgo
Would this be under GPL/AGPL or some other license? (Maybe the pledgees would like to own it?)
Anyone working on this? I can do it, but I don't want to waste my time if someone else already started work.

Activity: 440

Also, what are you looking for - desktop Windows client? Crossplat java client? A JS based web client? Can be designed so private stuff don't travel to a 3rd party server.

A cross-platform java client would be best. We have a Java test GUI already but it's just that: a test GUI, not a real client. Therefore we need at least one NICE client that runs on ALL platforms.

As for the JS web client, how secure can that be, and will it require a browser plugin for the OT client DLL ?  Just curious how that would work.
legendary
Activity: 1222
Merit: 1016
Live and Let Live

Also, what are you looking for - desktop Windows client? Crossplat java client? A JS based web client? Can be designed so private stuff don't travel to a 3rd party server.

Ideally something like BitcoinQT, a cross-platform QT client.  The next big project first is the proting of the chaiscript high-level api, to C++.  Once that is built, building a C++ GUI should be trivial.
vip
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043
👻

Activity: 950
Merit: 1001
I just don't have enough money to donate what I think this project is worth.
Actually, now I'd like to pledge 3 BTC. I know it's next to nothing, but that's better than actually nothing and I hate being all talk.

Fortunately, I'll only have to annoy you with tiny pledges this one last time. After this bounty is fulfilled we can just do them automatically with OT. Cheesy
Activity: 41
Merit: 0

E.g.
https://github.com/FellowTraveler/Open-Transactions/tree/846a9398ea5326df9eaa2c162d3dcc8a0934e184/sample-data
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002
Hello!
Activity: 742
Its as easy as 0, 1, 1, 2, 3
I read somewhere that he said he was going to forward it.

Cheesy somewhere is 5 post above yours.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.1250847

Yeah I figured someone might pick up on that sarcasm Tongue
Activity: 532

Cheesy somewhere is 5 post above yours.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.1250847
legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090
Activity: 742
Its as easy as 0, 1, 1, 2, 3
legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570
Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending
FYI: The last entry to http://glbse.blogspot.com/ consist of:

Check out this site - http://www.stochastically.com/ - for weekly and monthly dividend information of GLBSE stocks plus there market capitalisation.

Are you up to being surprised? If yes, then click http://www.stochastically.com/

~Bruno~
Pages:
Jump to: