Pages:
Author

Topic: [Bounty] 2 BTC - corrupted wallet recovery! - page 3. (Read 2661 times)

Activity: 457
Merit: 251
October 14, 2016, 05:18:21 AM
Do you know what may have caused the damage?
Is your HDD slowly dying?
Activity: 699
Merit: 501
Coinpanion.io - Copy Successful Crypto Traders
October 14, 2016, 05:14:34 AM
Have you tried to start the qt wallet with '-salvagewallet' or '-repairwallet' parameter?

No luck   Undecided
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 6382
Looking for campaign manager? Contact icopress!
October 14, 2016, 04:53:37 AM
Long time ago I've seen this thread and bookmarked it. Maybe it helps. https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/walletdat-recovery-recover-your-own-lost-bitcoins-22697
If you already started on the hex path, this shouldn't be hard to check if it's good for you or not.
Good luck!
Activity: 457
Merit: 251
October 14, 2016, 04:40:10 AM
Have you tried to start the qt wallet with '-salvagewallet' or '-repairwallet' parameter?
Activity: 699
Merit: 501
Coinpanion.io - Copy Successful Crypto Traders
October 14, 2016, 02:58:07 AM
Hi guys,

i'm trying to recover some of the private keys contained in a corrupted NMC encrypted wallet.

I know the passphrase.

I've already tried with this tool https://github.com/jackjack-jj/pywallet and the following command:

sudo python ./pywallet.py --recover --namecoin --recov_device /path/to/corrupted_wallet.dat --recov_size 1Mo --recov_outputdir /home/username/Desktop/recovery

No success! Sad

I've also tried to open and read the wallet with an hex editor to see if i could somehow understand its structure and isolate some private keys but i couldn't really understand anything of that, i can see only 8 "ckeyA" strings are present but NO "mkey", the file looks badly corrupted but only one private key contains namecoin so maybe i can recover that one only.

I'm willing to reward with 2 BTC if someone helps me to recover the private key i need.

I'm posting in the bitcoin section because i think NMC wallet format is the same as BTC wallet format, i hope this thread will not be cancelled or moved,

If you need further information please ask.

Thank you.
Pages:
Jump to: